It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allies spy on us too: Mossad activities in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Many already know that even allies spy on each other.
Technology, industrial, military, scientific, all sorts of spying go on against this nation by even our closest of Allies.
One of our closest allies has been the tiny nation of Israel.
What many don't know is that Israel is the most aggressive transgressor of espionage against the United states who is currently an ally.

Recently a Pentagon official was caught spying for Israel.
www.military.com...
I am not sure if anyone remembers but not long after 9-11 our own intelligence and police busted up a major spy ring of Israeli's here in the US. Needless to say this hurt US relations with Israel for a while.
Israeli spy ring busted

This activity goes back a long ways.
In the beginning (1947) the Israeli's had to fight for their own survival, and by their experiences they created possibly the most aggressive and arguably the best Intelligence service in the world: Mossad.
Mossad activites in the US go back quite a ways, heres a historical overview of some of their activity in this country (US)
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Personaly I don't fear Israel, neither should you and it's quite obvious our own government doesn't.
But this should open our eyes to the dog eat dog world that is real life.
Only the states that are agressive shall survive. makes you wonder what France, Britian and others do in our country as well, and what we do over there.
Hopefully some of you find this of interest.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by SpecAgentDW]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Maybe I'm naive or just idealistic, but it still bothers me a great deal that a country who owes it's continued existance to the U.S. feels it has to spy on it's benefactor. Each year how much in monetary and military aid does Israel receive from us? Millions? Billions? I know if I was POTUS and my administration were to uncover spies by ANY allied nations the message would be clear "do it again and this sugar daddy is kicking you to the curb". Of course I would probably not last long either with that type of attitude.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thats how it is. There are no allies in intelligence, just common interest. I'm not the least bit surprised. Britain spies on us as well, and us them. I wouldnt be worried about it, we know they do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Allies have always spied on each other, we spy on Isreal as they are on us. Alliances change governments want to stay current so to speak.. There are intelligence activities going on all over the world as ludaChris said common interests in intelligence not allies.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I figured most would know this sort of thing goes on, I posted it merely for peoples interest and to educate that even allies of the US are agressively spying on us to their own advantage.
And I honestly beleive that for the most part its not all that big of a threat.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The spectre of Mossad activities in the US is overblown to almost humorous proportions. As some other people have stated above, and as is common knowledge to anyone in the world of intelligence "everyone spies on everyone". Of course for the most part there's no conflict involved and no one finds out or really cares about it.

Every so often you find odd mentions of it in the papers like here:
Guardian
Rand

In the meantime though, to believe that allies are spying on the US more often than the US spies on its allies is horribly and grotesquely naive.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Spying between allies is necessary to verify that the ally country's policies do not clash with the Spying country. The US spys of everyone and everyone spys on the US.
In Israels case this is necessary since if the US shifted its policies away from supporting Israel, Israel would be in sh1tter.
It is quite easy to do this too. I mean the Arabs have hundreds of millions of citizens which can purchase goods, they have oil, they have money. Israel has 6 million people no gold and very little money. So it is easy to devote your policies to appease the Arab world.

new topics

top topics

join