It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transmetropolitan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just discovered this new comic by Warren Ellis and let me tell you this ain't no grown men in tights. It's basically a futuristic version of well I dunno, but the closest comparison I can think of is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He's a Chain smoking, violent, sociopathic Journalist who pretty much thinks all people are lying scum bags waiting for him to figuratively(and sometimes literally) knock the crap out of them(or shoot them with his *ahem* Illigal Bowel Loosening Gun) in one of his columns, if you manage to find this in your local comic shop BUY IT. You will not be disappointed. Spider Jerusalem is the MAN!

www.transmetropolitan.com...

[edit on 9-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've never picked up the book but I've heard great things about it.

Right now Warren Ellis is working on Ultimate Extinction for Marvel. It is about the Ultimate version of Galactus. I haven't read that either.

I hear Ellis's Planetary is really good too.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Pick it up you will not regret it. Its pure jokes, fricken hilarious.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Apparently Patrick Stewart is a fan of the Transmet (extremely)Graphic Novels and want's to do a movie for it.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ah cool.

I looked up more info on that.

www.comics2film.com

A recent report on Cinescape quoted Star Trek and X-Men thespian Patrick Stewart about a comic-based work that he's long been attached to: "I'm sitting here looking at a collection of Transmetropolitan comic books as I speak to you." In Stewart's eyes it's a brilliant, an outstanding piece of work. "Transmetropolitan is mature and funny and savage and critical."

Not surprisingly, the quotes stirred quite a bit of fan interest. To counter the building rumors, the creator of the comic Warren Ellis sent out a statement of clarification. In accordance with Ellis' wishes we are running his statement in its entirety:

"Okay, I got a bunch of emails about this today, so let's deal with it now:

Patrick Stewart has apparently said, in a dozen places, that he still wants to make a Transmet film.

This does not mean one is in production, nor that anyone's actively working to develop it right now.

I think Patrick is brilliant. I think he'd make an excellent Spider Jerusalem. Providing [Transmet co-creator Darick Robertson] was amenable, and I can't imagine he wouldn't be, we'd go and make a film with Patrick and Wendy Stewart in a second. But right now, nothing's happening.

That was from 2003. I haven't found any new information on it yet.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah alas it looks like it is still born, but it would be sooo cool if they do do it. Patrick Stewart would be perfect for the role looks wise. I dunno if he can pull of the attitude though. I just wanted to post the picture and didn't want to get a warn heh

new topics

top topics

join