It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Markham Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I found this story strange and creepy have a look.
I wonder what they saw?

The Markham Monster

[edit on 9-2-2006 by librasleep]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm from Markham actually.

The area this story talks about is indeed the Milne Dam Park, also known as the Milne Conservation Area. It's only about a 5 minute drive from my house. And as the story states, bears and apes are not found around here, at least none that I've heard of. You won't see anything much bigger than a fox at Milne, I've heard of people spotting deer, but very rarely. Never heard of a bear being there.

When it comes to this "Markham Monster" I'm not sure what to tell you. Yes I have heard the occasional story, but it is nowhere near a local legend or anything. I've never come across any real evidence of such a creature. Not saying there isn't any evidence to be found, just none that I've seen.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting report, however, Im wondering...

after they knew of the creature's existence, and persistantly returned to the area of sighting, why didn't they think of bringing a camera?

sketches are fine and dandy to help support a first and only sighting.. but a second round sketch (to me) seems somewhat suspicious.

I call it a hoax until proven otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I should also note that Milne is not a huge area. As I understand...it's generally accepted that these big-ape creatures don't like people, and avoid them at all costs. Compared to other forests where Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch has been allegedly seen, Milne is pretty small. Add to that the fact that it's almost entirely surrounded by residential suburbs. I just can't see such a creature living around here.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
After a re-read I think this topic might belong in the Paranormal section.

top topics

join