It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Al Qaeda attack on West Coast thwarted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobular

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There are 191 OTHER countries to go live in ... pick one.

Hey dude, ....I'd rather deal with white trash.

Just FYI - I'm a girl. Dudette would fit better.

You'd rather deal with this 'white trash'?
Then quit mass insulting the people in this country.
There are 191 other countries out there.
You should spend some time with THEM
before you trash us. Spend time with
their legal system, their governements,
their propagandas, their way of life ....
then come back and TRY to complain about
us 'stupid white trash people'.

ON TOPIC - the FACT is that the science of statistics tell us
that there HAVE TO BE attacks that have been stopped.
Not every attack that is planned will make it to fruitation.
If you don't believe that attacks have been stopped then
you are saying that the terrorists have a 100% chance of
achieving their terrorist goals, and considering the
rhetoric that comes out of their mouths about destroying
America .... that doesn't make sense, does it.

There have been terrorist attacks and plans not only during
the Bush years, but also during the Clinton years. This is
NOT something new to this administration. We are only
more aware of it because 9/11 woke SOME OF US up.
Obviously, from the postings we've seen here, not all of
us have woken up to the reality of terrorism.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Well, forgotten by some. Just four days later, Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed began drawing up plans on Yousef's laptop for an operation they code-named "Bojinka." It was an incredibly ambitious plot, parts of which would eventually be implemented on September 11, 2001.

www....-------------------------/library/crime/terrorism/terror-tactics/kamikaze-jet-hijacking

Operation Bojinka was a planned series of terrorist attack schedules for January of 1995. The plot involved three separate elements:

* The assassination of Pope John Paul II during a visit to the Phillipines on January 15.
* The bombing of eleven airliners on January 21 and 22.
* The flying of a Cessna filled with explosives into CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

'Operation Bojinka' often refers only the most deadly element of the plot -- the plan to destroy jumbo jets in mid flight. All of the targeted flights were trans-oceanic routes between east Asia and the United States. All had two legs, and the plan involved placing bombs aboard the planes on the first legs, and then detonating them on their second legs.

911review.com...

This was a well known plot that was in the news for awhile after it was discovered. Anyone who was paying attention then knew about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What was this i heard that he called the building, the "Liberty" building, when in fact it was the "Library " building?

I know, its that darn Texas drawl...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
He is so full of hokey It makes me sick. What kind of crap is he willing to do to get someone to like him. This country is on such a downwared spiral because of him and his people.

Oh lets make up some crap so maybe somebody will like me andmy wars!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Being new to this site and former member of the American White Trash Society I have to think that there is truth to the presidents claims. I did say SOME truth. I can unerstand that there is a possibility that the truth was stretched, and that these thwarted attempts were kept on the back burner until the prez's approval rating went down and/or they needed them to drive home a point(domestic spying).

I may be gullable, but am I to believe that no one has tried to attack us since 9/11? Of course they have, we just don't know everything.

However, I do also think that the timing of these released attempts is suspicious and that there are undertones of "cause" to attack other countries.

Is it possible, that as someone stated in a previous post, that agencies other than the presidency are pulling the strings and he is just a puppet? Maybe soon documents will be released saying that in these thwarted attempts the alleged terrorists were trained in Iran or Syria? Just a thought.

FYI:I know I'm new here so just to let people know, I have no political association or agenda. I'm for a strong and secure USA using whatever means necessary and whatever political party necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Maybe you can tell us where you got your info?
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Then add these:

•Stopped cold the ability for people to disseminate fact from fiction.
•Stopped cold the logic to question statements with no proof.
•Stopped cold the sanity by believing habitual liars at their words.
•Stopped cold the opposition in monitoring and spying on all citizens.
•Stopped cold the term "Deny Ignorance".

Good job for PR and psyops, can fool and freak some of us still.

Oooopsy...

Silly me *innocent look*

I forgot to add, all that I wrote was reported and done BEFORE Bush was in office

lol, The level of sheer hypocrisy on this site knows no bounds. Why didn't all this yip yap about terrorism and terrorists not exsisting come up in previous administrations?

(sources = various....a certain former president's book and interviews are good places to start to confirm this)

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm a So California native and what scares me is that people actually fall for these storys,I think they have instilled the fear into people and they are afraid of hearing the truth,ones that really scare me are people in labor unions,for one they tend to be less educated and are used to having someone dictate their lives for them,a mojority of them could care lees as long as they are fat and happy,rather than see we are on the brink of the demise of the US as we know it

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi just want to say I'm new to ATS,learning the ropes here,as to a few of you who asked for replys evidently I have to earn points,I look forward to being a member,as I am anfd have been very skeptical of everything,I'm glad to see there are others who are open minded and don't believe things at face value,I am from family of Masons and family of government agents,I feel at home here

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just in Time to Approve the New Budget!

See? Homeland Security WORKS!

Several Terrorists Attacks were Prevented!

And what about those Nerve attacks on US Senator Offices?

Perfect Timing!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And what about those Nerve attacks on US Senator Offices?

