It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends of mine claim to have nearly been attacked by something..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Back a few years about five give or take a year or two. Two of my very good friends said that late one night 2-3AM during early spring they where relaxing in there usual late night spot next to a lake which is 50-100 meters from the closest home. Some small houses really but not all of the houses have people in them year round and the closer few are the ones usually vacant 3 quarters of the year. The one that comes in to question SHOULD not of had people in it at this time of the year.

They said that when they were sitting there talking all of a sudden one of the doors on the houses directly behind them just slammed wide open and they heard the door slam behind where they had been sitting. When they looked back they said "there was a light coming from the door" and "something shot out of there coming right for us". It's hard to explain what it looked like they say but it was bright and diffrent colors and like radiating. They said as soon as they saw it headed towards them and they began running for their lives. "I was running as fast as I could and it was right behind us making really weird noises!" "Snarling and other noises I don't know how to explain." I asked them if they looked back during the less then 2 minute sprint back to one of their places and they said heck no. They said it was a good 30 seconds before they stopped hearing the sounds behind them before they got inside.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
you know what people's worst enemy is? fear. well ill admit, YES i would be scared of a multicolored flashing snarling thing flying at me, but i would at least look at it
and WHY is it that people always feel safe indoors EVEN when there's a horrifying entity prowling the grounds outside?

maybe...and i dont mean to be rude...they were on drugs, or something? but hey, anything's possible!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Your right about going inside but else would you do?

Nope. And besides drugs don't make you both see the same thing and run through huge puddles for your lives.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yes, but fear will. Fear is, truely, the most powerful drug of all. When you're in a hightened state of awarness (or disawarness), it takes very little to set you off. Your body goes into "Fight or Flight" mode, and will, essentially start acting on its own. My family owns a small sailboat. One time we were sailing in Huron Lake, and we stopped at "Rat Portage" (a cove) for a night. We left a candle out - the kind which keeps mosquitoes away. Well, sometime while we were asleep, the candle cracked, and the flame hit the pillows, and it caught on fire.

I woke up, realized something was wrong. Fear sets in, heightened awarness becomes active. I notice a light outside. I smell smoke. I look, and the boat's ON FIRE!

At this point, my body fully shifted into automatic. Evolutionary traits that dealt with survival completely took over. I just started screaming. Tactic one of monkeys - when a predator or danger is near, warn the others. Thankfully, it's an evolutionary proven effectual tactic, and my dad grabbed the fire extinguisher and was able to put out the fire before the Fiberglass caught fire. We have been told that had the fiberglass caught on fire, the boat would have been totally destroyed. So it's very lucky that I'm a light enough sleeper that something small will wake me. Had this been half a million years ago, my purpose in the pack would be to warn others of danger. By being a light sleeper, I would detect danger in time to warn the rest.

So your friends probably saw a door open because of the wind - saw a sudden flash of light (maybe a regular light that was blocked by the door) - and then the door slamed close again because of the wind (my door in my room here opens and slams shut all the time if I don't close it correctly).

Fear kicks in, takes over, and they run. What chased them? Maybe nothing. Maybe the sounds they heard were being made up, and were so "instinctive" that when they compared notes, so to speak, their stories compliment each other instead of desconstruct each other.

Finally, it could be that there was something nearby that did chase them... but I wouldn't say it was an alien - what would be the point? Even if we assumed only human-based technology, it would be much easier to tranquilizer dart them then to chase them and tie them up.

So it could have been a wild animal that chased them as well.

In any case, they said it themselves, they never looked back. They have no idea what it was, or if it was even real - they just hear growling sounds.

So, yeah, MAYBE they were attacked by something - but I hardly doubt that it was extraterrestial in origin.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Two of my best friend I have known for atleast 10+ years would not make this up and they said "when we looked back something was coming right at us." I believe there where 2 lights initially one coming from the door and one that was coming toward them down the hill. And the reason I posted this in this forum is because my area has had many UFO sightings and even supposed alien abductions. I myself have had my own experiences but ethats another book. I thought maybe they might of luckily escaped one, being fast runners and in good physical shap.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ahhh... all the colorful things young people can see on a camp party at 3 o'clock in the night!

[edit on 9-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Like I said, I'm not saying they didn't get attacked - I'm just saying, it wasn't extraterrestial. If it was, would they not have used a UFO, done some of that nifty paralysis and time freezing that's so popular in abduction accounts?

And also question - you say your area has lots of UFO reports... is this because there are a few well recorded events? Or because there's already a lot of hype, and people are very quick to prejudge what they see as unexplainable.

It's just a trend I'm seeing - especially on these boards. People jump to the conclusion of unexplainable too readily. It's almost like people are jumping to claiming to witches, except replace witch with UFO. If something wierd happens, it's either aliens, the government, or paranormal. People just aren't looking for the truth anymore, but rather what they want to hear.

Ask yourself, is that what is going on in this community you have? And I don't mean that insultingly - it's human nature to do this like this for what they don't understand. It's the find the scapegoat strategem... people do it unconsciously, without even realizing it. It takes a real denier of ignorance to see past this mind-fog that can cloud ones judgement.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well in this case, id go to cryptozoology or the paranormal...because to explain flashing/different lighted/radiating growling things is what they do best

Dont rule out radioactive cats! maybe that lake was contaminated or something...

seriously though, i dont doubt you if you say it happened, im just listing some possibilities. and yeah, hallucinogens (such as mushrooms) can make you see some crazy crap...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well it could of been alien related is one of our theorys like a drone or worker of some sort that was already in the house or went in through the back door before they noticed it was already 2 late and going after them. And no there is not alot of hype around the UFO sightings here it died out in the 70's from what I hear you could see one nearly everynight from more then one person. And sometime during the 1950's or 60's not positive been a few years. My friends grandmother said The army was all over here doing strange tests and such but didn't really go into detail and there was lots of sightings aswell. You can say what you want about jumping to conclusions but I know what I have seen and it has changed my mind very quickly that we are not alone!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Actually there are lots of sightings and events similar to this reported from the Amazon Basin and surrounding areas.

