It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney 'Authorized' Libby to Leak Classified Information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting, you know why because I remember when back in 2002 the airports were checking shoes for possible places in the soles where some could hide stuff.

I remember that I was one that make jokes about it, interesting, also that it was comments about possible strikes in LA that were stopped but not more information was given.

Actually bringing all these now, not only help keep the minds of the people from the bigger issues at hand but also is helps give a boost to the proposed outrageous budget.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Cheney may not be fully in charge of classified information. That leaves Bush himself.

Over tea, maybe??? I am sure even Cheney has to check with President Bush about such matters.

I think Cheney gets any information that the president gets, now for the Tea I bet Karl Rove was also there handing the coffe cakes during the time of the discussion.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Actually bringing all these now, not only help keep the minds of the people from the bigger issues at hand but also is helps give a boost to the proposed outrageous budget.

What would this type of release be a deterrant for reporting? Is there are issue that is larger that national security that is not being recognized and covered up?

Personally, I think Cheney told him something in confidence, and it was Libby who slipped. Like I said, he is no sacraficial lamb, he made a mistake and now is paying the price. If Cheney would tell the a member of the Senate judiciary committee to F*%-off, I think if he wanted to release this information he would have done it himself

snoozebuttondreams.com...

Was there anything for Cheney to gain by outing Plame. Yes and no. Was it coincidence that it occured days after her husbands op-ed piece?

However, read the following carefully

en.wikipedia.org...

During the press conference, Fitzgerald was asked if he knew whether Libby revealed Plame's covert status knowingly; he responded:

Let me say two things. Number one, I am not speaking to whether or not Valerie Wilson was covert. And anything I say is not intended to say anything beyond this: that she was a CIA officer from January 1st, 2002, forward. I will confirm that her association with the CIA was classified at that time through July 2003. And all I'll say is that, look, we have not made any allegation that Mr. Libby knowingly, intentionally outed a covert agent. We have not charged that. And so I'm not making that assertion

So if the the US jsutice departments lawyer is even saying they are not charging Libby, who actually told Robert Novak who she was?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now you believe members of Bush's administration.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Libby himself said:

His SUPERIORS as in plural, more than one superior, that leads to Bush and Cheney.

I wonder what drama will unfold today!!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Libby himself said:

His SUPERIORS as in plural, more than one superior, that leads to Bush and Cheney.

I wonder what drama will unfold today!!

Gezz............point of order here..........

1. Val PHLAME was never a covert OP. Never...she was a "reader" if you understand the term.

2. There was never a crime to begin all this BS. No Leak.............

The real story is the NSA leak that most likely came from Leahy!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
thermopolis
No, she wasn't deep cover or anything, but she was covert. Her position allowed her access to information relevant to national security. Now that everyone knows the scoop, it's doubtful if she will be privvy to anything useful whatsoever.

Her life was endangered, as well as her career - all by vengeful partisan political stooges. The CIA and Bush have not exactly gotten along. A significant portion of the current employees agree with Bush's contention that the CIA is a political tool, and do you know why that is? Because the dissenters already left.

The CIA is NOT a political tool, it's a vital component of national security, and in order for it to do its job well and in a timely fashion, it has to operate in the nation's best interests, not in the POTUS's interests.

Your contention that the wiretap leak constitutes a threat to national security is bunk. Terrorists know they're being monitored, which is why they've found alternate means of communications - even archaic means that are totally inscrutable to modern tech.

Defeating data mining is as easy as using a replace-word code, or a spreadsheet containing numbers standing in for letters. Obviously those techniques won't last five seconds under dedicated review by a cryptographer, but they don't have to! The sheer bulk of the data to be processed insures that only the most obvious patterns and buzzwords get tagged for follow-up investigation.

The terrorists know not to use the same phone for long periods of time, and they knew before the leak that the capabilities of the NSA included wiretapping. That's why the vast majority of leads provided by such systems are totally worthless, just random joe nobodies.

It's not as though terrorists have access to the FISA transcripts, right? How would they know what warrants were issued? There was a perfectly acceptable procedure in place, and the administration bypassed it because it wasn't convenient for them to explain their motivations. Well, NEWS FLASH, that's the way our system is designed to work - oversight insures accountability (in theory if not in practice).

What's the greatest threat to American national security? Partisan weenies. :shk:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
1) she was a "reader" if you understand the term.

2) The real story is the NSA leak that most likely came from Leahy!!!!!!

1) Where or from whom did you hear this term?

2) I agree this is FAR more sensitive. More than people are giving light to. It is one of those "if they only knew" things.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The president appoints the vice president. The vice president is a trusted pick of the president. Whatever the vice does, reflects on the president.

If Dick authorized, you bet he could.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If by calssified information you mean the fact that everyone IN THEIR CIRCLE of Fancy Political people knew the Lady worked for CIA, big deal... besides she wasnt even an agent, she had a desk job.... I bet even the starbucks jenitor knew who she was and what she did... people are blowing this of porportion as usual as if she was a "undercover agent"..in her dreams maybe ...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

If by calssified information you mean the fact that everyone IN THEIR CIRCLE of Fancy Political people knew the Lady worked for CIA, big deal... besides she wasnt even an agent, she had a desk job.... I bet even the starbucks jenitor knew who she was and what she did... people are blowing this of porportion as usual as if she was a "undercover agent"..in her dreams maybe ...

Could you link a good source that details what exactly this woman did for the CIA?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaoTzu

Could you link a good source that details what exactly this woman did for the CIA?

Her husband sai it so on a Interview with ... "60 minutes" i think... i may be wrong about the show's name. It was some where in December... but yep ... he said so, he also said she was thinking about retirement... I doubt he would lie about his own wife, when he is trying to make a case for her ...

I will try to find the shows trnacript, but honestly i doubt I'll find it ...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Given Scooter and Cheney's similar ideologies, PNAC connections, etc. it will be interesting to see if one of them is discarded as a liability, or if they find a way to ensure they both survive politically. If one stays in the political arena and one goes it could have some interesting implications as far as who among them is of greater "value."

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Libby testified that Cheney told him about Plame "in an off sort of, curiosity sort of, fashion,"

So this to you is confirmation that Cheney said out the CIA agent?

I think the indictment is about who told Libby about Plame, not whether Cheney said go national with it.

Libby, 55, was indicted last year on charges that he lied to FBI agents and the grand jury about how he learned CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity and when he told reporters.

Source

<< 1   >>

join