It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims direct their protests against America, you know why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
link

QALAT, Afghanistan - Police killed four people Wednesday as Afghans enraged over drawings of the Prophet Muhammad marched on a U.S. military base in a volatile southern province, directing their anger not against Europe but America.

The U.S. base was targeted because the United States "is the leader of Europe and the leading infidel in the world," said Sher Mohammed, a 40-year-old farmer who suffered a gunshot wound while taking part in the demonstration in the city of Qalat.

"They are all the enemy of Islam. They are occupiers in our country and must be driven out," Mohammed said.

Leader of Europe and the leading infidel in the world? Holy Crap!! Thats unbelievable. Just cause most Americans are not Muslims don't mean we should be hated for that. No doubt Muslims wish they were back in the time when the Muslim Empire was at its peak. Then they wouldn't be protesting. But since they are pretty much back to the life of a third world, protesting is pretty much all they can do, expressing their anger instead of trying to improve their own lives.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I read that article and just started thinking of all the people that say we can improve our image by wining the hearts and minds. We had nothing to do with this incident, nor did we contribute to it, nevertheless we’re still hated because we’re the “leading infidel”.
This just reaffirms my position that there is only one way to deal with people such as these.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Leader of Europe and the leading infidel in the world?

Shouldn´t that read
Leader of the world and leading Europe on?

Seriously, what a load of dung.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Delta and Westpoint, you're both putting way too much attention toward "hear say" propaganda like this. I mean you're talking about a simple and biased article on Yahoo News and coming out of Afganistan.

Do you really trust that anyone over there (or even here for that matter) has true grasp of the situation outside of the Massive Political & Religious Propaganda Campains???

Have you ever considered that you may be playing right into the hands of the Globalist Propaganda Masters who are trying every trick in the book to insite fear and anger between the nations of the world to further thier own agendas???

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Have you ever considered that you may be playing right into the hands of the Globalist Propaganda Masters who are trying every trick in the book to insite fear and anger between the nations of the world to further thier own agendas???

Yeah, perhaps you’re right, maybe I am playing into the hands of those radical Imams who instigate their followers because they want nothing less then total war on the West.
However I fail to see how this behavior is acceptable because the people protesting might be egged on by their local religious leaders.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not siding with Denmark or the Muslims. I think it's playing into their hands to take sides.

Someone's just instigating things. Right now I'm in sit-back-and-watch mode.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Do you really trust that anyone over there (or even here for that matter) has true grasp of the situation outside of the Massive Political & Religious Propaganda Campains[sic]???

Wow, I don't post here often, but this was such an unintentionally ironic statement that I am moved to. You do know that propaganda and winning the hearts and minds is not about the movers and the shakers but about what people think. In this regard, facts are meaningless, it is all about opinions.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think it isnt so much Mohammed depicted in cartoons as it is the fact that they are against us and England mainly, because of our invasion there.

I think they were looking for an outlet and this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Its atrocious and doesnt make it right, but they are also being instigated by their leaders and lord knows who else.

I think we are seeing the beginning of the end.

All we need now is that sign in the sky.....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah, perhaps you’re right, maybe I am playing into the hands of those radical Imams who instigate their followers because they want nothing less then total war on the West.
However I fail to see how this behavior is acceptable because the people protesting might be egged on by their local religious leaders.

You're absolutely correct. Thier own Religious Leaders are selling out thier own people and corrupting thier own Religious Beliefs to further Political Ends. It is really no different than any other "Leadership" that has ever been in power since history began. Be it a Religious, Governmental, Military, Economic, etc. "Leadership" it always eventually goes down the same path of corruption and deception by a few who control the many.

You can rest assure that it's not only thier "Leaders" who are using deceptive Propaganda either. Every "Leader" everywhere in the world, especially our own, has a huge amount of time and money invested in the world and it's eventual outcome based off current events.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am not taking sides with the muslims at all but lets not kid ourselves, america has not gone to great lengths to make friends with the muslim world, quite the contrary acually.

with Clinton "abandoning" the muslims in Lebanon and helping the Israelis we have made ourselves an enemy, we are not just innocent victims of religious bigotry.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
I am not taking sides with the muslims at all but lets not kid ourselves, america has not gone to great lengths to make friends with the muslim world, quite the contrary acually.

Seems to me it don't really matter. Imagine African Americans trying to make peace with the KKK. If you have people who wants you dead because you are different, then there is no point in trying to win hearts and minds to the extreme. Maybe not all Muslims.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Too be humbly honest, America did come into Afghanistan, Iraq with there lies of finding this charecter invented by CIA Osama...

