It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starband network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to network a starband with a 360 modem? Seems there is some kind of difficulty in doing this and making theh computers all have access.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This may be of help TC.

Seems you may need to use a crossover cable, not straight-through, between the modem and router, I'm assuming you are looking to have multiple computers accessing the same connection.

[edit: to add]

360 with router

Good Luck.

[edit on 2/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
never heard of it until now, but maybe this can help you out
www.starband.com...

LOL; 12m8keall2c I just checked your links, great minds and all that.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I thank the both of you very much.
I am not wanting to do anything. If it isn't straight-up moron-proof, I don't muck with it. However, a friend does, and apparently, there is some problem with networking using starband. He says while it isn't as if Starband won't fuss, they aren't going to tell you what to do.
I'll pass this info on to him.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
... and apparently, there is some problem with networking using starband.

After looking at the "setup" described in the two articles I linked to, I wanted to ask if this was a service you were currently subscribed to, or one you were considering. If it was the latter, I would have to say, "Run, don't look back.", however if it was a service you were currently using I could only feel :shk:

I've never had to dedicate a computer as a gateway just to netowrk a broadband connection. Perhaps, and apparently, it's something unique to their service or possibly to satellite internet services. Either way it does appear to be rather involved just to allow multiple computers to share the connection.

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks!
[edit: rassin' frassin' keyboard]

[edit on 2/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join