It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Aims for Weather Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Air Force Aims for Weather Control

Someday the U.S. military could drive a trailer to a spot just beyond insurgent fighting and, within minutes, reconfigure part of the atmosphere, blocking an enemy's ability to receive satellite signals, even as U.S. troops are able to see into the area with radar.

"This scenario may not be far away," says Defense Tech pal Sharon Weinberger in this month's edition of the always-excellent Defense Technology International.

An engineer with Research Support Instruments in Princeton, N.J. recently completed the first phase of work for a U.S. Air Force sponsored project called Microwave Ionosphere Reconfiguration Ground based Emitter, or Mirage.

More...

I'm not sure if this article has been placed in any of the other forums, but I am placing it here. I think technology like this has definite implications for our "fragile" earth future.

It is starting to really look like we might someday achieve the ability to manage our climate. Technology like this could very well save our butts from global climate change issues... (Remember this story too.)

Of course there is the other problem....Do we really know what the hell we are doing???
Our track record so far makes me a little nervous...

[edit on 10-2-2006 by loam]

new topics

join