It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Politicizing about Wiretaps...How convenient!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It was all over the news today about how US intelligence stopped a supposed attack on Los Angeles by Al Queida back in 2002. They were going to crash a commercial jetliner into the Bank building in downtown Los Angeles in 2002 on September 11, according to sources. It was not disclosed if wiretapping averted the attack, sources said.

the source here

I think it is just too convenient that the information was declassified as Bush gets continued fire from Democrats and some Republicans about possible illegal surveillance.

What is your take on this release and declassification of information? I smell politics.....

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
no comments from anyone? So I guess everyone thinks that the timing on this is just a coincidence......

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Maybe if you replaced Bush with Carter, you would get more responses?

seekerof

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Bunk. The Bush administration can make up eveything they want as of now. They made the whole world believe that WTC buildings were destroyed by planes highjacked by Al Qaida, that Al Qaida EXISTS, and started a war in Iraq over false claims of WMDs... they just can say whatever the crap they want about how their Big Brother anti-terror policies saved America from a terrorist network that does'nt even exist, and it will come out in the major news channels as fact. Where are the PROOFS of their claims?

[edit on 9/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
It was all over the news today about how US intelligence stopped a supposed attack on Los Angeles by Al Queida back in 2002. They were going to crash a commercial jetliner into the Bank building in downtown Los Angeles in 2002 on September 11, according to sources. It was not disclosed if wiretapping averted the attack, sources said.

the source here

I think it is just too convenient that the information was declassified as Bush gets continued fire from Democrats and some Republicans about possible illegal surveillance.

What is your take on this release and declassification of information? I smell politics.....

Maybe the world is like ignoring USA.

It's like "W/E you say, suuuuure".

I think it could not be any more clearer that this is a fabrication, and that no such attack was ever planned by any of these "terrorists".

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Maybe if you replaced Bush with Carter, you would get more responses?
seekerof

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Seekerof]

Or James K. Polk? Napoleon of the South?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What a cynical bunch of jerks, we are.
My first thought was exactly that - how convenient. Nifty how information becomes declassified at the best of times, isn't it?
It isn't that I doubt the work to prevent attacks, and it isn't that I doubt the examples offered after being declassified, it is just the fact that the info is not being offered to us in timely and informational measures, but as political tokens to be dropped into meters.

I find that really crappy.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't see any problem with it. I kinda think it's funny that it's OK when the liberals and the media jump all over the Bush administration, but when Bush presents evidence that there have been multiple attempts at terror since 9-11 that have been thwarted by the actions of Bush-Congress, it's "political." Gimme a break.

I'm sure there are reasons why that information has been kept under wraps. Likely some of the same reasons why these wiretaps were kept under wraps. Now that the terrorists know how they're being monitored, they will adapt to prevent it and......BOOM! another major terrorist strike. Then the liberals and media can slam Bush for not doing enough.

It's a never ending cycle. When a Republican is President, the democrats will slam him on anything and as often as possible in order to get back into power. When a democrat is President, the rebublicans will slam him on anything as often as possible in order to get back into power. It's all political and it sucks. Them's the sad facts of life.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I suppose among those people who don't support Bush, the announcement would be perceived as "politically" motivated rather than an effort to demonstrate in the public arena as to why perhaps this "wire-tapping" may be beneficial to the security of the USA!
Most people seem to find the negative spin of ANYTHING this president does. I just wish this President would start calling out the Leftist mainstream media and crybaby-pee-pant Kennedy/Kerry/Klintons on all their BS.
For crying out loud, doesn't anyone really listen to what these people say from one day to the next? They are so intent on knocking down the President yet if you take anything not "Anti-Bush/Anti-Right coming out of their faces, they just clearly AREN'T SAYING ANYTHING WORTH LISTENING TO! How would these Bush-bashers handle the same situation differently?........They never offer a SOLUTION, they just want to BASH!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
what strikes me about this story is how the big key-words are all there......

SEPTEMEBER 11TH, HIJACKED AEROPLANE, SKYSCRAPER, SHOE BOMBS, AL-QAIDA MASTERMIND

but when it comes to actual details....

SOME SOUTH-EASTERN ASIAN NATION, TWO SOUTH ASIAN NATIONS, UNNAMED KEY AL-QAIDA OPERATIVE, FOUR UNNAMED OPERATIVES, UNNAMED DETENTION CENTRE

thats how magicians fool you - you watch what the one hand is doing and dont think about the other

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

He did not say whether information about the West Coast plot was collected by his administration's program to monitor — without court warrants — some calls and e-mails between people overseas and in the U.S. when links to terrorism are suspected.

The White House said that issue was not the point of the speech, but the president and his advisers have been vigorously defending the legality of the program, which has been questioned by both Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

So we have the president not even claiming they received this info through NSA spying. I'm just questioning the timing of this release of info. It definitely reeks of CYA.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne summed it my opinion rather well. In addition to the evidence that the foiling of this plot didn't involve much foiling at all, it's quite obvious that the release of the information is meant to boost support for warrantless wiretapping.

As for politicizing on both sides, yes, there is stupid and wrong politicizing on both sides. That is why I don't subscribe to any political party. They all have their problems. However, from my point of view, the reason there are so many negative responses to the things the Bush administration is doing is because the Bush administration is doing so many stupid, evil and irresponsible things. Obviously others disagree and I respect their opinions. But I will always side with those who are truly fighting for freedom and personal liberties and not just saying they are. Unfortunately, there aren't very many of those in the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Everyone speaks as if it is a complete shamble hands down. But what if it isnt. If you were the President, and you foilded these 10 terrorist attempts, would you not politicize it? If you had done this, would you not want it known?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Everyone speaks as if it is a complete shamble hands down. But what if it isnt. If you were the President, and you foilded these 10 terrorist attempts, would you not politicize it? If you had done this, would you not want it known?

The problem is that they weren't "terrorist attempts" at all. Al-Queida had nothing to do with 9-11. It was engineered to get into Iraq and to possibly declare martial law, and for the patriot act to be passed. It's all in the plan. I don't see any terror here........just political maneuvering to be able to DOMESTICALLY SPY on us.

I'm with Thomas Crowne on this one.....

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Funny how the L.A. mayor had never heard about the aborted attacks until a few days ago!

Bush and his bunch are just flat-out lying. You'd think they would have trotted this out for the anti-war crowd a few years ago.

I think it's just a big lie. Another big lie from that bunch of liars in Washington DeCeit.

new topics

top topics

join