It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Al Qaeda attack on West Coast thwarted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
From speech today (2-9-06)

CNN Link

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So they say...

Be very afraid...we still have lots of wars to start

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There is no need to be afraid, and this shows that interdepartmental cooperation, international cooperation and everything that the DHS, NSA, CIA and FBI are doing to protect us is working.

As stated in the article, they have reffered to at least 10 AQ attacks that have been prevented on US soil. Richard Reed makes these scenarios very plausible, and now we know what the shoe bombs were for if you read the article. I always wondered how one man with some C-4 in his shoe would bring down a plane, and now i see it was for accessing the cockpit.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
There is no need to be afraid, and this shows that interdepartmental cooperation, international cooperation and everything that the DHS, NSA, CIA and FBI are doing to protect us is working.

Well Great, I feel a lot better now. And I could feel even better if this current administration had a better record of telling the truth.

I think the gop think tanks and the neo-cons know how to manipulate the American people like marionettes. Dance, puppet dance.
It's going to take more than empty rhetoric and platitudes to change my mind. Something like securing the borders and ports might be a place to start!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
All this shows is that the president can (with the help of his aides and training wheels) make up a good story to let out into the public to scare them into acceptance of his little eavesdropping program, which he's being constantly hounded about by those few brave souls in Congress left with an ounce of integrity.

There is every reason to be afraid. The threat doesn't come from some made-up boogie man, or the Al boogie.

I don't comprehend how people just willingly believe this crap about 10 Al Boogie attacks with NO evidence, NO documentation, NO support from others in the government and NO coverage of it at the time, and they believe it just because Bush, a KNOWN liar, said it.

As stated in the article, they have reffered to at least 10 AQ attacks that have been prevented on US soil.

They did NOT say that. Read it again. Think about why he's revealing this 'information' now.

From the original link:

Bush has referred to the 2002 plot before. In an address last October, he said the United States and its allies had foiled at least 10 serious plots by the al Qaeda terror network in the last four years, including plans for September 11-like attacks on both U.S. coasts.

Why is this the first time I've heard of these 10 serious plots? Because BushCo NEEDS us to hear it. His illegal wiretapping program depends on it!

CX

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Also, with whats supposedly planned for March time in Iran, they hope this will get the american people to support the next move. Soften them up and make everyone oh so glad for the "supposed" long gone threat that they thwarted.

Surely they can't seriously think that US citizens are'nt going to sniff this one out?

CX.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by CX]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Surely they can't seriously think that US citizens are'nt going to siff this one out?

CX.

Look around. People are lapping this crap up like Kool-aid! It's a real Bush-boost!

The timing alone should show people what's up! What happened to skeptical minds!?

Bah!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
BH,

This was revealed in a speech last year, and the news media reported it. There was an iplot in the NW ,also one at LAX and a terror cell in buffalo. I remember reading it in the mainstream and alternative media. The media was pissed because they would not give more details. If you choose not to believe that there are no terror cells, and that terrorism is a figment of the imagination, that is your right as a person but slightly diluted. I wish I could live in a fairy tale.

Common sense lets you know that if you prevent something, or someone is arrested, you try to get that person to 'flip' on others. It would be stupidity to reveal every arrest that may warn other people that the trail to them is short.

It states that the US and allies have prevented the attacks, 10 in all. It does not actually state where, but at least 2 9/11 style in the US. Where is the threat coming from if not Al-qeada?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is entirely probable. Wasn't it during the Clinton years
that an attack in the Pacific was stopped? Something like
12 airplanes were going to be hijacked and dumped into
the ocean all at once?

These type of planed attacks have been going on for at least a decade.
They have been uncovered in the previous administration as
well as this one.

It is highly likely that this is a true statement.

[edit on 2/9/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
let me guess...the terrorists were supported by Syria and mmmm...hummmm...lets see...Iran?

what do I win?

another war?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I wish I could live in a fairy tale.

And *poof* your wish was granted!

(Sorry, I know that was a bit low, but I couldn't resist it.)

Where is the threat coming from if not Al-qeada?

Do you really want my opinion on that? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The White House initially would not give details of the plots but later released a fact sheet with a brief, and vague, description of each.

I would REALLY like to see that fact sheet!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I would REALLY like to see that fact sheet!

Your wish is my command.

It's Officially Released! It must be true! They said it's true! OK, shut up, BH!

Vague and Brief 'Fact' Sheet

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So, are you saying that those were not threats? Give you opinion instead of granting wishes.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh come on people, you can't really be buying into this crap!!

FEAR THE BOOGIE MEN FROM THE EAST!!!

They even include the "NSA eavesdropping" section at the end of the article, just to make sure that all the dumb sheeple will make the connection between terrorist plots and domestic spying. Which btw Bush is out promoting to the world right now. So he rehashes some old scare tactics as usual and again uses the "trust me" approach rather than actually having evidence to support the claims.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow...
Silly me for thinking we had more intelligent people here on ATS.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Bush and his people. Attacks are thwarted ALL THE TIME. Just because it's not reported every single time doesn't mean it isn't happening. There were attacks thwarted here and overseas before Bush, there will be attacks thwarted here and overseas after Bush. Clinton was in office for 8 years as well so I'm pretty sure the numbers then are similar to Bush's. Probably lower since more money and efforts were put into place after 9/11.
You think the first WTC bombing, the Embassy towers, and the USS Cole attack were the only terrorist plots during the Clinton years?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The weakling responses in here berating our Good president are a sight to behold.

It looks to me like our intell boys did a fine job and maybe saved alot of lives, but that doesn't stop the Bush-Bashers from spewing their garbage and lies.

God Bless GWB and Thank God our boys in intell stopped these upcoming attacks on our soil.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So, are you saying that those were not threats?

Yes. I'm saying that my opinion is that those 'threats' (or the bulk of them) were most likely fabricated by the authors to make it look like we're being protected. And I'm saying that looking at the timing of the 'news' story that caused this thread, it is most likely to support GWB's wiretapping program and the upcoming actual attack as 'the one that got away'. As in. "Hey, we stopped 10, we can't stop them all"! And furthermore, I'm saying that it is my opinion that the upcoming attack will NOT be from Al Boogie, but will be a false flag operation and will be blamed on ... wait for it ... IRAN!

I could be wrong, but this is what I'm saying, yes.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I also think that these thwarted attacks, if genuine, are instigated by your blessed GWB and his policies.

Jealous of our freedom...I cant believe you bought that excuse...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
wheres the proof ??? it's all a load of Bush crap,

Polls Show Many Americans Are Simply Dumber Than Bush By Paul Craig Roberts

Two recent polls, a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll and a New York Times/CBS News poll, indicate why Bush is getting away with impeachable offenses. Half of the US population is incapable of acquiring, processing and understanding information.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join