It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown threatens Bush Administration???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ex-FEMA chief: I may tell all about Katrina

Former disaster agency chief Michael Brown is indicating he is ready to reveal his correspondence with President Bush and other officials during Hurricane Katrina unless the White House forbids it and offers legal support.

In a February 6 letter to White House counsel Harriet Miers, Brown's lawyer wrote that Brown continues to respect Bush and his "presidential prerogative" to get candid and confidential advice from top aides.

The letter from Andrew W. Lester also says Brown no longer can rely on being included in that protection because he is a private citizen.

"Unless there is specific direction otherwise from the president, including an assurance the president will provide a legal defense to Mr. Brown if he refuses to testify as to these matters, Mr. Brown will testify if asked about particular communications," the lawyer wrote.

More...

Well, well, well... Any guesses here on what will happen?

I particularly loved reading this:

Some administration officials have refused interviews by Senate investigators or have declined to answer even seemingly innocuous questions about times and dates of meetings and telephone calls with the White House.

What a surprise.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ex-FEMA Chief Blames DHS for Katrina

Decisions and policies by the parent Department of Homeland Security doomed FEMA to "a path to failure" that led to the government's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, former disaster chief Michael Brown said Friday...

"There was a cultural clash that didn't recognize the absolute inherent science of preparing for a disaster," he told the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee. "Any time you break that cycle ... you're doomed to failure..."

I particularly like this part of the article:

Brown's appearance in front of the Senate investigative panel came as new documents reveal that 28 federal, state and local agencies _ including the White House _ reported levee failures on Aug. 29, according to a timeline of e-mails, situation updates and weather reports.

That litany was at odds with the administration's contention that it didn't know the extent of the problem until much later. At the time, President Bush said, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

What a liar... :shk: I trust NOTHING this President says.

How is it that anyone can?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
He's testafying, without the priviledge of exucutive priveledge being invoked...

both him and tha chairman of the commitee contacted the White asking them to invoke the priviledge if he wished, and well, they failed to do this...
neither the senate or Brown have the authority to invoke it, so, well, Brown's answering the questions, ALL of the questions....

guess the white house at the moment is being hit by too many directions at once, their legal dept. just didn't have time.....?????

join