It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WMD Cult

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Skadi,

in a world where a dog can get a credit card,

any 12 year old punk can fake id on his computer,

where a minority can get landed status by just showing up anywhere in the first world,

and an airline ticket costs less than most people make in a few weeks or so,

then Osama is a threat to the US, no to the WORLD!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
TheNeo: Lookee pretty marble. Pretty pretty shiny.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Jakomo,

the marble is your forehead buddy and why the lefty personal attack?

now about your blathering,

you know as well as the ROTW that those on the security council against the US had no interest in disarming Iraq or Saddam because they were the new guys selling them weapons!

furthermore they wanted to greatly increase their influence in the middle east and to make the Euro the dominate world currency.

stop crying on your soap box about how they are good guys and the US are bad. You are embarrasing yourself man in front of many others.

I know you can do better than this.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Gosh dern it, *kicks the sand* MA got another dern "hot" thread going...points looking insanely sick...more and more every day.

hehehe, wtg MA

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This thread is not about the validity of the war, first off. This is about the WMD claims as justification for the war. Many here seem to miss that part.
I can go on and on about justification but it's not the topic here. There are, dare I say, hundreds of threads on ATS covering the broad aspects involved here.

Once again, this is about the WMD claims. That's all.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Um Freemason, er, I mean NEO.....

Stupid, stupid stupid. Do you udnerstand concept of "larger picture"?

Im not even going to go into Bin Laden being a threat, theres so many other threads on that subject, needless to say....

What does Bin Laden have to do with Iraq? Nothing.

Bin Laden a threat to the US? really? Try looking at 9/11 again

The US would have far less threats if it got its damn nose out of everyones biz, ya know.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, presence of WMD in Iraq. Im still waiting......

Waiting....................

Waiting.....................

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Im more likely to see elvis dance naked outside my window than I am proof that WMD as described by the Bush liar administration that Saddam had real and immineant weapons that could be launched to attack America.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As has been said before in this thread...
Even IF they were to find a warehouse full of Anthrax warheads everyone would cry foul anyway. "The Americans planted them" ect ect.
Why even continue this thread?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All arguments and discussions can be good and healthy and valid, until they get personal and trivial and off topic.

Just as a point of order, I do not support anyone asserting that Neo is the multi-banned member Freemason. That's not fair to either party.

Why not treat people as individuals, on their merits?

But of course there is this.....

Nice Words of Musical Dalliance from Reid, Glover, Calhoun & Skillings:

Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of Personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the Cult of Personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality

Neon lights, A Nobel Price
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality

Neon lights a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Cult of Personality was a killer song....

I liked it anyhow...hehehe

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Likelyhood of them finding a warehouse full of anthrax fry is like the likelyhood of them finding saddam hussein and the tooth fairy with the king and queen of genies table dancing for pickles.

After scouring the country now, and suddenly later they find a warehouse full of anthrax, It would be VERY suspect, like, why didnt they find it the first time?

They had thier opportunity, the window of forgiveness and credibility has past.

There is a statute of limitations on credibility, and they have gone way over it now.

With all these troops everywhere, all the planes, intelligence that they have poured into Iraq, and they have still found NOTHING.

Give that, and then also stamp the fact that the Bush admin basically has given up the search for WMD.....

and what do you have? nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Gee, this stupid thread goes on and on, doesn't it?

I quickly scanned a couple posts, and decided to make a point or two.

First point I wanted to make was in reference to one member calling another stupid, and making comment that the other doesn't understand geography.
Is it difficult to understand that even though the countries are set apart geographically, items that are dangerous to the population can be transported through our easily penetrated borders and used against innocent people? All it took to kill a few thousand a couple years ago was a handful of semi-trained terrorist pilots and some box cutters. It is a very myopic and unimaginative view that would indicate that because the U.S. is out of Iraq's missile reach, we are out of reach by any other means.

