It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is God "love"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Can somebody please explain to me how God is love?

God created the universe. He gave life to all creatures in it. This includes humans, animals, plants, fungii, bacterea, viruses.

It is said a persons creation can reflect their personality.

Humans inflict the horriblest of tortures and evils upon one another. Nature is filled with some barbaric creatures that not only kill each other to survive, but need to kill and eat other animals to survive. Bacteria and viruses take over and destroy their hosts. The whole cycle of life is based on death.

The world is full of injustice. A murderer can take a life, but how can he ever recieve true justice for his actions? Theres no possible way to give the victim their life back. Life is short, yet it is filled with all manner of evils.

So, does this reflect God's personality? I think it does. Earth may be pretty on the surface, but once you get closer you see how ugly and vicious it can be.

People claim that the Quran and the Bible are written/inspired by God. These books are full of yet more rape, murder, destruction, pain, disease, evil inflicted on people just wanting to live their lives and refusing to follow a bloodthirsty warmongoring deity.

There is no way a loving God with a conscience could exist, and allow even one person to suffer with cancer, let alone 1/3 of the population. Alzheimers is one of the most evil forms of torture God inflicted on his creation. Then theres Downs, Parkinsons, Chrons, and so many other diseases they fill numerous books.

We are all suffering due to what 2 people did (so we are lead to beleive). How can this be loving? If this is a test, its a pretty damn evil and unfair test.

Beware of your God. He will turn on you when you least expect it.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Can somebody please explain to me how God is love?

Those who say "god is love" are not referring to some objectively real external being who created the universe. They are referring to love itself, which they consider the highest endeavor.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
God is Love.

You act through God, by being guided by Love.

To act by love, is to do Gods will.

In another thread you came across as a pessimist.

Be happy.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Beware of your God. He will turn on you when you least expect it. "

that's lovely. Another human without understanding. so what does the typical human do? rebel.

First of all, how did you get your love? How did anybody get their love?

So god created a poster called firefly and said.

" Be it done. I will create many beings better than me and infuse in them love, YET, I myself will be deprived of it "

It's ridiculous the way humans lack understanding today.

The bad things don't reflect Gods personality, they reflect lack of God in the soul and lack of grace.

As for diseases, they are probaby their because of mans sins, so God has a way of punishment. The earth acts according to mans rebellion. God like I said is a parent. He's not going to bless everything that rebels. Punishment will happen.

yet what's the worst thing that can happen?

death. everybody dies eventually. So the person who dies from a bacteria is no different than someone who goes in a car crash or the old lady from age.

That in itself isn't evil. Death isn't none love coming from God. The evil acts of man are from lack of God in the soul. lack of grace which comes back to the point of free will.

But to get back to that line of the week.

" God will turn on you "

This goes against everything good. God made me. Ok. I wouldn't turn my back on my people. I'm just a piece of garbage human. How much more God will love his people since he put that love in me?

God is more just than the most just judge on this earth. They make just judgements how come God doesn't?

See this is what the judgement seat is for. When God says it will be a day of justice he really means it because OPs like this. god will show everybody what grace is, that he's the only good one, and everyhting will be revealed.

And as for us paying for 2 people sinning.
becuase they were in paradise. They got cast out. Now us humans who came after them are not cast out because we have paradise living in us but we have to earn it.

It's called the holy ghost. So were aren't neccissarily paying. It's just that we know what sin is now.

as for.

" how can God allow someone to get cancer "

Why? I thought cancer was from abuse of the body in most cases. And what's the worst thing that can happen again? death. everyone dies.

so it's ridiculous to say getting cancer is wrong for God to allow. Death by cancer is not as bad as a numerous amout of other deaths but they are not blamed.

Suffering does good to the soul. It humbles it out. I know from experinece. So the side you don't see from people who get cancer God does and he uses that to prepare them for death which comes to everybody.

peace OP.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
OP i didn't mean to dig into you dude. But the last line.

" God will turn on you "

come on you could of did the OP more sincerily to those who love God.

peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
why do you care about how much evil is in the world?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Satan corrupted God's perfect world. There is soo much evil in the world because the father of evil has been sticking his fingers into it for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We have a limited wisdom of 'love'. Love....is a vibration...the most purest vibration of energy. When we humble ourselves, and see that our make up, our deepest core, is a vibration of love....we can then begin to see our most prime vision that is held for us as spiritual beings that have been offered this sphere. When one discovers this....they cant ever justify separation of our species any more. You hear their voice here even at ATS....they are the ones that see the light in the darkest of souls.

Everything holds a vibration....we are all a form of energy. Its not about 'loving' other things....but KNOWING you are a part of all things. Its when you are ready to face the unconditional connection that you are a part of.

And for those wanting to blame satan this and that for evil....your same book says that GOD THEESELF....creates good and evil....makes peace and brings darkness. It was later that the blame was placed elsewhere for 'evil'.

When you can see this world is as its meant to be, you can start to cherish the light and the shadows of your own self...for they both teach you and form you. You would learn nothing in a garden of only bliss. You are spiritual beings....and you are to learn....this world is no mistake and it offers everything God meant for it to offer.

OP....I hope you can look past the box that the books place God in. Everything has purpose for a higher reason...this is but a blink of the eye here....catalysts, oddly enough, make us weigh and measure things around us. This world is based on the law of cause and effect....it does have duality...but I believe it is meant to be this way...and not a mistake. Acceptance of what is can sometimes be hard. But I have been shown how much I have grown due to accepting and learning from bad times and bad things I have done. What would we learn if God kept intervening and saving the day? Well, that is, if we are really here to learn and not just be robots. We must learn WHY to be good to others, not just because someone says its the best way. We must experience things like regrets and guilt's...and in a world of bliss...we would not have these experiences that stretch our emotions and make us think about consequences and repercussions.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
" God creates good and evil "

It's out of context. By which you are implying that God instills evil in people. What the authors of the bible meant is that God creates souls that reject love than they turn evil.

