It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chalk Another Victory For The PC Crowd; Hope You Like Blood On Your Hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This one probably isn't going to need to be updated, as the victim of this slander, George Dickerson, ended his life when the media published an email he sent to a city councilwoman . Nowhere in the email was race mentioned, but city councilwoman Elena Guajardo saw race first and assumed that, because he did say things like, "undesirable, low-class elements from bad parts of the city", he must be talking about black people.

The councilwoman, in an effort to address Dickerson's concerns, forwarded the email to his employer, Zachry Construction Corp, apparently urging them not to fire him, but instead send him to sensitivity training and force him to do public service in lower class neighborhoods. Zachry fired him for improper use of his computer after 27 years of employment with the company.

Then someone leaked the email and story to the San Antonio Express-News, who ran with the story. Dickerson killed himself later that day.

Source

[edit on 2/8/06/08 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
.....To manufacture this as a case of political correctness gone astray.
The guy was fired because he violated company policy.
That company policy was the loop hole that the company needed to NOT pay any retirement benefits AND to stop what was likely a high compensation for a role with 27 years bench time, that they could backfill at 1/4 the costs on the new benefits program ( much less costly than the old grandfathered one). I've come to call it the GM effect due to what they've done to my father after 30 years in GM & the UAW.
But Mental Illness can be the scapegoat fodder for Rightwing talking point advancement, I guess.

Everytime JJ comes out with this stuff I want to Yell " Bill O Jr. is in da hizzous"!!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
While this may be the excuse the company is using to save a few bucks, which, I agree, is really shady, why did this come to their attention? Why was it brought to his employer's attention?

This isn't the first time an email to a public official has been sent to an employer or newspaper because it was deemed politically incorrect. Remember the teacher getting fired after a politician leaked her email to a newspaper?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have one very serious question on this.
Who gave the media the information?
The only mention of media having informationwas the Express news obtaining the email AFTER the suicide. The article also mentions that this same newspaper would not normally publish stories on suicide unless the suicide was alreway in the public's eye.
Yet according to the timeline of the story,
He sends an email to the "counselwoman" on Monday.
Wednesday the conselwoman contacts his employer to tell them NOT to fire him but give him sensitivity training or have him spend sometime working with low income people.

Today is Friday... He is dead because hhis story is in the media and he is talked about on the radio stations. Who gave the press this information? Zachry? the counselwoman? Who?
To me this stinks of hidden agendas

new topics

top topics

join