It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian Republic of South Carolina?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Saw a news report last night on local TV news about this organization. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with them and I'll wish them good luck, but it's a very interesting goal they have established and here in Tennessee there are a few they showed on the report that are moving to South Carolina to establish this christian republic.

www.christianexodus.org...

[edit on 8-2-2006 by QuietRenegade]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This has actually been discussed here and here

I bet you didn't expect 4 pages of replies so soon

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thank you jungle for finding that, they were just showcased on the news just tuesday night so I assumed(i remember the joke about assume) that it was a rather new event being reported. Too bad the threads ended up turning into bashing the south and "their all crazy" post. Although I do not agree with them I can see their point and I feel it's entirely their right to pursue their agenda. Once again thank you JJ.

If any moderator feels that this issue has been discussed in its entireity please feel free to lock the thread. Thanks

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why cant these people just stand up wherever they may be and assert the rights that are given by the Constitution, why do they have to chose any particular state? I really cant see the powers that be allowing this to happen though as I believe it was done once before and didnt it create a war? Best of luck to them though, Im all for asserting our fundamental rights and taking back whats been taken from us.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not only am I a South Carolinian, but I also reside just a few miles away from the infamous Bob Jones University. This has been a conservative-dominated state for the past 30 years, and this area is most ultra-conservative. Being an activist for the Democratic Party, I'm already engaged in an uphill fight, but what the hell, I love a good controversy.

But the Christian Exodus folks are not "just" conservatives: they're radical, and their agenda is to overthrow the First Amendment. Thankfully, their "exodus" is just a pipe dream. The Constitution protects us from them establishing a "Christian Republic", whatever that may mean anyway.

Luckily, I've only heard about these folks online: they don't have much of a presence here. Perhaps the numbers they claim on their site are a bit inflated.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wonder what their reaction would be if a group of wiccans decided to moving into no. carolina and take over it....the wiccan republic of No. Carolina.....hmmm......

the Gay republic of California.....

if they were muslims, would we be calling them terrorists.....
I mean, that's what the muslims in chechnea (however your spell it) are fighting for, and well, there's separatists movements sprouting up all over the place from the muslem religion... outside of the name, and well, these people seem to have taken a more peaceful approach...for now....just what's the difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
the Gay republic of California.....

It...Nah, not even going to say it

Quite simply, George Washington set precedent when he put down the Whiskey Rebellion. You cannot secede from the union. If you try to establish a republic within the union, you are seceding. Not going to happen. In the past, military action ensued. Recently, the FBI just blows up your compound and kills off your militia. These people actually do it, these people will more than likely die if they defend their republic, or else spend quite a while in jail.

If they try to do it legally, by having a ton of Christians move to the area and vote for Christians, they're still bound by federal and state law.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why not a mass exodous to greenland, and form a republic there? Ill even gladly contribute to their cause some money and supplies. As long as it means Ill be seeing the backend of em all for good!

new topics

top topics

join