It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Bakri: Mohammed cartoonist to be executed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So, non Muslims are now apparently bound by Islamic law. Looks like the radical Muslims have started to impose their rule over the world...Be careful what you say or write people, somebody far away with a different set of value's may be offended and issue a Fatwa on you...

Telegraph

Omar Bakri Mohammed, the radical Muslim cleric, has said the cartoonist behind caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed that have sparked outrage across the Arab world should be tried and executed under Islamic law.

The cleric said the cartoonist had insulted Islam and must pay the price, as three people were killed during protests against the cartoons in Afghanistan.

"The insult has been established now by everybody, Muslim and non-Muslim, and everybody condemns the cartoonist and condemns the cartoon," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Allahu Akbar!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So... he want to kill the cartoonist?

He doesn´t even know that the 12 cartoons were actually made by 12 different cartoonists. Or does he want to kill the person who fabricated the fake "pig snout" picture perhaps?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Since when did Islamic law govern Denmark?
As far as I know it doesn't so it's rules don't preside over the cartoonist,editor or anyone involved.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
When did non-Muslims fall under Islamic law? Let me see if I've got this right; according to this radical Islamic cleric he has the right to censor free press and our thoughts. Once again where are the moderate Muslims, it's getting harder and harder to defend them. Why aren't they speaking out? Is it fear that they will have a fatwa issued on them?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
where are the moderate Muslims, it's getting harder and harder to defend them. Why aren't they speaking out? Is it fear that they will have a fatwa issued on them?

Indeed.

Where ARE they? I keep hoping they will reign this thing in...but where are they?

Is this a media thing? Are they not getting the coverage they need???

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

When did non-Muslims fall under Islamic law?

That's a reality that's approaching quickly unless it's fought tooth-and-nail.

I think that Muslims view Europe as weak because it's been divided over military actions led by the U.S., but I also think that's a wrong assessment. Europeans will fight to defend their secular free democracies against this evil.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is eeirly similar to S Rushdie and "The Satanic verses". After the publication of his book his life was threatened. Good thing he didn't include any cartoons.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

where are the moderate Muslims, it's getting harder and harder to defend them. Why aren't they speaking out? Is it fear that they will have a fatwa issued on them?

Indeed.

Where ARE they? I keep hoping they will reign this thing in...but where are they?

Is this a media thing? Are they not getting the coverage they need???
I think it's also a fear thing the radical's have no problem killing anyone who disagrees with them. Radicals remind me of a school yard bully but like any bully when stood up to will back down. Still it would be scary as h*** to have a fatwa issued on you.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Were there any riots over that book?? or is Muslim riots like mad animals a 21st century thing??

And yes WHEN DID THE WEST FALL UNDER Islamic LAW and ways that they LIVE???????? as i thought it was only ISlamic people that fell under that and WE the WEST are not Islamic.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You have to remember that Islam........is the religion of peace......

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hey guys, when an Islamic Radical is standing over you about to slit your throat, try explaining to him that he has made a mistake and you are not bound by Islamic law. I am certain he will listen to reason and let you go...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There are some, but they are few and far between, and usually powerless in the regions where it counts -- the Middle East. The authoritarian regimes that dominate that area thrive on hatred towards the West since it channels the discontentment of the people away from their own repressive governments and towards the West and Israel.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How is this different from other aspects of the laws in recent times?
Remember just a few months ago a Holocost Denier was arrested in Austria for making statements and publishing papers that denied the Holocost events. Nevermind that the Denier was not from Austria and nevermind that he was not in Austria at the time that he was tried (in-absentia). The denier was still held for breaking the laws of Austria even though he ws not in Austria at the time of his Law-breaking.
If we of the western world can allow this then why are we callining into question the Muslim's call for the trial / execution of people who break their laws?
Looks to me like it is a double standard.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
execute him, he cant draw squat, give the job to someone that can

link   
The difference is I don't think the cartoonist would be stupid enough to turn up in an Islamic run state. If he did then they might have a point.

link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
How is this different from other aspects of the laws in recent times?
Remember just a few months ago a Holocost Denier was arrested in Austria for making statements and publishing papers that denied the Holocost events. Nevermind that the Denier was not from Austria and nevermind that he was not in Austria at the time that he was tried (in-absentia).

Did Austria issue a religious edict that all Austrians must strive to kill this person? Are mobs burning the embassies of the country where this person resides?

[edit on 2/9/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe if the world stopped bending over backwards for the Islamic world then this sort of thing wouldn't continue to happen. It's the whole give them and inch, they take a mile scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What do you call an Islamic state?
The reason that I throw this out is that there has been much ado in the news of late of the huge Muslim population explosion in various European countries. Look at the woes that France has been suffering in the recent weeks.
Going that most of the nations that have been experiencing the growth of the Muslim population are of a democratic goverment, the Muslims can and will prove to become a strong voice in how those goverments are ran as well as what laws are put into place.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Odd… that persons dying while protesting ‘cartoons’ is considered an offense which requires this dire form of reciprocity…

By assigning guilt to one that is responsible for the ‘act’ that brought them together, (albeit incurring unfortunate demise), causing a need to fulfill a perceived spiritual or religious obligation, causes me to wonder who is blamed for deaths occurring each year during the Hajj?

Cartoons often make their point:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
The difference is I don't think the cartoonist would be stupid enough to turn up in an Islamic run state. If he did then they might have a point.

Youre kidding right? Ask Theo van Gogh if that strategy worked for him..Oh wait, you cant, he was killed by a radical Muslim near his home in Amsterdam

[edit on 9-2-2006 by skippytjc]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join