It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foiled attack on LA in 2002

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
George Bush today has released details of a foiled terrorist attack in LA California. They planned to take over a plane using so called 'shoe bombs'. They apparently planned to fly it into the largest building in the area, the US bank tower.

US President George W Bush has detailed what he said was a foiled al-Qaeda plot to fly a commercial airliner into the tallest building on the US west coast.

Mr Bush said the plotters, detailed in 2002, planned to use shoe bombs to storm the plane cockpit.

The attackers wanted to fly the plane into Library Tower in Los Angeles, California, renamed the US Bank Tower.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I cant believe it took so long for this to come out! It just goes to show things DO go on behind the scences that we dont know about!

[edit on 9-2-2006 by bigdanprice]

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

[edit on 9-2-2006 by bigdanprice]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I find this story a little hard to swallow.

Why would they come out with the information 5 YEARS later?

Why wasn't this mentioned in the 9/11 Report?

How long has this information been known? And, if they just found this information out, what does that say about possible future attacks? Are they going to let us know about it 5 years after it happens? It'll be kind of late then, wont it?

I'm guessing we'll hear about more "averted" attacks for the next several months until the elections are over.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Why would they come out with the information 5 YEARS later?

Why wasn't this mentioned in the 9/11 Report?

How long has this information been known? And, if they just found this information out, what does that say about possible future attacks? Are they going to let us know about it 5 years after it happens? It'll be kind of late then, wont it?

How could they possibly have "just found out" if they foiled the attack in 2003?

As for why they are just now releasing it, if you had read the link supplied by the author, you'd know that:

The president revealed the newly declassified details in a speech on Thursday at the National Guard Memorial Building in Washington.

Emphasis added

That would also have answered your question as to why it was not in the 9/11 report.

To the broader question of why the public is not immediately notified of any threat activity, the answer to that should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The plot thickens, apparently ten attacks have been foiled, since 911.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I understand why the public are not informed of these things immediatly, but when does the point come when you have to warn the public?

If you are following a terroist cell about to commit an act of terrorism, how close to the wire do you let it go... What if you no about it but are unable to stop it...
When do you warn people?

Dan

top topics

join