It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Adolph Hitler !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sorry, I am not sure if I confused anyone but just in case let me clarify... as it stands now, Chavez can only be president until 2012. He wants to stay involved in teh goverment as major, governor, national assembly, etc, NOT as president until 2021. He says that in 2021 is when he will retire from politics. He just says that his plans are long term so he wants to stay involved until it is all done.

Cheers,
AJAG

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yea, sorry about that. I was posting while you were and you won the race.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hehehe, np, that was a long post so just wanted to make sure I didn't confuse anyone

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Actually I am surprised an Argentinian would take your position. You more than anyone should know what happened to Argentina for listenening to the US and the IMF. You sold everything, your public companies and resources to private companies and other countries. Your country was in bankrupcy and just now it is starting to be a bit better. Chavez has done nothing more than help Argentina and actually people really like him there. Sounds like you are part of the previous government

You are surprised I do not like the Peronist Goverment?
I am SUPPOSED to approve it?. That fascism in it's pure sense!
Typical of latinoamericans, allways blaming their demise on the US,Word Bank,IMF,gimme a break please!!
Yes we sold our "precious" state run companies. Now we can have a telephone line without having to pay 3000US$ to the local burecraut telephone monkeys. (This actually happened, my father had to do it, you see
waiting 15 years for a telephone line was enough for him)
Now telephone workers have to pay their telephone bills, energy workers have to pay their energy bills, oil workers have to pay for their gas, and so on and so forth

The a**hole president in charge, is boycotting Finnish/Spanish paper mills
being built in Uruguay. Why?. Because these companies at first tried to settle
the mills in Argentina and the local goverenor wanted "his" cut. 20 million US$. So they went to Uruguay and now this wannabe mussolini Kirchner and
his sidekick Jorge Busti are blocking the roads that connect Chile with Brazil and Uruguay, with the false claim that the mills will be an enviromental disaster for Argentina.

Some days ago Kirchner was struggling with farmers for the price of local meat.
They wouldn't obey his holy commands so 2 or 3 days ago the state run SENASA found some cattle with foot & mouth disease so ALL the exports abroad were canceled (Agriculture is the mayor income of Argentina, export meat to Russia, E.U,Middle east and others)
SENASA is in charge of the vaccination and health certificates of cattle. The funny thing is that the cows were ALREADY vaccinated against the disease.
What a lucky bastard was Kirchner!!, now he has his cheap meat for the mob
He doesnt care about the 700US million income loss and job loss.
We call him here a wannabe Chavez without oil

[edit on 10-2-2006 by Vladtepes]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, I will take your word for it since you are Argentinian and I do not follow closely what is going on there. However, Argentina seems to be doing better now than when it was left bankrupt a few years ago.

About latin americans blaming everything in the US, I am really starting to doubt you are really from anywhere from Latin America if you fail to realize how the US government, the IMF and the world bank have influenced us all this time. Why doesn't the World bank forget about the debt the latin countries have? We have paid that debt so many times already but the damn interest rates makes it ethernal. Or you are telling me that is fiction too?

By the way, me nor any Venezuelan has anything aainst the people from the US. We know how to differenciate the people from the government. We consider the people from the US to be our brothers, however, we all have been affected by the policies that comes form the white house. I mention this to make it clear for people that when I talk that way I am not doing it out of hate but just because we see the way it has affected us.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it earlier. Hopefully some North Americans here know about the program that Chavez has going on right now to sell gas to poor people in the US at half price just like he is doing with many other countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. I doubt that has gotten much attention from the press there, but it is going on. I am sure you can find it if you do a little research. The guy is not as bad at they make him to be

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJAG

About latin americans blaming everything in the US, I am really starting to doubt you are really from anywhere from Latin America if you fail to realize how the US government, the IMF and the world bank have influenced us all this time.

Yes I am Argentine of Irish descent. Latin America is poor because of corruption an laziness.

