It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens care?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Toc

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

Originally posted by Toc
You have to have a bit of imagination I think.

Once your civilisation has reach a peak, understanding all concept, reached maximum technological and spiritual enlightement, I believe the next thing to do is to try to find ways to assist other civilisations in making progress too.

A bit like when we have people go over africa to try to make their lives a bit better.

That's how i see it.
If that's their objective, they're not doing a very good job of it. The world is as fractured as it has ever been, and I don't see them swooping in to even attempt to save the day.

PS By the way, that post was really old. My view have changed a bit. I figure if they're here and studying us, I, like others have said, think they would do so out of scientific curiosity--just as we study earthworms out of scientific curiosity.

I think are current stage of evolution compared to ETs is way above our differences with worms

I can take one analogy to make you understand a critical point. There is things that you can teach your children. They just have to experience it. My father told me the oven was hot. He could have given me a full lecture about it, i would have still touched the darn thing to check

I believe their interaction with us is to guide us, but not to force us. Changes to be permanent has to come from the earth people. If it was imposed, it would be only superficial and temporary.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
I think are current stage of evolution compared to ETs is way above our differences with worms

I can take one analogy to make you understand a critical point. There is things that you can teach your children. They just have to experience it. My father told me the oven was hot. He could have given me a full lecture about it, i would have still touched the darn thing to check

I believe their interaction with us is to guide us, but not to force us. Changes to be permanent has to come from the earth people. If it was imposed, it would be only superficial and temporary.
If that's the point, why bother at all? If we're going to do something anyway, why waste time guiding us? Good parents know how to balance interference (over-protectiveness) and non-interference (neglect). Good parents interfere when their child involves him/herself with an activity they know is life-threatening (e.g. running out into the middle of heavy traffic). They don't interfere when he/she is simply involved in something very rarely life-threatening (e.g. playing sports). We've run out into heavy traffic more times than I can count, and I don't remember any aliens stepping in to stop us.

Toc

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There might be cases where they assisted, but we were not aware of it.
It's hard to keep track of what happends in our little solar system

There is so many good reasons to come over to this planet:
-They might be worried we are going to bring this war behavior in space?
-They might wish to gives hints here and there on what could bring peace and balance to this planet out of good will.
-They might be explorer like we were and still are, wishign to catalog plant and animal life.
-We never know, they might be trying to learn something from us too, our creativity, art etc...

just to name a few...

<< 1   >>

join