God is only good. he puts grace in souls. without which the soul cannot love and is evil. It's lack of God in the soul.

So in other words he creates free choice to decide love or hate.

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" God creates good and evil "

It's out of context. By which you are implying that God instills evil in people. What the authors of the bible meant is that God creates souls that reject love than they turn evil.

God is only good. he puts grace in souls. without which the soul cannot love and is evil. It's lack of God in the soul.

So in other words he creates free choice to decide love or hate.

peace

God creates the possibility of dualities....so we can learn. Its not because God is evil....its because both experiences, good and bad, serve a purpose, in our learning, discerning, measuring, and weighing.

My point is, we dont experience 'bad' things because of a mistake...our experiences here, good and bad, serve a purpose.

When younger, we dont 'choose' to love and hate....we experience them both. I dont have a choice to NOT experience loss, sorrow, suffering....but I know they serve a purpose.

As I have grow up, I had to learn WHY to love and why to try to accept the things I feel I could hate. I dont just love because God tells me that is what I am to do...I seek understanding for the path that is over the path that is not.

The book is obviously mankind trying to figure out things, trying to find reason to our world and experiences.

I am not implying that God instills evil in people. But I am implying that this world was meant to be just as it is...for Gods plan for us. When blaming Satan, or Eve, or Adam....we are ignoring the opportunity for us to learn. There is no purpose for pure bliss....unless your a robot that has no need to learn.

I just think it is clear that God intended for the world to be as it is....I dont subject 'mistakes' to Gods plan.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
its better to say love is god, but not god is love.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

Very well said.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

God is love by that every single action he ever thinks or does is an act in love because he ALWAYS wants what is best. We are created in His image in that of mind, body, and spirit. Think when you want to express something what do you do? You think it(Father), you say it (Spirit), or you do it (Jesus). You have no clue about what the bible is about because it is about Jesus Christ, or to be less vague it is about GOD REDEEMING MAN.

The cycle of this earth as of now, is yes pretty much based on death but do you know not why that is? SIN, because sin is death unto itself. God didn't make us sin, even Satan didn't make us sin, Adam knowingly ate from the fruit after he had seen that Eve had sinned. What is death cannot have eternal life so instead of scrapping the entire creation, got gave us our wish if independance and gave us a scapegoat (for lack of a better means of trying to truly convey the gift and sacrifice that was given) being Christ whom paid the price for sin we all should/will and all we have to do to recieve that gift is give Him our love. Rejecting that gift is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

As much as I hate to say it, no disease is utterly unexpected. There is a spiritual issue before the physical manifestation takes place. Nice of you to point out tid-bits of the Bible you don't like - unfortunately I don't like them either - but they had to be done, because if there isn't one thing that God loves more than us, it is justice. Did He kill towns? Yes, guess what he even killed the ENTIRE WORLD (look it up, polystrata forests; the geological records support a world-wide flood about 4400 years ago) in a flood in which there were 8 survivors. Was that evil? Outside looking in, perhaps, but once you go in depth to see why in that the entire creation had become evil at heart (thus why creation isn't perfect anymore and we are shortened to 130 years tops), and the entire world completely rejected Him and His name. Seems pretty fair to me, seems like perhaps you ought to pick up the Bible a bit more and truly try to read it in context if your going to go out blatantly judging it online for browny points. Peace be with you man

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When younger, we dont 'choose' to love and hate....we experience them both. I dont have a choice to NOT experience loss, sorrow, suffering....but I know they serve a purpose "

exactly, because when the soul is young it hasn't reached understanding. Like my nephew and his sister. She throws pencils at his face for stealing his candy making him cry.

The soul at that age doesn't understand their lack of grace in the soul. They just act. Like you said as you get older you realize what grace is.

So I took you wrongly.

I thought you meant God puts evil in people.

peace

[edit on 29-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Btw leovirgo you're pretty deep. I like reading some of your post..

peace,

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Satan corrupted God's perfect world. There is soo much evil in the world because the father of evil has been sticking his fingers into it for thousands of years.

true but can you say maybe that evil is humanity????

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What is love? What is God? You can't say love is God without defining both. So please define both or I really don't know what you are saying.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How is god love? Well it makes a great distraction to take your mind off the fact that he routinely roasts the souls of those who cross him in hell for eternity no matter how negligible the offense.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Satan corrupted God's perfect world.

Wouldn't a "perfect world" be incorruptible? How could a "perfect world" be host to a being as imperfect as satan? How could the mere potential of failure exist in a "perfect world"?

It looks to me like that so-called perfect world never was perfect nor was it ever meant to be so. The world is just what it is, just what our loving god intended it to be when he designed it.

Atheist now accepts Intelligent Design

God's Cool Designs

God truly is love.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
How is god love? Well it makes a great distraction to take your mind off the fact that he routinely roasts the souls of those who cross him in hell for eternity no matter how negligible the offense.

This is exactly why we must discern. So many know in their deepest being that a higher power, holy and divine, would not work in such primal ways.

Sometimes, this causes people to stop seeking and become non believers...because their core being cant accept the OT Gods image.

Through quiet time thought, humble thinking and pondering, we can find that there is a higher power around and within....and it is love. It blows the image of the OT god and the Abrahamic faiths god....out of the dirty water.

The abrahamic visions of the nature of god....pollutes the very word 'god'. But I think it was needed, I think man evolves in his thinking by reflecting his own self. I think this brutal god in the OT....is a good reflection of man and the ways of man....back in those days.

ANother poster said it well..

Love.....IS.....God. The highest vibration of being.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

<<   2 >>

join