What do you think the middle east will think of US? You think they'll call them there saviors? Thats the mentally US gave to the middle east thats what there going to get.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well at least they have freedom of speech even if they get shot for it.

But they also got something right US is in their lands and have invaded them.

That is true for sure, they have the right to protest after US gave them that right.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey deltabpy...like the ears. You could have them altered to look more normal and that suit with the fake musculature looks uncomfortable but that ain't why I'm responding.
Most Moslems are Sunni and are not prone to automatically hate anyone different from them. If a religious fundamentalists can be considered non-radical then the Sunni qualify. Sure they must have militant radicals but this hostile type is a distinct minority. Sunni don't wrap themselves with C4 and buy the farm just to punish people who do not agree with their religious fantasy.
Shi'ia, on the other hand are a bunch of dangerous bible thumpers. Shi'ia are the "we hate everybody' bunch and are not even close to anything like a large segment of Islam.
All the news says that Moslems hate us and want to kill us and most Moslems would probably just like us to shut our trap and mind our own business.
This Christian / Moslem thing is the business of idiots and the uninformed.
We need to put religion back where it belongs, in designated buildings where each sect can indulge itself in whatever pleases them so long as they leave other people alone and stay the Hell out of the everyday business of normal people.
As for us, we need to get over the fantasy of "spreading democracy around the world" or whatever else we want to call the incredible blunder that is Iraq because I'm not sure we even have democracy in this country anymore.
What we appear to have is a Party Congress marching locksep toward Fascism.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." --Sinclair Lewis (1935)
skep

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yeah, I read that article and just started thinking of all the people that say we can improve our image by wining the hearts and minds. We had nothing to do with this incident, nor did we contribute to it, nevertheless we’re still hated because we’re the “leading infidel”.
This just reaffirms my position that there is only one way to deal with people such as these.

And that would be??? I seems to remember words like this before leading to an invasion of Iraq. And to a confrontation of this proportion would be a mistake but what other way can we go. The Muslims will not listen to reason, and cannot get a reign on the extremists. I mean look at how long it took the IRA to come to its senses...ok so the muslims have had hundreds of years to make good when the IRA had how many again....???

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Be careful what you wish for and how you want it to be done, these so called people are also the muslin Islamic religious followers that account for the population of the middle east.

So who is the people you are talking about? because it seems that the entire population of muslin are angry at the cartoon.

They have been angry at US occupying their lands also.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas

with Clinton "abandoning" the muslims in Lebanon and helping the Israelis we have made ourselves an enemy, we are not just innocent victims of religious bigotry.

Right....let us not forget the saving the muslims from the muslims thing in the first gulf war. I guess the new world order was wrong on that one..."my bad to all who died" - 1st Pres. Bush

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thawyze
Too be humbly honest, America did come into Afghanistan, Iraq with there lies of finding this charecter invented by CIA Osama...

What do you think the middle east will think of US? You think they'll call them there saviors? Thats the mentally US gave to the middle east thats what there going to get.

Ummmm, is it me or did the bin Laden family not acknowledge they actually have a son named Osama and that he was in fact the very guy involved in this thing. And the fact the banks of the world froze millions of dollars in some ficticious guys account for what reason again....oh that's right a non-existant guy. Sorry no dice. This guys exists and is real. The religion is dangerous and violent (always has been and always will be as long as Jihad gets you into heaven without the works being weighed against you for living a "normal" life).

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

And that would be??? I seems to remember words like this before leading to an invasion of Iraq. And to a confrontation of this proportion would be a mistake but what other way can we go. The Muslims will not listen to reason, and cannot get a reign on the extremists. I mean look at how long it took the IRA to come to its senses...ok so the muslims have had hundreds of years to make good when the IRA had how many again....???

The IRA were the culmination of almost nine hundred years of political and national turmoil, dispossession, betrayal and imperialist agenda. While I would never condone their actions, to regard them completely out of their historical context and make a priori assumptions that all people of Irish and/or catholic descent harbour some fundamental murderous streak is ridiculous. In much the same way I can't see how current events involving the muslim world can be quantified in such a simplistic manner. If we don't learn from history we're doomed to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Be careful what you which for and how you want it to be done, these so called people are also the muslin Islamic religious followers that account for the population of the middle east.

So who is the people you are talking about? because it seems that the entire population of muslin are angry at the cartoon.

I am talking about the ones that simply hate us because we exist, there can be no peace with people who refuse even your right to be. And I am not so much concerned that they are angry at the cartoons as I am about their eagerness to use any reason to continue their hatred for the West.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join