Tracing route to www.abovetopsecret.com [70.86.59.150]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

My ip 201.235.187.103

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I live in new jersey and over here you dont hear any good words about Chavez whenever the subject comes up. Even if we say that Chavez may not be as bad as we are shown in the media, how does the U.S government view him? I always here them talking about how Chavez is one of the problems that they have to solve.
Since most of the Americans see Chavez as a threat, do you think the government will act against him knowing that it has alot of its people's support?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stalemate
I live in new jersey and over here you dont hear any good words about Chavez whenever the subject comes up. Even if we say that Chavez may not be as bad as we are shown in the media, how does the U.S government view him? I always here them talking about how Chavez is one of the problems that they have to solve.
Since most of the Americans see Chavez as a threat, do you think the government will act against him knowing that it has alot of its people's support?

Hello Stalemate,

The US government cannot stand Chavez for many reasons among which are:

1.- Chavez introduced the Oil Band prices. Although Bill Clinton understood the need for them, the Bush administration hates them.

2.- Chavez is a very nationalistic person. He will not let any other country tell him or the Venezuelans how we must live, behave, speak or run our country. We fought for our iindependance, we rule ourselves now. For example, THe US wanted to put an airbase in Venezuela to control the "drugs" movement. Chavez told them cool, put the base, give us the equipment, we'll pay for it on some kind of deal, but let our pilots/military operate the base. The US said no, we do not trust your pilots so Chavez told them to # off. He does not want military people from any other country on our soil, and I agree with that. I doubt the US will grant us rights to place a military base in the US.

3.- Chavez will not be a puppet of the US. He will not go by their policies nor economic model. He sees the dangers of a completely capitalistic economy. In a completely liberal capitalistic model, the money will always flow from the poor to the rich. It might take a long time or a short time to happen, but it will happen. As we speak the poor population of the US is increasing dramatically since it is a pretty much "dog eat dog" economy. This leads us to the Trade agreement the US wants to impose on the whole South America. You see how mexico is right now because of that agreement. If we sign that agreement, all the US companies will comes with their cheaper products and massive amounts of cash to our country. It sounds good right? Unfortunately it isn't. If that happened without any regulations, the US companies would be the ones making all the cash and our local producers would become extinct increasing the unemployment and poverty levels. For example, lets take farming goods. Farming is way more advanced in the US than it is in Venezuela. The previous goverments only decided to live out of the oil money so they didn't pay any attention to farming. Now assume a large part of US companies come with all their mass produced farms good to Venezuela. They will be cheaper than the locally grown since they are mass produced. Obviously the people in Venezuela will go for the cheaper products which means our local farmers will be out of their jobs. Lets not even get into the scenario of Venezuelan Farmers trying to break into the US market cause the shipping costs would increase their prices even more. This means the Free trade agreement would only be one sided. Any rational individual would see why we cannot sign such agreement. I mean, Venezuelans voted Chavez for president so who is he going to look after, the Venezuelan farmers or the US corporations? A trade like this would mean a massive inflow of cash for the US because it is not only farming, the US will produce anything we can for cheaper leaving our economy in complete ruins.

4.- Chavez will not bow his head to anyone. If you treat him and Venezuela with respect, he will be your brother (literally, he is the most down to earth person you can imagine) however if you mess with him or more importantly with Venezuela, you are in for a fight. He is not hte kind of person that will hold his tongue just because you are a more powerful nation. We live in democracy right? democracy is a two-way street.

Do I think the US is capable of acting against Chavez? Absolutely, Venezuela right now has the 7th largest oil reserves in the world and the largest in South America. I say right now, because we are going through the process of re-evaluating our oil reserves and in about 2 years it might turn out that Venezuela has the largest oil reserves in the whole world! www.vheadline.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Largest oil reserves Now if the US invades Venezuela, they would have their source of oil right there in South America instead of having to go all the way to teh middle east and getting involved in the Middle east problems. Sounds like a good deal doesn't it? Now if Venezuela didn't have an important amount of oil reserves, I think there wouldn't be such a big deal with Chavez and then I am sure they would not invade.

lastly, here are some links of that cheaper oil program I told you about that Chavez is doing in the US:

Oil for Bronx poor
More Oil for the Bronx
Democracy Now interview with Chavez
Cheap oil angers the US
Cheap oil for Massachusetts

I think you get the idea

Now my question... how many of you ever heard of this on the news? Why doesn't this get any news time but all the made up crap does? One thing that is seriously messed up in the world is the press. The print/broadcast stuff out of their asses and there is no one to regulate that. I mean, freedom of press does not mean you can print lies, it only means you should be able to print the truth no matter what it is. Right now it has been interpreted as the right to pass propaganda to everyone no matter what it is.

