It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Al Qaeda attack on West Coast thwarted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sure did...

Politicians are all crooked!

Point well taken. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Hey guys, our systems has been hijacked. Who knew?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
Where is the proof that there were no plans for an attack, wheather in the West Coast, West Coas, or the Coast Coast ?

You're asking for a negative to be proven and that's pretty well impossible. You're asking to prove something doesn't exist.

It's up to the people who make the claim to provide proof. The government has made a claim that there WERE threats. THEY are required to provide evidence. Have they? No. Then why should we believe it? Because they say so?

I can say I have an elephant in my front yard and ask you to prove I don't. Can you? No. It's up to me (the one making the claim) to prove I DO.

So, I'll turn your question on you. Where is the proof that there were plans for an attack? I'll wait here...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thanks BH, apparently he didnt read my post saying that very same thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Just in Time to Approve the New Budget!

See? Homeland Security WORKS!

Several Terrorists Attacks were Prevented!

And what about those Nerve attacks on US Senator Offices?

Perfect Timing!

Bingo!!!!!!! you got the whole Bush agenda right to the point with only three littler sentences.:Lil:

Got to get the war profiteers and defense budget investment cronies get their share of the wealthhhhh!!!! yes sireeee, Carlyle group can not wait to get the bounty.

Why some Americans still cling to the illusion is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Where is the proof that there were plans for an attack? I'll wait here...

That's exactly the point. First, this has been made more public just yesterday, in a speech. The White House has even stated that this terror attack was not the focus of the speech. We don't have proof one way or the other, so how can you say you've made an intellectually honest decision of belief?

How often do speeches, instead of reports, go into extreme detail of an incident, too?

This could very well have happened, and I see no reason to assume Bush is lying at this point in time. If you told me you had an elephant in your front yard, why should I immediately assume you're a liar? I've seen the Simpson’s, and I've seen Stampy!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Okay, this thread has gotten almost 100 replies and reading it is see a lot of Bush and Clinton politics and only a little talk of the war on terrorism. Has anyone bothered to read Intrepid's link??

Originally posted by intrepid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please, post some material that makes me think this thread should stay in WOT.
Otherwise, on it's current course, it will be in PTS later today.

There are EXTREMELY few threads that can be considered true WOT threads. Most, like this, consists of people bringing their petty politics into the issue. Facts are just a nuisance.
This thread is a PERFECT example of that. Attacks are thwarted ALL THE TIME. Ever since the cold war, maybe even before. Sometimes they're reported, the vast majority of the time they're not.
Now people can say, "Bush is lying" "terrorists don't exsists" all they want, honestly, who cares what you think? Fact still remains our intel community has thwarted terrorists attacks the past, and will continue to do so in the future, no matter who the president is.
I'm trying desperately to figure out why people are so naive enough to think anything Bush has said is new or something that only been reported during his administration? I used to think ATS had more intelligent members than that. People that don't ignore facts because they don't like the person who presented the facts. I guess I was wrong.

Where's the black band?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So, I'll turn your question on you. Where is the proof that there were plans for an attack? I'll wait here...

Thats exactly my point, neither I or YOU can proove anything so how can you claim that you are right FOR SURE and everyone else that thinks different is wrong ?

You can either believe it or not, but you CANT SAY ITS A LIE just because you believe it is or you want it to be.

Thats the same balloney that saying GOD DOESNT EXHIST, just because I says so. Thats cow pile. It may be what you believe, but it doesnt make it true, so untill you can proove it, it will be just WHAT YOU BELIEVE.

How on Earth can you claim its a negative when you can't proove it ? At least i give it the benefit of doubt, and I'm not goind to demonize a person just becasue its popular or just because i need something to take my frutsrations on and thats the most convinient thing to do.

I could care less if there was a plan or not, because with or without a plan I KNOW there are people out there that would rejoice to see me dead for the simple fact i do not follow their religion... and for simple fact that I was born an "worthless female with no better thing to do than pop children in this world in the name of Allah" and THAT is not made up by BUSH, because it has been going on for more years than Bush has been on Earth.

I have yet to understand your state of mind to actually defend ppl that would like to see you dead ? maybe you think if you appeaze them they will like you ? Won't happen, because its either they're way or the higway. And as much as people enjoy demonizing Bush, because people do enjoy it... almost like a mob scene mentality.. (lets all gan-up on the geuy noone likes, so we can feel strong) up untill now i havent seen anyone beeing killed, beheaded, stone or raped for disagreeing with Bush, have you ?

How many people have been stoned or decapited for disagreeing with him...None that I know... so I guess the eveil demon is not that much of a demon?

I guess evil is in the eyes of the beholder, just like beauty.

"when people love you there is no eveil you can do, when they hate there is no good it can be donne"

Originally posted by marg6043
Why some Americans still cling to the illusion is beyond me.

Everytime i think I am about to understand you, i get trown 2 steps back...

So what do you exactly believe ? That this all problem was made up bu Bush and his admintration just so that they could make money fo the war ? Well, did he Pay the Iranian leader to say the things he did ?