Americans are lazy? By who's standards? I know many people that didn't know there was a recall of the governor in California and that Arnie is now the terminator in chief until this afternoon. That makes them lazy? Gee, maybe you'd like to tell them that. You'll probably wear your precious little designer shoes right out trying to track them down, as they build helicoptors for eight hours a day and then they really go to work, some ranchiong, some farming and others building houses. They are busy making decent lives for their families, giving them nice homes, safe cars and putting the children in private schools. Ignorant? While you and I debate that which is out of our control, they take their own destinies into their grip and make it happen.
You might want to get off your self-righteous high horse, there, missy.

At any rate, do what you want but leave my cable TV and 401(k) alone, or I'll get violent.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I agree. Hence my question as to why continue this thread?
This has just degraded into a somewhat milder version of the mud pit with Miser MA sucking it all up in stride.
The arguments have been presented and NOTHING will ever change either sides minds. Pure futility now (except for MA's preeeeecious points
)

P.S.
MA, You know I'm kidding.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Fry

Go for it.

If you post once more, I'll get 5 points.

I object to any notion the thread should be locked up. That's like being anti-Scientology, and burning books...

I liked your point that if ever WMDs of any deployable nature are found in Iraq, they will be considered by the world as planted.

That, in part, is why none will be 'found'. The management of the war effort and the occupation have been so #ed up that there is no point pursuing that course at all, there is no credibility in it.

I tend to centre responsibility for this on Cheney and his abuse of intelligence services. But that's another issue, and the whole sordid Bush admin will be taken to account for the campaign, not just Cheney or Bush Sr.

For the sake of all Iraqis, I hope things are back on the rails soon. Anything I see does not present a happy picture for ordinary working people there, and the resentment of the occupying forces just keeps growing and growing.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Who cares what you think, MA? You know nothing. Shut up and drink. This one is on me. Export or Pils?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ahh president Cheney. THAT is something you should start a thread about. I still think he's the one pulling the strings in all of this and I trust him about as much as the IRS. Crap!!! I just went off topic again...sorry.

Nothing to see here, move along (enjoy the points)

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
TC

As we speak, mine's a 'Stinger' - an absolutely disgusting FRUIT SPIKED lager. I have a small duty of keeping tabs on what alcohol is marketed at underage drinkers these days.

I cannot fathom why any young person would ever have more than one of these. No objection to Belgian beers at all, but this imitation stinketh and tasteth most foul.

I liked your efforts to discern what is a WMD of wonderful creation, from what is not a WMD at all, earlier, by the way. You could build your own cult around that: "What IS a WMD?" - the Truth, as spoken by ThomasCrowne.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The facts as spoken by Thomas.

My facts are just that - facts. Backed by clear circumstantial, or indirect, evidence. On the other hand, lack of evidence is not in and of itself evidence. It merely means that evidence has not yet been found.

As far as what is and is not a WMD, yes, I know. It was part of a job description at one time. Not everyone here is a fifteen year old nerd who should shut off the computer and go out for a breath of fresh air. Although I wish I were fifteen again.

My drink for tonight is Bailey's.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
TC, do yourself a favor and pick up some Samuel Adams Octoberfest. Currently my beer of choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just had my second "Stinger".

I am understanding that underage drinkers do not seek after it for the taste.

It is a Workable Method of Disorientation.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In response to your statement/question...

"Sigh... can't you read the posts Springer? Just because you cant dtermine serious consequences doesn't mean others can't"

Ok, SO WHAT? That TOTALLY skirts the question, BASED IN LOGIC thatI presented. I'll ask it AGAIN, (why I don't know, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result)

WHAT ELSE COULD THE U.N HAVE MEANT?!?!?!??!?!?!

HELLO?! Is anybody there? They DID EVERYTHING SHORT OF MILITARY INVASION FOR 12 YEARS TO NO AVAIL!!!!!

What, I ask AGAIN, could they have meant, done, danced naked (YOUR WORDS NOT MINE) around the may-pole, begged their mamas for, etc... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Other than MILITARY INTERVENTION?

You all are GREAT at diatribe, obfuscation, unintelligent, illogical reparte` and banter but hwen it comes to answering ONE question you CAN'T PERFORM!!!

WHY? Because there is only ONE ANSWER! That's why!

PEACE...
OUT...
m...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join