Later guys,
AJAG

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just found this, the statement of the International Criminal Court about Venezuela from the 9th of February of 2006: International Criminal Court

Later,
AJAG

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks AJAG for clearing alot of that up for me!

No, we havent been getting alot of that on the news around my area. All we have been getting is 'Chavez-bashing' opinions without much proof. Thats why ive been a little skeptic about how valid the news was.

There is also one more thing that ive been hearing alot lately. Is it true that Chavez has been robbing the country out of its money? Is he making a huge personal profit out of his actions? Ive been trying to find a reliable source on the internet that would explain whether this was true or false but i havent had any luck yet-- does anyone know where i can find one?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible

www.cnn.com...

"They are right to be worried, because they know what's happening here," Chavez said in a speech lasting more than 21/2 hours after accepting his prize.

"They will forever try to preserve the U.S. empire by all means, while we will do everything possible to shred it."

i guess it doesn't bother you that Chavez himself is saying they, him, castro and a few others, are working on shredding the U.S.?....

He is a good guy according to you right?....

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stalemate
Thanks AJAG for clearing alot of that up for me!

No, we havent been getting alot of that on the news around my area. All we have been getting is 'Chavez-bashing' opinions without much proof. Thats why ive been a little skeptic about how valid the news was.

There is also one more thing that ive been hearing alot lately. Is it true that Chavez has been robbing the country out of its money? Is he making a huge personal profit out of his actions? Ive been trying to find a reliable source on the internet that would explain whether this was true or false but i havent had any luck yet-- does anyone know where i can find one?

No problem man. I am a bit confused about you hearing that Chavez is robbing money because I have not even heard that on the oposition networks of Vezuela so I am very interested to know from where they are starting this rumor. However, I do not believe this for an instant. As I said in a previous post, Chavez is not even taking the salary that corresponds to him as the president of the country, he is giving that money away for scholarsips. I am not denying that there is corruption in the country. Many people pretend to be on Chavez side just to gain support from the people who vote for Chavez. Once they get in power then they just do nothing but steal.

So no, Chavez himself is not stealing but there is still corruption in the government. That is one of the biggests problems his facing right now.

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by Submersible

www.cnn.com...

"They are right to be worried, because they know what's happening here," Chavez said in a speech lasting more than 21/2 hours after accepting his prize.

"They will forever try to preserve the U.S. empire by all means, while we will do everything possible to shred it."

i guess it doesn't bother you that Chavez himself is saying they, him, castro and a few others, are working on shredding the U.S.?....

He is a good guy according to you right?....

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

You are not understanding the news properly but that might not even your fault. You see, when it comes to news nowdays, news agencies print half-truths if that much. Yes it is true that Chavez and Castro have said they are going to get rid of the US Empire, but let me explain to you what that means. When they say this, by no means they are taling about war, or launching terrorists attacks on the US or any other country. He does not mean that he is going to kill Americans nor anyone from the US goverment. You see, for a very long time Latin America among other areas of the world have been at the mercy of the US. They have place puppet governments, forced us to change our policies blackmailing us with taking away any financial support and/or military support in the case of some countries. Basically for a very long time, the US have been playing a song and we have been forced to dance it. That is part of what Chavez calls the US empire, the other part being invading countries based on lies and stepping on the Sovereignty of countries. What Chavez wants is a latin America free of the US influence. When he talks about toppling the US empire he means helping Latin America and the caribbean taing their own decisions. We do not want to be forced to do things we do not want to do. Is that too much to ask? Is it wrong for us to go on about our business without having to ask for permission first? The only way Venezuela would ever go to war against anyone would be if the Venezuelan territory is being attacked. Chavez is a pacifist BUT he will push if he is being pushed. For example, if Bush wants to invade Venezuela then he will have to expect a fight, otherwise the US should never worry about any attacks directed from Chavez. I mean, step for a minute in our position and you tell me if you would like a stronger country pushing your around. Fortunately for you guys, your country has never been through that since you got your independance from the British.

