It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Bakri: Mohammed cartoonist to be executed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
What do you call an Islamic state?
The reason that I throw this out is that there has been much ado in the news of late of the huge Muslim population explosion in various European countries. Look at the woes that France has been suffering in the recent weeks.
Going that most of the nations that have been experiencing the growth of the Muslim population are of a democratic goverment, the Muslims can and will prove to become a strong voice in how those goverments are ran as well as what laws are put into place.

By Islamic state I mean a state under Islamic rule i.e. Iran/Palestine/syria/saudi not a state with just a muslim political movement.

Here in England we have the muslim council of Great Britain That does not make England/uk an Islamic state.
I agree the Muslim political wing is growing but it would not beat the traditional parties in an election.Same goes for a Christian or Jewish party.

Anyway I feel I'm getting off the thread subject here for that I apolagise ,On with the thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Did Austria issue a religious edict that all Austrians must strive to kill this person? Are mobs burning the embassies of the country where this person resides?

No all they did was impose their laws on foreign nationals. That was all they needed to do as Austria is one of the "civilized" "modern" nations.
Again where is the difference though? We are ridiculing the Muslims because they are calling on the world to turn these cartoonists over to them to be tried and sentenced under Muslim Laws ( defacing Muhhamad penalty is death). Yet we applaud and allow someone who expouses an unpopular opinion (by western standards) to be tried and convicted of crimes in countries where such an unpopular opinion is against the law.

It is bad that there are violent protests but this is the norm for that part of the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In the UK we pretect people who should be extradited and deported from the UK rather than face the death sentence like Abu Hamza. Are we missing some sort of double standards? Do they now want to kill these cartoonists over someone who has more evidence of being a war mongerer than a messenger. Europe is now weak we have taken Jesus out as our defence slaughted his people th Jews and let their enemies through instead. Reap what you sow, I blame Humnist error for letting satanic rules take over.

There is no compromise beween our ways and theirs, no relative thinking we help you in this way but you do the same. Its all one avenue for the Muslims you can't get in you can't get out or once you are in you are held prisoner of thought we can't even evangelise in Iran you will be arrested along with the family. Its very cult like in its nature as we have seen in the past with suicide packs.

Just to add a point the Anti-Christ will need people to be beheaded if they do not submit to the taking of the mark of the beast. Only one culture like the sword of execusion these days. Its coming prophecy will be fullfilled.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
News on this:

220 pounds of Gold to the person who kills those responsible for the cartoons.

Khale ejtimes.com

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - One hundred militants have enlisted to become suicide bombers in Afghanistan since the appearance of “blasphemous” cartoons of Prophet Mohammad, a top Taleban commander said on Thursday.

Mullah Dadullah, one of the Taleban’s most senior military commanders, said his Islamic militant group had also offered a reward of 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of gold to anyone who killed people responsible for the drawings.

“More than 100 mujahedin (holy warriors) have enlisted to carry out suicide attacks,” the fugitive Dadullah told AFP by telephone from an unknown location.

Things are heating up.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Someone should offer 440 pounds in gold to protect this guy.
220 pounds of gold to kill the guy amounts to a hit.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
We are ridiculing the Muslims because they are calling on the world to turn these cartoonists over to them to be tried and sentenced under Muslim Laws ( defacing Muhhamad penalty is death).

Kenshiro, you got the legalities wrong. If a Japanese person commits a crime in the US, he/she will be tried under American law, and vice versa. Proselytizing Christianity is punishable by death in some parts of the world. But it would be ridiculous to extradite a German pastor to such country for execution.

The idea that somebody declares a person should die in a different jurisdiction, because they didn't comply with a law of a remote country, if both laughable and dangerous, and essentially represents the center of controversy over these cartoons.

Let us do what we please here in the West. We don't like many things that happen in the Muslim countries, but nobody calls for punishment of somebody over a cartoon offensive to Christians and such.

Like I said, the line is drawn.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Who do they think they are?! It is not there business to tell us what to do and how to deal with people. When will they learn to mind there own freaking business?!

