It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Majic: Young Feathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Young Feathers
This is a track from my first album, Wings of Gray, which was submitted to the ATS podcast feed long enough ago that the original podthread for it doesn't contain description or link information. As part of the "re-release" this song has been resampled to 128kbps (better than the previous ATS release) but is otherwise unmodified. Copyright 2005 by Majic. May be freely copied and distributed for noncommercial purposes. Terms of the AboveTopSecret.com Creative Commons Deed apply.

length: 02:50
file: btsmpod_1429.mp3
size: 2668k
feed: btsm

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Young Feathers
Majic

(Instrumental)

Young Feathers is a piece I whipped together that was inspired by my work with the harps in other tracks on the Wings of Gray album.

As with all the instruments on the album, the harp in this arrangement is played on an Edirol Virtual Sound Canvas (VSC) software synthesizer.

The song was intended to evoke the feel of a 19th-century music box. The melody sounds like I've heard it somewhere before, but I don't know if or where.

Although this piece can theoretically be played by a single harpist, it was scored on two separate tracks. Due to the method used, there are some MIDI anomalies in the presentation that weren't planned, but such is serendipity.

Copyright © 2005 by Majic
May be freely copied and distributed for noncommercial purposes.
Terms of the AboveTopSecret.com Creative Commons Deed apply.

new topics

join