The problem is that they do not explain any of this on the news.

Take care,
AJAG

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks again AJAG.

It sounds like you are saying pretty much the same thing I have been saying about those "troublesome" latin american leaders. Its just a lot of media spin put on someone who won't bow to US interests. Too bad. I would like to see an economy thrive without our form of capitalism. I hate the idea of wealth comming at someone elses expense.

Cant we all live good?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Thanks again AJAG.

no problem, feel free to ask me anything you want to know about Venezuela.

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Cant we all live good?

Unfortunately not. Living in peace or good is not profitable for some people

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
AJAG,

What is the feeling of the average Venezuelan towards American tourists? I would love to visit South America and I know my friend from Columbia said that unless I could fake being a Columbian I should probably vacation elsewhere. Since my Espanol is terrible I figure maybe Venezuela would be a better choice?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hey Dafunk,

You being a US citizen will affect your stay in Venezuela. You will not get kidnapped or targetted because of your nationality. We do have crime, but it is the day to day crime. As long as you do not go around flashing money you should be ok. Actually, Pro Chavez suporters will be very willing to talk to you about the current politics since you are a North American and we are very interested in getting the truth known abroad. I wouldn't mind taking you around if we happened to be there at the same time. Since your spanish is not so good, it might be a problem to communicate. Unfortunately it is more likely that the people you find that speaks english will be part of the oposition.

If you are interested in receiving that DVD I told you about the Coup against Chavez, send me your address by a private mesage and I will ship it to you.

Take care,
AJAG

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes

"One cycle of the Assembly has completed and another one has begun which will speed the revolution: of changes made in favor of the people," Maduro said. "The main contribution of this new assembly will be to consolidate the revolution."

Try to defend THAT!.

edit on 10-2-2006 by Vladtepes]

VIVA LA REVOLUTION ! !

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm a new member and would like to thank DaFunk and Ajag for their posts, which seem to be informed and rational. There is another thing I'd like to draw to your attention, though, and it's what makes Chavez truly dangerous to the US' ruling junta. He wants to trade his oil in Euros.

The US dollar is a fiat currency. Broadly, that means it's not backed up by any gold standard and is not redeemable for anything solid. It's continually being devalued which means the US gets a great deal on goods and services it gets for the dollars it exports.

However, this means there has to be a damned good reason for people to buy dollars, and ensuring the oil market uses US dollars exclusively has been the way to keep the currency afloat. If a rival market develops, using a harder currency (the Euro, for example), the dollar would tank.

This fact explains a great deal of recent US foreign policy. Saddam Hussein, for example, made a bundle in 2002 simply by switching his oil trades into Euros: he of course was not permitted to go on doing this for long.

And the Iranians are planning to open an oil trading market (bourse) using Euros as the trading currency. In March.

Wonder how long that will be allowed to operate?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I saw that Chavez coup on TV, from that time on I became a huge Hugo fan.

I told many people about it, and what happened, it was amazing!
The best part is when the guards showed no loyalty to the oppressive instigators and did a re-coup, and took back the government to it's rightful ELECTED leader,
Hugo.

Recommended

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Toadmund]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I saw that Chavez coup on TV, from that time on I became a huge Hugo fan.

I told many people about it, and what happened, it was amazing!
The best part is when the guards showed no loyalty to the oppressive instigators and did a re-coup, and took back the government to it's rightful ELECTED leader,
Hugo.

Recommended

Yeah, right! 75% of the people in Venezuela DIDN'T GO OUT TO VOTE in the last polls!!!!!!!
You know there was a goverment scheme to correlate your fingerprint to
whom you voted.If you voted for the opposition you would be blacklisted
Chavez has confistacted private land, properties and factories, he is retaning passports, he has passed laws to jail any dissident voices (has jailed people already), He is buying Mig 29's, 350.000 additonal ak's to the 100,000 he has already bought (that would be dangerous, but he and his monkeys are such a joke that most likely their pilots will crash those fine airplanes into the sea)
Here in Latin America we have quite peaceful countries.
We don't want any troublemakers here!!
Altough I must admit I enjoy his speeches, he is a funny pathetic wannabe Soup Nazi!!

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Vladtepes]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join