It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removable Drive Problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I work on several computers and have to move data around by means of my mp3 player a muvo nx 256mb, it works fine, but.

I put data on it and now it no longer appears to be there, the folder containing the files is still there and the mp3 player reads the amount of space taken up by the files, but I cannot see the files.

If anyone knows a way of extracting the files, that would be very helpful, as im going to lose several days of work, till I can get back to there other computer and find the files.

Thanks

Vorta

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I dont know if you've thought of this and im just talking meaningless stuff to ya, but is there any chance the security on the files could of gotten confusd between 3 or 4 process and turned themselves hidden?

if the space is taken up on the drive, but the folders empty id check my folder options and enable showing hidden/system files..

when you double click on the folder they were in, and it opens up, does it say down the bottom

' x files in this folder ( x files hidden ) '

or something along those lines?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply Agit8dChop,

yeah I had considered it being some sort of mix up, but still nothing... Im using a recovery program and it seems to of found the files, im just this minute saving them.. hopefully nothings corrupted

Vorta

join