It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that are very vivid, but ya can't remember!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My father died in 1991(april, week after Easter). I was 21 at the time. I have only dreamed of my Dad twice, and last night is the second dream.

When Dad died, my boyfriend that I had dated for 6 years drove the family car. This was someone who was very close with my family. Dad had liked him very much, apart from thinking he needed to go the the military to find himself(he thought the same of me too, so...) Needless to say, my boyfriend was someone who was cared about by the whole family

A few months after Dad died, I had a dream where Dad was crying and very upset. All he could say was "Get away from him, he is not good for you, you don't need to be with him" ect; and so on. I found that to be just a weird dream and put it to the back of my mind. A couple months later, my boyfriend's *girlfriend* called. So, the dream then made sense. It turns out he had been cheating on me for a year. Long before Dad had died.

Obviously, that dream I remember. I am quite certain Dad was worrying about me and trying to help me

My dream last night I can't remember all of it. Dad was at my house, at the base of my stairs and he was dressed in a suit. He looked really good. Younger and very healthy. I said "Dad! What are you doing here??" He said he was back. I wasn't creeped out or scared, I just remember trying to figure out how he was dead and there too. Of course, as dreams go, things weren't "right". It was my house, but things were not as they are. My bedroom was actually my Mom's and I was going to move upstairs to what is my daughter's room, so Mom and Dad could have the master bedroom. You know, the weirdness of dreams.

The difference, in this dream he was very happy. I can't remember why. I am trying to remember what he said to me. I *think* it was that all is good now and he was happy for me. I can't remember. I do remember feeling like more a child again than an adult.

I know this makes no sense. I think I am trying to type this out to recount it and find its meaning. Maybe he was trying to tell me my life is good enough he can now move on?? Honestly, I don't know. It was just a dream but had that same feel the one 15 years ago had.

I do believe Dad has hung around me and my kids. I have seen a man on my stairs more than once. I have heard a man talking in my kids's room when they were infants. My son even told me when he was three that my dad was his friend and talks to him when he saw a photo.

This has me just scratching my head. I may be falsely jumping to grabbing at straws. Just weird as this is not the kind of dream I have often

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hi llpoolej:

I do believe that dreams are very significant- but its hard at times to decipher personal dream symbolism ( for instance: I dreamt my sister was ingulfed in flames and found out later that she had relapsed with drugs
) Now I know if I dream that someone is on fire, chances are there is SOMETHING bad going on with them, naturally. As for your dreams about your dad, it seems like they are pretty accurate. Your Dad warns you about the boyfriend and you soon after find out about the cheating ( F---er! Men who cheat need to be bobbed!)
So in this new dream it sounds like he visited you to let you know that he is proud of you becuase you have so many great things in your life and family to be thankful for? I think that its Beautiful and comforting to know that your father is looking out for you and your children!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That boyfriend cheating on me was the best thing that ever happened to me! I thanked his "girlfriend"(who I later found out was married at that time!) and told her she could have him. We were not really compatible, but just couldn't seem to seperate all the way. It was a good way to break off for good!

Anyhow, I just wish I could remember what it was Dad had said to me. It was a positive message this time. I just can't remember it!!! I hate remembering only negative stuff.

Yes, dreams are weird in their symbolism. I just feel like I need to "get" this one

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I know I am replying to myself, but, I am really puzzled by this. I had a dream with Dad in it again. Dad has only been in my dreams once before and that was 15 years ago.

Last night he wasn't the central figure. There was a man in there chasing me and he was nuts. He was going to kill me and a child if he could. It was your typical bizzaro doesn't make sense dream

At the last part of it, I was getting into a pearl colored Lincoln Navigator(my husband manages a lincoln store) and Dad was in the driver's seat. I was expecting to drive and he told me NO, he was driving(no way would Dad have let anyone drive when he was alive)

At that point something woke me up. I thought I heard the kids upstairs but they were asleep. Something woke me straight out of a dead sleep though. My husband got up a minute or two later for his late night snack.

I swear there is a message here that I am too thick to get. Why am I dreaming of my Dad after all this time??

top topics

join