It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is life a virtual reality game?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If this is a virtual reality game, I would have to say that it's one of the most boring games I've ever played. Long periods of time where absolutely nothing happens. Apparently no ultimate goal. The only thing keeping me moving through the various levels is the "pain" that comes from aging, or being hungry or wanting to mate. You're presented with all these stupid little short-term goals, but nothing long-term at all.

That's just not good video game writing.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how about this one

you are all actually just figments of my imagination, and you only exist for my amusement. If I forget about you, you cease to exist.

got that from some book, I think.
I think that was Philip K. Dick's short story, "The World She Wanted".
No doubt there've been others.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
check into the pineal gland and www.rickstrassman.com you might find some interest in these things considering the ground your threading into

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Soul incarnates into 4D and from 4D into 3D and from 3D yet further down into 2D (virtual reality) an even tighter trap than 3D (our planet). Of course traps have to be inviting and offer something of apparent value. Virtual Reality is the next incarnational trap.

Cryptically,

Skyfloating

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Enkidu, sad but true. It's truly depressing to think that we could possibly be living in a virtual simulation and all the pain and suffering we go through in life counts for absolutely nothing. We are all simply little computer people, designed and made for research or entertainment puposes and unfortunately, that's probably all we are. I sincerely hope there's more to this game than meets the eye.

Then again our imagination is limitless, I guess anything is possible. We also might exist outside the simulation, we could simply be plugged in to this virtual reality. Maybe we are all playing the best game that's ever been created or it might even be some sort of reality TV show which we've all agreed to participate in, lol. Heaven forbid, the mind boggles.

Now where's the off switch. Damn!!! it isn't working. Help!!! get me out of here!!!!

Here's an interesting article on the subject-Interview.

Could Our Universe Be A Virtual Reality Processed By Other Intelligence?
www.earthfiles.com...

January 25, 2008 Auckland, New Zealand - A professor in Auckland, New Zealand, published a paper in December that seriously raises the question: could we be in a virtual reality world and universe where the “computer” behind-the-scenes has a processing speed of 186,282.397 miles per second - the maximum speed of light? The professor is Brian Whitworth, Ph.D., in Information Systems and now Senior Lecturer at the Institute for Information and Mathematical Sciences at Massey University in Auckland.

In his paper, he quotes from a 2005 book entitled, The World’s 20 Greatest Unsolved Problems edited by John Vacca: “Quantum physicists who work with quantum theory every day don’t really know quite what to make of it. They fill blackboards with quantum calculations and acknowledge that it is probably the most powerful, accurate and predictive scientific theory ever developed, but the very suggestion that it might be literally true as a description of Nature is still greeted with cynicism, incomprehension and even anger.”

[edit on 29-1-2008 by kindred]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join