The most unexplainable and extraordinary event is probably the FAB's (Brazilian Air Force) "Operation Prato" , in Belem and concentrated heavily in and around the Island of Colares.

Colares, Brazil & Operation Prato(Saucer)

What your friends saw sounds very similar to the "Chupa-Chupas". Although I have not heard of "Chupas" making noise before , who knows maybe they can or do.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your post Lost Shaman. Have you ever heard of the lights that struck fear on and around the island? They would appear at night as strange balls of light of all sorts of color(red yellow green blue) and then shine white lights down on people and peoples homes sometimes even harming or even killing them! A man who was sleeping in his home said the lights were so intense that they penetrated the ceiling and they even burned his thigh with a red light that left actual scars.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes, I'm very familiar with the events in and around Colares during the Fall of '77.

Very interesting cases. The fact that the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) acknowledges the events of "Operation Prato" makes these cases even more significant.

Also , I had a close encounter here in North Texas in the Fall of '02 with a multi-colored Ball of Light. That's one reason I'm interested in these events in Brazil.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Very interesting that you claim to have seen one in Texas. Was it on the ground like my friends encounter or in the sky like the usual UFO's? I would like to hear your story.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well to make a long story short ( Condensed Version), two friends (co-workers) of mine and I were burning time one night and went out to my families farm land. When we were about to leave sitting in the car , we noticed a strange light that seemed to move. We watched for for several minutes and didn't know what it was , a car light? , a Security light, a man with a lantern? We just didn't know.

It just kept moving slowly across the countryside in our direction until it was on my property. At times it was only a few feet off the ground. It was following a small creek that runs through my families property.

We only realized it was a UFO when it rose into the sky and darted across an open area directly at my car. It hovered there about 30 yards from my car for five minutes before darting away to the North back the direction it had come from.

When it was near my car that was when it was clearly seen to be a Ball of light with these Multicolored rays of light that moved around it in a Forward /Forward /Backward motion. When the rays moved the colors that made up the rays themselves also would change. It was really amazing , and very scary at the same time. I couldn't take my eye's off of it.

My impression of it was that it was something that was controlled and it seemed to be defying gravity. It was small maybe just somewhat bigger than a Basket Ball. It hovered perfectly still in the air near my car , while the complicated patterns of colors in motion never skipped a beat.

Besides the defying gravity thing , the strangest thing about it were the rays of light. This light started as colors like green ,blue ,or reddish. They had fat bases near the surface of the ball of light , but instead of spreading out the light would turn in on its self to make these Violet colored tips. All the rays regardless of the colors that their bases were had the same colored Violet tips. I've never seen anything like it.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is very possible it was a craft with occupents or even a drone of somesort remotely controlled from 'the mother ship'. Reminds me of something I saw one night that was much smaller but had no lights and was like an insect but had no wings and moved with the utmost intelligence even faster then I could follow it with my own eyes. In Amazon forrest you can see lights similar to this one you you just described coming from out of the jungle not over the trees but from inside the forrest itself. I believe whatever is controlling them can shrink their crafts to whatever size they desire and the lights they shine are only to attract attention or some kind of communication, nothing else they could go completly invisible if need be I believe. They must use size chaning tech in order to achieve such impossibley small sizes but yet still be able to move in any direction they chose better then any jet known to the public. Very fishy..

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Judging strictly by appearances and based on my own personal observation, I felt that what I saw was controlled, some type of truly exotic mechanism. It seemed like it was interested in my car by the way it zipped across the field and just hovered to the left of the drivers side of my car.

Now , in Brazil, Operation Prato , they were seeing and photographing similar lights. After some weeks of poor photos , they discovered that IR and UV film would actually take pictures that showed the structure of the objects producing the Balls of light.

They also recorded many different sizes of lights one as small as 2 cm.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What chased them might of very well been El Chupacabra but I thought it was only suppose to be in the jungles of Puerto Rico its either an alien worker who comes to earth to test and uknown creature or an escaped millitary project gone bad. I know all about what happened on Colares and its true.

P.S. thank you for your posts so other people can see that didn't just happen in one place to a bunch of 'crazy' people.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I thought Chupacabras were supposed to be reptile like creatures.

But in Colares and surrounding areas the locals were calling the Balls of Light that were attacking people "Chupa-chupas" which means "Suck-sucks" , because the people attacked claimed that it felt like the beams of light were taking their blood and they would feel weak after attacks and some people around 10, 8 women and 2 men died.

There are also other documented cases of strange lights if "Operation Prato " is to out there.

Project Hessdalen is an on going study of anomalous lights in the Hessdalen Valley.

Project Hessdalen

[edit on 9-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't remember hearing them describe them as chupa-chupas but that makes perfect sense. Yes, the chupacabra is supposed to be PART reptile, PART bat and PART alien and who knows what else. Like a mix between them all in one. The reports claim it has glowing red eyes also like that of the greys but glowing red. And a strange smell and wings like a bat that enable it to fly. The U.S. government was supposed to be the creator of this thing, they genetectly engineered a super killing machine through DNA manipulation or its not from the planet period. Well if the U.S. did make this thing it escaped from a base during a hurricane in the early 90's not long after the attacks started to happen.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You know, strange things like the multicolored snarling lights could have been a mask for an alien abduction. There are many reports of people having strange memories, only to recover the REAL memory through hypnosis later on.

[edit on 2/9/2006 by Kruel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join