It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Majic's Manic Monologs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Manic Monologs
In which AboveTopSecret.com's most notoriously loquacious resident maniac holds forth on the ups and downs of bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression. WARNING: Ramblecast. May adversely affect mental hygiene.

length: 24:28
file: btstpod_1417.mp3
size: 4302k
feed: btst

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Manic Monologs (reply 2)
Watch out! Majic's still manic! He just keeps going and going and going like a manic depressive Energizer Bunny. In this run, Majic loosely considers how bipolarity, conspiracy theory and ATS go together. WARNING: Contains unfocused thought.

(Not that anyone would notice, but the previous podcast got truncated during upload. Hence the reload. Think of it as almost double the Majic.)

length: 27:06
file: btstpod_1420.mp3
size: 4769k
feed:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Manic Monologs (reply 2)
Lie back on the couch and close your eyes. And tell me more...

length: 06:27
file: btstpod_1421.mp3
size: 3030k
feed:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry, I only have time to listen to the first podcast for now but uh... yeah. Now you've got me seriously considering if maybe I have it or something. Because I go through weird things where I will randomly just get really depressed and act like a complete ass for no reason, and then by about the time my friends are all starting to totally hate me, I'll go back into "=)" mode. I could never exactly understand why.

I know for a fact that I have to be paranoid. Maybe a bit narcissistic. I dunno. Maybe I really should get diagnosed. Maybe everybody should just take at least one visit to get their mental health checked.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Managing Your Majic

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Sorry, I only have time to listen to the first podcast for now but uh... yeah.

Never a need to apologize for that! Podcasts are always optional (hell, I still haven't caught up on all the podcasts I missed during my recent absence).

And in particular, considering my tendency to saturate the podwaves when I'm in my manic mode, I recommend carefully regulating your intake of Majic to avoid unwanted side effects.

Could This Be You?

I know for a fact that I have to be paranoid. Maybe a bit narcissistic. I dunno. Maybe I really should get diagnosed. Maybe everybody should just take at least one visit to get their mental health checked.

Watch out for medical school syndrome.

Yes, it's never a bad idea to take a look at oneself, especially if you find your own behavior puzzling.

However, even being “diagnosable” doesn't necessarily mean as much as it might seem at first. Frankly, I'm pretty sure we all have something or another that can be pointed to as a “disorder”, and it's also wise to remember that psychiatry is a rapidly changing field.

The truth is we're all crazy.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Haha yes I actually got a bit of a hypochondriac feeling while posting that, but I definately think I have SOMETHING. Maybe not bipolar, but a smaller and much less severe form of something similar perhaps.

I guess it's better I don't go in and get it checked. I don't want to be medicated or locked away. If something is wrong with me, I'm fine with it and it's just who I am. I'm sure you feel the same way. Yes, the ordinary people are just the ones who haven't been diagnosed yet
. I'm not a hazard to myself or others, so just let me go craaaazy (so to speak
).

Honestly, I definately see little quirks in EVERYONE. It doesn't matter how 'normal' they seem at first. So yeah, it's not just people who are classified as "bipolar" or "autistic" that exhibit this sort of thing. Everyone has some sort of weird obsessive part of their behaviour that makes them do or think things irrationally, whether on a large scale or almost unnoticable.

I would love to hear a podcast about how you actually came to find out you were bipolar & manic/how you were diagnosed. How did they drag you into the psychiatrists office for the first time? Or did you always know something was a little different? (Sorry if you covered this in your second podcast). If you can find some time in your precious Serpo-Mania to discuss such things, I'm sure lots of other people would like to hear as well

PS: Sorry if anything I say offends you. I don't know exactly what all the faus-pas are when it comes to discussing mental health.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Better Not Knowing?

I guess it's better I don't go in and get it checked. I don't want to be medicated or locked away.

I know the fear, but the truth is that this is less likely to be a problem if you are the one who takes the first step.

The people who get locked away are the ones who don't seek help until their problems land them in jail.

My So-Called Life

I would love to hear a podcast about how you actually came to find out you were bipolar & manic/how you were diagnosed.

This sounds like a great theme for the fourth monolog.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So, I'm listening to your podcasts...interesting. I was taking psychology in university before I dropped out. Were you diagnosed 'freehand', or the hard way (battery of tests)?

Ugh, batteries. Been there, done that. MMPI, 16PF, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, The Circle... our teacher was exceptionally sadistic and made us go through and diagnose ourselves, then made us write an essay about it. After that, we got corrected if need be (I didn't need it, the correction at any rate).

Anyways, once you're off your Serpo jag, please go forth and respond to my podcast. I'll be listening to the rest of your podcasts (I'm still on the first).

Note: The Bell Curve. Sanity is the big lump. Sure, everyone has problems...

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure if my post will be clear, but here goes....

I often wonder whether what we describe as mental dysfunction is in fact normal behavior. Unless you pose a physical risk to yourself or someone else, it is not clear to me how we went about deciding what was clinical dysfunction.

After all, what is the benchmark used to determine "normal" mental function? How was that benchmark selected? Could societal agendas be in play in the selection, and if so, what?

Now, I'm not suggesting that mental illness does not exist... but I am wondering how we went about drawing that line?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
does this have anything to do with the magics program for producing music?

pimp

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
P-Diddy Majic

Originally posted by therecordpimp
does this have anything to do with the magics program for producing music?

Only the insanity behind it.

Which reminds me... I really should get busy in that department.

However, in the spirit of "pimpin", I think I'll kick Wings of Gray out over the feed again, since the podthreads for the early early pushes have blank entries, and I think I may have originally kicked them out at a lower bit rate, too.

And Zedd said it would prolly be okay.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Manic Monologs (reply 3)
Majic rambles on, addresses some of Benevolent Heretic's questions and babbles incoherently about pseudonymity, Internet intimacy, support networks, family and friends, facing depression with a positive attitude, the joys of mania and living an unorthodox lifestyle.

length: 28:17
file: btstpod_1425.mp3
size: 4972k
feed:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Majic, I listened to the first podcast on this thread and most of the last and I can only say one thing, "You are absolutely right, You should be taken in controlled doses."

I was even looking into making a podcast tonight but now i'm not sure just what i would say. Ah well, i'll make one tomorrow when i've had time to think about it.

I did enjoy it though.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

PODcast: Majic's Manic Monologs (reply 4)
Majic dusts off his microphone and babbles about Simon, the Universe and Everything.

length: 07:43
file: btstpod_1527.mp3
size: 1357k
feed:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oops! Wrong Podthread

I meant to put that last one in a different vanity podthread.

Then again, does it really matter?

new topics

top topics

join