Funny; they still have not blamed a patsie for the letters with American military grade anthrax in them that where mailed out. Must have been Iran

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
lol, The level of sheer hypocrisy on this site knows no bounds. Why didn't all this yip yap about terrorism and terrorists not exsisting come up in previous administrations?

Change the names and the faces. The facade never ended.

Huns, japs, krauts, gooks, terrorists....every generation has its own boogiemen to help propogate fear and feed the miltary industrial complex.

Joke is on us.... so who's really laughing?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Change the names and the faces. The facade never ended.

Joke is on us.... so who's really laughing?

Funny you should mention that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
While I am inclined to agree with that point, the rest of the world seems to think that Uncle Sam has gone too far this time.

Where are our unconditional allies? We have always had bad-guys to contend with, yes...but we also used to have lots of friends, and they seem to be dwindling. Am I correct in assuming our popularity level is at an all time low since WWII?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread is...Amazing. So many of you have posted, as fact, articles from very disreputable sources such as Pravda, and accepted what you were told without question. Now, when something comes out that doesn't fit your ideology or agenda, it's dismissed as lies immediately, starting with the first response 18 minutes after the thread was started.

The response hasn't been that we need to look into it more before accepting what is being told. I can understand that, my own personal biases cause me to be more accepting of possibly questionable stories when they fit with what I'd like to believe. That doesn't mean I dismiss things I'd rather not believe as lies as soon as I read them. I don't know if you're doing this intentionally, or if you just fail to recognize your overt biases, but if you don't think you're being biased in the immediate dismissal of this within a day of it being spoken of, you might want to reread this site's motto. It's in the upper left hand corner of your screen.

Thanks for the great character study into many of your personalities. It makes a fascinating read.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, once i am such a dumb person, because i am not an "enlightened" liberal, and a Hyesterical Bush Basher... i have a question, and i will wait and sit back untill one of my amazing ATS neigbhoors answers, and bring light to this litle pea brain of mine

Where is the proof that there were no plans for an attack, wheather in the West Coast, West Coas, or the Coast Coast ?

I would like someone to SHOW ME PROOF, not rambling, whinning or babbling about "conspiracies", but PROOF that there were no plans for attacks ?

and now i'll just atke a sit and wait forever....

P.S. - As i scrolled thro this thread I saw several out of topic replies, but maybe becasue they were donne by the "cool ATS members" no warnings were given... somehow I'm not surpised.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks JJ...touching really.

We dont need to prove they werent planned. The proof that they werent planned is provided by the fact that we see no proof that they were. I am completely on the fence, but to expect proof of something that didnt happen...pretty silly. Matter of fact...its not just silly, but impossible.

And I am obviously not one of the "cool ATSers" or whatever. I get warned and docked points every time I fart in the presence of my 'puter.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
The proof that they werent planned is provided by the
fact that we see no proof that they were.

The US government CAN NOT give details of it's intelligence
gathering. There are operators in the field who would be
in jeapordy if information came out. There are systems of
intelligence gathering in place and if details leaked out
then those systems would be shut down.

Remember when we were on UBL's trail? We were following
him via cell phone activity. Unfortunately it leaked out that
we were and so he got off his cell phones. The lead was
lost because information was given out to the public.

DaFunk .. I fully understand not trusting politicians. However,
statistical science tells us that there MUST be attacks that have
been stopped. National Security history shows us that there are
many times when telling facts behind the security statement is
bad for our further security.

It comes down to either believing that there have been attacks
being planned that have been stopped, or not believing. And
the split will go down party lines I'm sure.

Just don't buy into the radical left mantra that says there is
no terrorism. It's alive and thriving ... as 9/11, 7.7, Bali, the
'Shoe Bomber', and all the other deadly terrorist situations
have reminded us.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Down girl...

I said I am on the fence. I am sure we have thwarted attacks. Hell, I hope we are, else maybe they are planning something huge. I dont have an opinion as to whether this particular case is fact or not. Like you said, I just dont trust politicians, and I sure dont trust a bunch of conspiracy nuts on the net.

I simply said that providing proof that something didnt happen is a silly request.

The sad truth is that we will probably never know. Just like we will never know how 9/11 REALLY happened. We can add it to the bin with Kennedys assasination, Roswell, and all the other crap we argue about.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Okay, this thread has gotten almost 100 replies and reading it is see a lot of Bush and Clinton politics and only a little talk of the war on terrorism. Has anyone bothered to read Intrepid's link??

Originally posted by intrepid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please, post some material that makes me think this thread should stay in WOT.
Otherwise, on it's current course, it will be in PTS later today.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Well, once i am such a dumb person, because i am not an "enlightened" liberal, and a Hyesterical Bush Basher... i have a question, and i will wait and sit back untill one of my amazing ATS neigbhoors answers, and bring light to this litle pea brain of mine

Where is the proof that there were no plans for an attack, wheather in the West Coast, West Coas, or the Coast Coast ?

I would like someone to SHOW ME PROOF, not rambling, whinning or babbling about "conspiracies", but PROOF that there were no plans for attacks ?

Quoting myself, how humble of me

Lets NOT forget my questiooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join