Is Bush paying the Palestinians as well ?? Cause as far as I know these people have always been up to US's butt for years...before Bush even got there?

What exactly do you mean ?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just have two question for all you smart people out there.

True or false, there have been terror attacks against the USA?

If you answered true we've established you're not completely brain dead. Now that we agree terror attacks aren’t some sort of illusion that we've been fooled by do you really believe statistically speaking that terror organizations operate at 100% efficiency? Please answer me that one question... Because if you don't believe attacks have been foiled in the last five years then you're assuming that every time a terrorist or terror cell wants to attack they succeed. Get off the political train and answer this with some sort of intelligent thought process.

Long live Islam. Destroy Denmark. Destroy Israel. Destroy George Bush. Destroy America, protesters shouted as they marched to the Danish embassy in the rain from a nearby mosque.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

how can you claim that you are right FOR SURE and everyone else that thinks different is wrong ?

Show me where I claimed this.

How on Earth can you claim its a negative when you can't proove it ?

Let me explain something here.
A positive is something I can prove because I can supply evidence.

For example, I can prove that I'm married. I can suppy a marriage certificate. That proves a positive (that I AM married)

However I cannot prove that my sister is NOT married. There is no proof for the condition of NOT being married. It's a negative condition. NOT married. I could search the earth and look for a marriage certificate and still not find one, but that doesn't PROVE that she is NOT married. Because (in most cases) you cannot prove a negative.

You can prove something exists, but you can't prove something does NOT exist.

Whomever makes a claim that something exists bears the responsibility for proof.

I'm not goind to demonize a person just becasue its popular or just because i need something to take my frutsrations on and thats the most convinient thing to do.

I'm not either. I have loads of reasons for demonizing Bush.

How many people have been stoned or decapited for disagreeing with him...None that I know... so I guess the eveil demon is not that much of a demon?

Hello?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

I'm trying desperately to figure out why people are so naive enough to think anything Bush has said is new or something that only been reported during his administration? I used to think ATS had more intelligent members than that. People that don't ignore facts because they don't like the person who presented the facts. I guess I was wrong.

I could have not put it better, maybe thats why i feel like this >>>

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1
I just have two question for all you smart people out there.

TRUE !

If you answered true we've established you're not completely brain dead. Now that we agree terror attacks aren’t some sort of illusion that we've been fooled

I still don't get how could anyone float that boat ???

Please answer me that one question... Because if you don't believe attacks have been foiled in the last five years then you're assuming that every time a terrorist or terror cell wants to attack they succeed. Get off the political train and answer this with some sort of intelligent thought process.

It is sad, but i have come to believe that many members of the ATS (not only Americans) would actually be jumping of happiness if another attack against America was successfull, so they could better bash Bush and laugh at him... as if having your country attacked by nuits is something to alugh about. I can see the Demcratci licking their lips waiting for it, so they can jump on a maniac attack and try to win an election, on the death of Amercain people... Its sad... but its true.

Long live Islam. Destroy Denmark. Destroy Israel. Destroy George Bush. Destroy America, protesters shouted as they marched to the Danish embassy in the rain from a nearby mosque.

Oh ..you didnt know ??? Bush paid them to shout that...so he can go to many and more happy wars and make money.

One more question...

If Islamic terror does NOT exhist and its all a scam from Bush and his supporters, why are there so many Islamic people who abandon their owm countries to come find a BETTER life in the USA?

Also, why don't they live and go back to their country when they see all the "lies" the American President makes agaisnt them ?

Maybe the answer is because they know HE IS NOT LYING. They lived in those countries before and they know how bad it is, and thats why they left.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1

Probably true, although I'm only about 65 % sure of that.

do you really believe statistically speaking that terror organizations operate at 100% efficiency?

No. I don't know of many things, especially with human elements that operate at 100%.

Because if you don't believe attacks have been foiled in the last five years then you're assuming that every time a terrorist or terror cell wants to attack they succeed.

No, that's not necessarily true. We don't even know that they've tried! In fact there's another thread here that claims the main guy in the alleged LA attack chickened out. We can hardly give credit to our great and powerful president, or his wiretapping program, for 'thwarting' that one. The guy got cold feet (supposedly).

We just don't know. We have no real information. Anything we choose to believe is just going on a hunch.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Of Course their have been terrorist attacks on US soil.

Unfortuantely there is mounting evidence that some of them have been conducted by our own intelligence community.

So the main push should be to bring these terrorists to justice be they foreign or domestic.

"There is a saying in Texas and probably here in Tennessee "Fool me once......shame......on me. Fool me twice......can't fool me twice .... won't get fooled again!" "

- G.W. Bush

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again"

- The Who

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What exactly do you mean ?

Sorry if my sarcasm is hard to understand most of the time, but just one question.

Do you trust our political leaders and their actions in favor of what they are pursuing in their political careers and the time the expend in positions of power?

That question may clear some of the confusion of my sarcasm.

Then like I said is very sad that many American still cling to the illusion that the elected leaders in this country still works for the people and the people alone.

