It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to 'War with China'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Last time I was on here many US posters were convinced that war between US & China was inevitable and would happen soon.

Now it's Iran and 'it's gonna happen soon'.

What happened to the China 'threat'?

Also is the US now in a perpetual state of war/war preparation?

I'm beginning to wonder if war and the threat of war is an fundamental part of US pschye and/or US domestic population management.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Don't you worry.

Attack Iran and your war with China (and probably Venezuela who have an alliance with Iran) will come thereafter.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by uknumpty]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Doh!

Check my profile!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A majority of these very same posters have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

This war-mentality people exibit is just american kids patting each other on the backs. No one with any voice of reason or intellect wants to see any more conflict. I implore you to take these people with a grain of salt.

It is seeming to be a method of "population control" as you put it. If everyone spends their lives worrying about the next big threat...the next big attack, they can justify another invasion with their conscience.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
First, the bad mouth / Slash talking between Taiwan and China has cooled over the past few weeks.

I don't know if the US told Taiwan to cool it for now or what, but the talk of independance has cooled and so has the war drums over Taiwan, plus China has had some really bad press over the last few months in regard to enviromental issues and human rights so I think they are trying to stay under the worlds radar screen at least for now.

Second, the Iran nuclear problem has come front and center on the world stage.

Both Russia and China have agreed (at least in public) that Iran must conform to the United Nations rules on Atomic energy.

And the UN, led by the EU is ready to take on Iran over the nuclear weapons issue.

And I think both Russia and China realize that they will be backing a lost cause if they side with Iran, so at least for now the China / Taiwan issue has cooled.

Mark my word, as soon as the Iran war starts to get hot and attack is inevitable, China, North Korea, Hugo Chaves, Castro will all start beating the drums of war, talk of invasion of So Korea or Taiwan will heat up just like before the last Gulf War, I will bet money on that.

And please I mean no disrespect to the people of Iran, but if their leaders don't change the course they are on they are headed for trouble and I fear the common man and women in Iran will suffer the most by the actions of their leaders.

Iran has one of the largest oil supplies in the world, why do they need atomic energy in Iran ?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
US found out there chances with China and Taiwan aren't too great, so they changed the issue to Iran

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Russia, China, Iran, North korea, and Syria want the US to be taken out of their position by threat.

The Russians have been fighting a proxy war with the US through the Islam Wahabi terrorists since about 1994 and will continue to do so.
Think Korean War and Vietnam war where US pilots often heard Russian being spoken in the Vietnamese radios. You just keep direct involvement out of the public eye. However, Russia and Chinas military cooperation are still in the early stages with the war games jointly executed last August 2005.

So, if you are Russia and China and you have to repel the US's military advancement around the world, you can fight them yourselves and risk great losses to your own countries.......OR.......

You can put the pit bull (Iran with its mad dog president and Islamic terror) in front of you and let him weaken the US while you deny any involvement.
You get more time to bolster your forces and the US gets weakened for you. Why do you as Russia and China care if Iran is destroyed in the process? It makes it easier for you to take that land after you have dealt with the US in its weakened condition.

Once we saw the rise of the Iranian president who was soooo willing to be a maniac, we know that Russia and China could back off, support behind the scenes, keep their own military buildup out of the public eye, and weaken the US. It is better for Russia and China to keep a low profile for now to be better prepared for later.

That's my take on it.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Perhaps people remembered that China and the US are massive trade partners. The trade going on is worth many billions of dollars every year.

Going to war with your largest tarde partner is just not good business

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Perhaps people remembered that China and the US are massive trade partners. The trade going on is worth many billions of dollars every year.

Going to war with your largest tarde partner is just not good business

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

Hi Shadow,

I understand what you're saying. That's true. However, In the battle with Russia and China, America will not be the aggressor. We are the ones who will be attacked after the US is weakened by terrorism. China will not perceive much of a choice. The glaciers that feed their western rivers are melting at a high rate and that will leave much of the internal lands of China inhabitable or marginally so and they will have to grab more land and resources or many of their people won't survive. So, they will be faced with letting their people die with no chance or going to war to grab someone else's resources and land and have a chance.

When it gets to this point, look out!!! No one will care who is a great trade partner.

Russia's happy to help. China is the money part and Russia is the weapons part of their team. Russia's "fall of communism" is just a reorganization and temporary stand-down under the same goals they have always had. They will engage in the war with the US that they always deemed inevitable when the US has been sufficiently weakened.

Mark my words...Russia and China will attack us together as the head of a coalition that includes other countries including several arab countries.

And we are playing into their hands, allowing our forces to be over-stretched (regardless of what Rumsfeld says) in middle eastern wars while the Chinese and Russians bide their time looking for an opportunity.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There is a history of countries around the world manufacturing or magniying the appearance of a threat in order to implement the changes they want in society. Here's a small list:

USS Maine - Spanish American War
Reichstag Fire 1933 - Nazi Regime & Holocaust
Bait the Japanesse into Pearl Harbor 1941 - WWII
Gulf of Tonkin 1964 - Vietnam War
9/11/01 - Afghanistan and Iraq War

The basics of Marketing is to present a problem in such a way that it allows
you to sell the solution you want.

You want to put a lot more tracking/control of people that have guns? Well, you can't take away their civil liberties unless it is a very good reason.
There is no greater opportunity to clamp down on freedom in society than from the threat of an infiltrated enemy among us. There are no "fronts",
no battle lines as in WWII and previous. So, you have to put controls and shackles on everyone. That's what they wanted in the first place and these "attacks" and wars are going to give it to the politicians with willing hands, being too afraid of more attacks to do anything else.

Notice that once the security apparatus was built in countries in the past, it was a simple matter to turn that weapon on your own people. But, first, you need a good excuse in the public eye to build that weapon in the first place. That is why you are seeing war as part of the american psyche.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by managerie]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thats a frightening prophesy managerie.

Frightening because it rings so true. Should I move to Venezuela yet?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
China, Russia, and Middle Eastern countries will be allied against the US, Israel, and Zionists.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
salute to you freaking kids.

can you tell which country is still safe, so I can move to there, hopefully not Antarctica.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It died down when Bush said he respects chinese policy towards taiwan. So plus China would kick are ass 1 billion people and they could easily have the biggest army if they had a draft. But yea war with china would be pretty retarded IMHO.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
China and Russia are openly sticking up for Iran on the nuclear issue, in case you haven't heard. We're not talking Y2K, here.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by pdo3]

new topics

top topics

join