It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Virus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was having a conversation with my Biology teacher recently, and she told me some startling news!

She said that there was a dangerous virus that was engineered to harm, but no kill. It was created and released to cause people to stay home and consume products, causing more funding to go to the military/government.

Has anyone heard about this? If so please tell!!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It sounds very much like the design goal of SARS...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Did she say WHERE she heard this information??

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Please tell us more information.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
LOL, its called TV.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I e-mailed her to ask her where she heard this information and I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I did my homework (Biology and this) and found out more.

The virus was only TESTED in a few cities and small towns in the U.S., but unfortunately it began to spread and mutate, eventually becoming more harmful, I haven't heard the name of the virus, but it very well could be SARS. But isn't that over with?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'd still like to know a source for this information.... do you have any links you can reference for us?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i'd like to know the credentials of your teacher.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Your teacher may be making this up, but it wouldn't suprise me at all if this turns out to be true.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Was there outbreaks of SARs in the usa i dident think there was.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a good virus doesnt kill at all, but only harms :]], if a virus kills its host it will eventually whipeout itself..if it kills its host that means its not the original host off this virus..

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
I was having a conversation with my Biology teacher recently, and she told me some startling news!

She said that there was a dangerous virus that was engineered to harm, but no kill. It was created and released to cause people to stay home and consume products, causing more funding to go to the military/government.

Has anyone heard about this? If so please tell!!

It's called "television" and "home computers."

The teacher was pulling your leg. Big time.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And, guys, if you're sick with something you really don't watch or pay attention to tv and your purchasing goes WAY down.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Besides all they want us to do is work all day and then give them all our money, oops that is called communism.

Maybe that is the virus?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was thinking weed was the disease, because it causes you to sit at home on your butt eating junk food and watching tv. Course it could also be aids, because it keeps people confined, on massive ammounts of medication, and technically AIDS is non-lethal, it only destroys your immune system, leaving you victim to a host of other diseases and such.

new topics

top topics

join