What will any power in this country will do just to get things going the way they want, to profit from it in any way imaginable.

Profiting from anything going on in this country because is many in special circles than do, they profit from the scare of the people, from the wars, from the results of any conflict or planned conflict and from deceiving the population also that trust them.

They all do but for you and me we are nothing but spendable and just the pieces in the game that our political leaders play with.

We are so worked up to believe anything that our government tells us because we have grown to believe that like they said anything they do is for our own good and the good of the nation.

Yes still many are living in the illusion.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ding Ding, Wrong!!!!! COLE

He's a liar and WE DONT LIKE HIM.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by dgtempe]

So do you treat everyone you don't like this way, or just those whom you know you will never see face to face?... and who is WE ? We who ? the Bush bahsers?... not a bunch of happy people..way to wrapped in conspiracies to even breath right...

And you still didnt answer my qestion... What "dream" america were you referring to ? Because as far as I know, America HAS ALWAYS had very serious problems with ALL Presidents, its nothing new?

And its funny that you quote Louis 14 in your signature yet you don't like Bush ...? unless its suppose to be ironic.

Show me where I claimed this.

right there, where you clearly say the man is lying and made up a good story, yet you can't proove it ?>>>>

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic All this shows is that the president can (with the help of his aides and training wheels) make up a good story to let out into the public to scare them into acceptance of his little eavesdropping program, which he's being constantly hounded about by those few brave souls in Congress left with an ounce of integrity.

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticLet me explain something here.
However I cannot prove that my sister is NOT married.

You can proove that she is single

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
Of Course their have been terrorist attacks on US soil.

Unfortuantely there is mounting evidence that some of them have been conducted by our own intelligence community.

no there isn't ...there are a bunch of Internet websites, but you know whats on the Ineternet is not always right or true.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

right there, where you clearly say the man is lying and made up a good story,

I didn't claim that I'm right and everybody else is wrong, though.

How?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Do you trust our political leaders and their actions in favor of what they are pursuing in their political careers and the time the expend in positions of power?
[edit on 10-2-2006 by marg6043]

Now I gotcha! No, i don't believe that everything they do is for my own good, and yes of course they all push together for their pockets and only theirs, and that if one has lobys with guns and oil, the other has lobys with the pharmaceutical companies and the campaigns of the ACLU, that is obvious to the public.

But on what comes to this "delusion of grandeur" that the followers of Islam have of controlling the world and force all to bow to Allah, and that they will stop ate no means for this to happen...THAT I KNOW its true. My own country had hundreds of years of muslem invasio...it took us forever to get them out, and still today there are plenty of "memories", even in the language, arquitecture, names of places, ect.

Thats was not made up by anyone, not Bushes or Clintons or Medias... nope...that one I KNOW its true. And every couple of years they try again... this time they have the right kind of weapons...and yes...of course i know who sold them, and who has been selling them for the past 30 years...

How?

with her birth registration and the fact that she has no weddings registered with the State. Everytime someone gets married there are some papers to fill, you know that. so if she has none of those, she is single.

Of course she could have married at the "Flower Power " camp, but that would not be a legal marriage without the paperwork, so legally it would not count as one.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by BaastetNoir] edited because it was messy

[edit on 10-2-2006 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"Probably true, although I'm only about 65 % sure of that."

What the hell is wrong with you? 3,000 people died including my aunt and uncle and you are saying that you are only 65% that there was a terrorist attack.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14

What the hell is wrong with you? 3,000 people died including my aunt and uncle and you are saying that you are only 65% that there was a terrorist attack.

Humans are by nature...well, stupid. Humans have to be taught otherwise.

There have been terrorist attacks since...who knows...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I can tell you, we had two Hezbollah
bombings in the 90's here in Argentina on the
Jewish Embassy and a Jewish community building
120 people killed in total.
We didn't see them coming at all. Totally out of the blue

So who knows if the attack on the west coast was real or not?
Better be safe than sorry

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
"There is no act, however virtuous, for which ingenuity may not find some bad motive."
Thomas Jefferson. Wise guy he was

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Vladtepes]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14

What's wrong with you? For one thing, this is a conspiracy site, and for another, 9/11 was and still is an extremely controversial event. There is an increasing body of concerned citizens who believe that US factions were primarily behind 9/11 to instigate war in the Mid-East, and not some rogue terrorists from caves in a far-away nation that hate our freedom or some other b.s. like that.

I share the same feelings as BH on terrorism in America. The vast majority of attacks, or at least the vast majority of all of the attacks we hear or see on the news, are most likely staged, in my opinion, to continue our country on the track towards fascism (if it isn't already there).

I know it'll probably sound crazy to you, but what can you do? Laugh it off or mock it probably, but not much else.

Try to come up with evidence of foreign involvement in most of our "terrorist" incidents. Try even linking Bin Laden to 9/11 with hard evidence. It can't be done; there is no such evidence. There's more circumstantial evidence, and there are more reasonable motives, for our own government to be doing these things, and not a bunch of far-away crazy people that just really hate us.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by bsbray11]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join