Europe is NOT a Muslim country! Not to mention the fact that if someone were to make a cartoon about Christianity, they woulden't even get arrested. Putting anyone to death over a freaking cartoon is out of the question.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Taleban say 100 enlist for suicide attacks over cartoons

I see this as just a propaganda move on the part of al queda. First they insert phoney cartoons to enflame their followers and now this :shk:

It is very clear they are going to milk this for everything they can

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't post here often, but I just read the article mentioned by the OP.

Telegraph

He said if countries refused to put people on trial for insulting Mohammed they must "face the consequences".

This is getting very worrying.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is getting to sound like a bunch of propaganda that both sides are using to their own agenda's, how much of this is engineered as a pretext to invade Iran?

Seize the moment.

I read THIS, not that I believe it totally, but I can accept the possibility if history serve my suspicions.
This is as much psychological as it is fear mongering.
Both sides are using religion as a basis for conflict. As a non-religious person, I find this outright blasphemy, yes, on both sides.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this bakri radical at the most have a few follower les then 200-500 follower at the most in UK and thats out of millions of muslims why the hell is this guy getting so much air time and media time even the IRA who where running around the UK with pipe-bombs wearnt getting this much air time what a media joke this has become stick a crazy muslims on the air provoke or lead him with questions to make him say something extreme and then air it continusly as you main headline of the day for easy ratings. why dont they go and film National Front and skinheads in britian who beat/kill muslims/minorities on almost regular basis why the hell is this do nothing loud mouth getting so much attention when even crazy pipe bombers form IRA and violent NF skinheads dont even get this much time.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'am a muslim.

I feel as tho how they reacted is exactly how the west wanted to the world to see them as "violent terrorists" but really there just trying to boycott the comic to be reproduced all we really want is these disturbing and totally insulting pictures to be gone, and a apology. The part that pissed me off the most is that many newspapers reprinted the comic, even after they knew Islam will react angered. The west orchestrated this perfect tactic so the west supports the fact to infiltrate Iran. I personally think that they should stop the violent protests and justs ignore it so the west really understants who the real enemies is here.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Because of this wild reaction those pictures are now among the most famous pictures in the world. Better start to get used to them. Those pictures which were published September last year in a danish independent newspaper (once) are nothing compared to what will come. Don´t forget that the nastiest pictures of Muhammed were those which were fabricated by the danish imams (Abu Laban & Co). And Egypt printed the now famous pictures in a newspaper in October last year. Did something got lost in the translation?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here in New Zealand (yes, 2 newspapers printed the cartoon here)...
it seems to have been the complete opposite.

The Muslim community protested....yes. No violence as such, just protesting. The Muslim community and local representatives met....
came to some form of amiable agreement/acceptance and things seem to have moved on. No burning buildings or violence.

I felt it was important to say that not ALL the Muslims in the world are pro-violence.

Don't get me wrong.....I agree with almost every post in this thread and find the entire thing sickening and scary as hell. This thing is getting wayyyy outta control, too fast.

Its a shame not all the world can be so able to communicate and solve without violence.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How Dare You Defame Islam

Deja'vu Salman Rushdie.
Is there anything new about Omar Bakri's decree placed upon this cartoonist?

Thought not. Seems like another Religion of PEACE alert...

seekerof

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
100Kg of gold?

emm, hypotethicaly how could one claim this reward, would they bring it home, or would one have fetch it himself?
I could really use it.... living with a 100€/month study money..

Joking aside i feel that this whole thing has gone insane, and i'm waiting for the first scandinavs to get killed over this CARTOON (for #s sake), but if/when this happens i hope our governments have the balls to make them pay for it...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The stupid thing is that many countries allow these nutjobs to stay in (enter name of country) when they are often guests. Freedom to practice one reglion is one thing burning down bulidings and undermining society is another together. Anybody who riots , encourges acts of terrorism and other related activtys should be expelled from there adopted country.

I dont care if the people in question are refuges as an immigrant you have to intergrate into society or go back where you came from

top topics

<< 1   >>

join