It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians looking at your colon cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Was just watching CNN. About jobs being shipped overseas. And privacy laws.

An example: Things like bank acoounts, balances, x ray technicnicians, ect, are all being shipped overseas. This basically means foreign people and foreign govornments are having access to your personal information, like medical diseases, account balances, tax returns, ect.

It is because American businesses are contracting many jobs with overseas firms, sending more jobs outside the US. Like, x rays for example, of your colon cancer, would get shipped say to india to get devloped, and shipped back.

They also mentioned the No Call list, and how many American companeis will simply ship thier call centers overseas since the law only applies to American call centers.

So, not only do we have more Americans losing thier jobs overseas, and information that is personal being spread globally and the loss of privacy, we also have copyrights, cooperate secrets, ect being sold overseas to foreign compettitors, who can manufacture stuff cheaper and put even more strain on the disappearing job market.

Basically, what Im getting at, is globalization. Globalization, and private information transcending national borders. Now its not just our govornment collecting personal information, but several govornments over seas can acess it to. So nothing is sacred.

This already happens with israel, where Israeli companies handle phone records, wire taps, ect.

This is disturbing, its something thats subtle and you dont think about it, but its a slow move to tearing up national borders, as well as a fine way to get around privacy and other laws. A way to globalize things.

I dunno, when you think that other govornments can get access to say the medical records of the average American, or get a hold of thier bank account data.....

yet even more reason to demand the return of jobs back to US soil.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm afraid that the deal is done. Barring some draconian privacy laws going into effect, the globalization of our personal information will continue.

Some state call centers are run in prisons with prisoners answering incoming calls. When you hear a recorded message asking you not to reveal personal information to the person who answers the phone, pay attention.

Much has been said about the ability of the internet to allow you to work from home. It goes farther than that. The internet allows someone in another country to possibly do your job. And usually for far less than you are paid.

The only solution is to massively educate yourself in some useful subject. If you plan on making a living in an unskilled trade, you will have a harder life in the future.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No, I disagree.

The thing here is privacy period, privacy laws that need to be put in force, and tougher regulation on Americans dealing in foreign business, period.

The fact that this is happening should worry you, if you value privacy.

Draconian privacy laws DO need to be put into place, and we need to get really uncomfortable about who has acess to our personal information, ect.

Its bad enough we have to worry about our own govornment digging in our closets. Now we have that many more.

So yes, it is a problem, and they are shipping SKILLED labor overseas as well, and soon it wont matter if you have skills or not, if someone can do it cheaper, they will.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I value my privacy but i dont see the problem with people knowing my physical state why would i.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
...How about some wacko overseas getting ahold of the results of your latest blood test during your checkup? With blood data available, who knows what kind of genetic-specific diseases could be tailored to affect the nation's population?

By allowing this to happen, you're only giving more ammo to people that you have *no idea* who they are & what they can do with *your* information. You might as well paint a bullseye on every single shirt you own...Center it right over your heart.

[Edited on 4-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im sure if someone wanted a sample of our DNA they could have it.I

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Seems hard to believe but the only jobs they may not be able to send overseas are bluecollar in nature.

Maybe in time everything will collapse here and then the reverse will happen, we will be starving and work for less money than them and steal their jobs back.

The people at the top don't care because whatever happens they just move around, no big deal.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I value my privacy but i dont see the problem with people knowing my physical state why would i.

Because

A. Its none of thier damn business. Privacy means to me secrecy of EVERTYHING about me from they eyes of people who have no business knowing.

Its called basic human respect. A bunch of foreigners looking at your medical results, or having access to them, is part of everything.

The only people who should say see your x rays are your doctor and the xray technicians. Sending them overseas to be devloped or catlougued means alot of unecessary people viewing the info.

Privacy: Phone records, conversations, finacial history, bank account data, phone number, spending habits, family size, interests, where you spend your time, ect, these are all aspects of privacy that are being ewroded every day.

Now we have yet another angle, one that has most likely been going on for some time now, but is just nopw being mentioned.

Neo, the blue collar jobs HAVE gpne overseas. Someday the only people getting paid in America will be stock brokers, and services like doctors and lawyers that you cant send overseas. or flipping burgers. No one is gonna fly 10,000 miles to eat a big mac.

top topics

join