It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blizzard for east coast this weekend

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
anyone in ohio.... I know the local forecasters arent calling for snow here, but... i am still optimistic that we will recieve a significant snowfall.... i'm going to post later on tonight the final snow totals...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
flyers, is that the recent book that came out like maybe this past halloween(?) , bc i saw in B&N and gave it a glance... awesome stuff

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The forecasters here in the Charleston area have said anywhere in Northern Kentucky and Southwest Ohio should only expect to see 1 to 2 inches of the white stuff. Locations east of the Ohio River should see something on the oreder of 6 to 9 inches. No I am not exaggerating, this is what they actually said. While the mountains of Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia (me again) should see six to ten inches of the white stuff.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Good call on the forcast chaos! Last I saw we're getting 8-10". Kinda sucks though, I got free VIP passes for the Philly auto show. Looks like I won't be going. Oh well, the snow is always fun...

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
See, These forecasts are all a conspiracy.

I think markets and grocery stores try to pay off or influence the forecast results in their local stations. The better and bigger the forecast, the more people will rush and binge buy convience items (food and supplies and such.)

So for me, if its not part of the national weath service, I don't believe it.

So I'm going to say 4" to 6" tops, if that much.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The only time whe get huge storms here is when they say a "slight" dusting.

So, I'll beleive it when i see it. I predict we will go from blizzard to icy/rain conditions here. But i'll let you know.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Boston - 14 - Blizzard
Providence - 14 to 20 - Blizzard
New York City central Park 14. - Blizzard
Long Island - 12 to 18 - Blizzard
Medford 12-14 - near Blizzard
Philly 8-16 - near Blizzard
Montgomery, Bucks, Chester co's PA - 8 to16
Hartford - 6 to 12 - Blizzard
Washington 6-12
Baltimore 6-14
Harrisburg and Reading - 3 to 6
Albany - 3 to 6
Gettysburg - 3 to 6

Roanoke - 4-8
Richmond - 2-4
Winston Salem Rain ends as snow- little accumulations
State College 1-3
Eastern Kentucky 1-4
Southern West Virginia 2-6
Eastern Tenn - 1-3, Hey, give some to the western Carolina folks.

The top side of the storm will be 20 inches somewhere from SE PA, New Jersey into Southern New England.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Coshocton?

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
Boston - 14 - Blizzard
Providence - 14 to 20 - Blizzard
New York City central Park 14. - Blizzard
Long Island - 12 to 18 - Blizzard
Medford 12-14 - near Blizzard
Philly 8-16 - near Blizzard
Montgomery, Bucks, Chester co's PA - 8 to16
Hartford - 6 to 12 - Blizzard
Washington 6-12
Baltimore 6-14
Harrisburg and Reading - 3 to 6
Albany - 3 to 6
Gettysburg - 3 to 6

Roanoke - 4-8
Richmond - 2-4
Winston Salem Rain ends as snow- little accumulations
State College 1-3
Eastern Kentucky 1-4
Southern West Virginia 2-6
Eastern Tenn - 1-3, Hey, give some to the western Carolina folks.

The top side of the storm will be 20 inches somewhere from SE PA, New Jersey into Southern New England.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
coshocton 0

dont be a smartass.... I'm just going to contact the mods to keep you off my threads or something.... if all ur going to do, is come here and be a smartass stay out...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
LOC, you called it spot on again in my neck of the woods. It started snowing last night and it is still snowing, heavily. We have about 4 inches already and it's supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow night. It is an absolute winter wonderland here, with lots of bright red cardinals eating from our bird feeders.
Thanks for the heads up, again!

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If you have something to say to me then say it publicy.
Also the gripe button is up on the left. The one with the lightbulb.
You have my public request not to U2U me again or I will consider it harassment.

U2U from l0rds0fcha0s
ur a childish baby.... you're gonna quit or i'm going to contact the mods for harassment.... you go around to all my thread blowing off your big mouth.... and btw.... the crap you put up on my new post doesnt mean crap to me, cause it says nothing about any storm coming..... plus that cold air they are showing isnt no where near the east coast.... you like starting trouble is all it is..... hey heres an idea......
START YOUR OWN POST.... you are the type that gets jealous when someone else is liked on a site.........
so you wanna be the "rebel" and start crap...
GROW UP!!!

Don't come here and try to be the glorified weather hero and then a winge-bag when someone questions your post. If you don't like the reply then ignore it.
You said absolutely that Coshocton would get 4-6 inches and I simply asked when you left it out of the forecast totals.
It's called reading comprehension my friend.

coshocton 0

dont be a smartass.... I'm just going to contact the mods to keep you off my threads or something.... if all ur going to do, is come here and be a smartass stay out...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
If you have something to say to me then say it publicy.
Also the gripe button is up on the left. The one with the lightbulb.
You have my public request not to U2U me again or I will consider it harassment.

