It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Years for Infanticide - What's This World Coming to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...
A woman accused of stabbing her newborn son and dumping the body in a flooded quarry, weighed down by a duffel bag full of rocks, was sentenced Wednesday to six years in prison.
Jessica Coleman, 22, pleaded guilty in November to involuntary manslaughter and six other charges. She wept quietly as she was sentenced.

When the baby was born in 1999, Coleman was a high school sophomore who had concealed the pregnancy from family and friends. Authorities say she beat and stabbed the newborn, and her boyfriend helped her get rid of the body.

The boyfriend, Thomas R. Truelson Jr., 25, was sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to three charges, including gross abuse of a corpse.

Involuntary manslaughter?!

Anyone else think there's something wrong with this?

I don't know all the details of the case, so I can't really comment on the judge's decision, but has anyone got any information on this case? Some reason for the sentence handed down?

Was this a reward for confession? Not enough evidence to go to trial without it maybe?

Man, it's days like these I temporarily lose ALL faith in the justice system. To be fair, I'm probably just not privvy to necessary information, and that's precipitating this reaction. Still, I've known byte shufflers and software pirates lookin' at more time than this woman, and that's just not right. :shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ugg the world has gone mad.

I hear a stroy like this every other week now.

new topics

join