It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blizzard for east coast this weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
thats not the clipper that will feul the storm put a map of the whole us if you could.... there is another clipper trailing that one that will feul the major storm...

put up a map of the whole us plz

The storm will hit Saturday, there's no other systems in the US right now with enough energy and speed to overcome this clipper then feul the storm.

Here you see it a little better.
Active northern jet stream, active southern. All the ingredients are comming into place

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hubby and me are staying in and cleaning and wall papering anyway this weekend, my God I just don't know if my heart can stand the excitement. But, thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be stocking up on kerosene for the stove and water and candles and batteries in case the power goes off. We were without power once for 6 days. come to think of it one of those battery operated tvs is not a bad idea either.

How do you guys manage when these things happens? Just asking because some people are better at these things than others and I am definitely willing to learn a better way. Is there anything other than a generator one can use for a power source like for one light and a tv?

link   
Here you go. The whole US.
Looks like it will be a miss to me unless that storm that's in the south AZ and NM can catch up with the clipper that is now over MN and IA

put up a map of the whole us plz

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Lanotom]

link   
cool, gets me out of trip to the inlaws !!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
dont try to predict my weather page plz

there is a clipper right behind that one in canada... it will change the northern branch and move quickly to the south, where it will draw moisture from the storm in the south... the first clipper will just reenforce the cold air jeeze....
first clipper= not a major factor except for cold air

trust me lanotom and trust there is a storm in canada that will quickly move south.....
i know my weather....
if you guys wanna predict the storm make a page..
plz dont ruin my post by countering everything i say, just make a new post
oh and i just looked the 2nd clipper is in the us now.... i'ma take a pic and circle it for you

[edit on 9-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

[edit on 9-2-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Don't be discouraged LOC. Everyone has their specialty in something and these weather modules seem to be yours. I think most of us are grateful that you are able to provide insight days before an weather event.
I am anyway.

Keep us informed as things unfold

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

trust me lanotom and trust there is a storm in canada that will quickly move south.....
i know my weather....

Trust me I have followed the weather since I was 10 I'm 42 now and I've seen many wrong predictions over the years.
I wasn't trying to spoil your thread or your forecast, I was just giving my opinion on your claims. If it doesn't pan out the way you expect I'm sure you won't be adding it to your resume so don't sweat it. It's weather after all it does change. If I get 8+ inches here in South Jersey then you'll get all my WATS for the month.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

plz dont ruin my post by countering everything i say, just make a new post
oh and i just looked the 2nd clipper is in the us now.... i'ma take a pic and circle it for you

Look man, no one is trying to "counter" you or take away from your predictions or anything. (creating multiple pages on the same exact thing saying the same exact stuff is generally discouraged here on ATS btw)

The only thing I disagree with is about the clipper.
1. What you circled isn't even it's own clipper. It's all part of the first one. It's easier to see that on the water vapor which I'll post in a bit
2. Even if that was it's own clipper or becomes it, it doesn't have the energy or speed to overtake the first one in 24 hours. The first one is very organized and it would take a lot to just make it disappear. All that moisture and energy has to go somewhere. That 'somewhere' is the new storm in which it will transfer it's energy to.
3. What you circled can become it's own clipper. It is not uncommon for pieces of energy to break away. What that would do is cause the snow to linger into Sunday for the major cities (into Monday for the northern east coast).

Here's the water vapor, here you can see better that what you circled is all PART of the clipper system interacting with the northern jet. Not a seperate entity.

You can also see that the two jets are getting closer and closer to combining making this storm all the more likely

Edit: Exactly lanotom

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

theres how it comes.. confusing yes, but wasnt pulling out photoshop for a quick drawing

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
weather.yahoo.com...

watch the winter weather outlook for friday trust he says the same thing i say....

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hey for all you that want my forecast... email me [email protected]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You don't have to keep your predictions private Josh we'd still like all your input and as I said earlier we/I was just giving opinion. If you turn out to be the weatherman that's 90% right then more power to you. Just don't turn into Brick from Anchorman.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

You don't have to keep your predictions private Josh we'd still like all your input and as I said earlier we/I was just giving opinion. If you turn out to be the weatherman that's 90% right then more power to you. Just don't turn into Brick from Anchorman.

lol i'm not a brick.... i just started this to give people a heads up not to argue.... just plz watch the video i provided and you will clearly see what i am trying to say when i say the clipper you see now plays no part

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

lol i'm not a brick....

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Lanotom]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Alberta clipper coming thru Great lakes region at this time,
as a Miller type low is coming up thru the Gulf states.

Main precipitation event begins Saturday for the East coast. Sub zero windchills and heavy snowfall (6"+) in many areas, so get your mittens and hats out ATS'ers.

Snowfall estimates
Albany: 3"- 7"
Baltimore: 3"- 7"
Boston: 8"- 14"
Concord: 6"- 10"
Hagerstown: 5"- 10"
Hartford: 5"- 10"
Islip: 3"- 7"
New York City: 5"- 10"
Newark: 5"- 10"
Philadelphia: 4"- 8"
Portland: 5"-10"
Providence: 6"-12"
Richmond: 2" or less
Washington, DC: 3"- 6"
Worcester: 8"-14"

LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY - NY
iwin.nws.noaa.gov...

Models here: weather.cod.edu...

Operational Daily Snow Cover Analysis

Snow Probability Forecasts

www.atmos.millersville.edu...

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I guess this is a better representation of what I was trying to say in that it's all one system

What you circled was precipitation that's forming along the trailing cold front. This is very typical with Alberta clippers.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Model runs will give you a lot better idea of the dynamics rather than stills from surface maps.

GFS 500mb vorticity 120hr loop here:
weather.cod.edu...

As for a surface analysis, here's one more detailed than the weather channel's:
weather.unisys.com...

Don't forget your hats!

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
LOC if you have AIM you can reach me at GrimReaper797, id like to ask some questions. if not i guess i could use email(even though i cant stand emailing lol)

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Alberta Clipper that is shown in the radar image is the one that will be the juice for the storm. The low pressure will come across North Mexico/South Texas and will strengthen in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Then the systems combine and move off of the Atlantic coast around the VA/NC state line and will possibly stall out over the next 36 to 48 hours.
Here's the storm track that I did just a little bit ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
l0rds,
i had faith in you all along
NOAA has posted notices saying the snow is basically surefire.
no amounts yet but im hoping over a foot!
this crappy warm weather has melted everything, so its just mush...
i could go for artic weather.

thanks for the original post i told my gf and she didnt believe me and now im basically doing the "i told you so dance"
thanks alot!

-untermir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join