U2U from l0rds0fcha0s
ur a childish baby.... you're gonna quit or i'm going to contact the mods for harassment.... you go around to all my thread blowing off your big mouth.... and btw.... the crap you put up on my new post doesnt mean crap to me, cause it says nothing about any storm coming..... plus that cold air they are showing isnt no where near the east coast.... you like starting trouble is all it is..... hey heres an idea......
START YOUR OWN POST.... you are the type that gets jealous when someone else is liked on a site.........
so you wanna be the "rebel" and start crap...
GROW UP!!!

Don't come here and try to be the glorified weather hero and then a winge-bag when someone questions your post. If you don't like the reply then ignore it.
You said absolutely that Coshocton would get 4-6 inches and I simply asked when you left it out of the forecast totals.
It's called reading comprehension my friend.

coshocton 0

theres your complaint little boy... stay off my posts..... i dont need your mouth you punk

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

trust me lanotom and trust there is a storm in canada that will quickly move south.....
i know my weather....

Trust me I have followed the weather since I was 10 I'm 42 now and I've seen many wrong predictions over the years.
I wasn't trying to spoil your thread or your forecast, I was just giving my opinion on your claims. If it doesn't pan out the way you expect I'm sure you won't be adding it to your resume so don't sweat it. It's weather after all it does change. If I get 8+ inches here in South Jersey then you'll get all my WATS for the month.

there you go give me your wats and leave my posts alone plz

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, Knoxville is getting nothing. It has snowed but melts before it hits the ground. My husband was right. Dang. So, doesn't look like the Knoxville prediction was correct.

I have yet to see any weatherperson get it right for this area.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't renege, when the 8+ is on the ground in Ocean County I will happily add them to your growing trove of WATS votes.
Should I save one for next week's larger storm? :O

trust me lanotom and trust there is a storm in canada that will quickly move south.....
i know my weather....

Trust me I have followed the weather since I was 10 I'm 42 now and I've seen many wrong predictions over the years.
I wasn't trying to spoil your thread or your forecast, I was just giving my opinion on your claims. If it doesn't pan out the way you expect I'm sure you won't be adding it to your resume so don't sweat it. It's weather after all it does change. If I get 8+ inches here in South Jersey then you'll get all my WATS for the month.

there you go give me your wats and leave my posts alone plz

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
Well, Knoxville is getting nothing. It has snowed but melts before it hits the ground. My husband was right. Dang. So, doesn't look like the Knoxville prediction was correct.

knoxville ky?? nm read your post.... I find that really hard to believe... it may be because you live in the valley, cause even people like the weather channel have said knoxville has recieved 3 inches...... hmmm keep me posted plz

[edit on 11-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

theres your complaint little boy... stay off my posts..... i dont need your mouth you punk

Son you need to learn some respect if you expect any and I see none in the forecast for you.

Do you understand the meaning of debate? If someone chooses to debate what you say you don't need to fly off the handle, this only makes you look stupid. I can sit here all day and call you a punk, lamer, wanna be weather caster that can't accurately predict a storm in his own town even with a claimed $1000.00 a year membership to the pro weather forecast, but I don't because it's a waste of my time. What I will do is debate and give my opinion on the threads I choose. This is a privilege that is given to me by the fine operators of ATS. (Thank you
ATS )

On the left hand side of your screen under my mini profile there is an Ignore link, please click it.

Also please take a few minutes and read this important thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is a picture of my backyard taken about 5 minutes ago. I don't see snow. I could have lost my mind and be hallucinating, which is a possibilty, or the weathermen were wrong. The mountains and higher elevations got snow. Like I said before, the valley makes predicting Knoxville weather very hard. RARELY are weather casters correct. Only time we ever seem to get snow is when they say we will not

Here is the embedded Exif data showing when the picture was taken

Date Taken: 2006-02-11 13:03:49
Date Digitized: 2006-02-11 13:03:49
Date Modified: 2006-02-11 13:09:21
Make: OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Model: E-1
Size: 587x440
Bytes: 131381
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 14mm
Exposure Time: 0.0006s (1/1600)
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Exposure Bias: 0
DigitalZoomRatio: 0/100
ColorSpace: sRGB

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

llpoolej, once the low moves off the coast it is likely that you will get some wrap around snow from the north. At that time the temperature should also be low enough to maintain the snow. I say 1-2" before morning especially if you are in the north eastern end of Tenn. Right now the low is centered in Atlanta so it will be a few hours before it develops off the coast.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Here is the embedded Exif data showing when the picture was taken

I think I see a little patch right above where the words Exif data showing is.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Lanotom]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join