It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Invites Iranian President to Visit Cuba.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Iranian president recieved an invitation by castro to visit Cuba, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accepted the invitation in thanks to the Communist regime siding, alongside Venezuela, and Syria, with Iran on the right of Iran to pursue it's nuclear program. The Iranian president will attend the Non-Aligned Summit in Havana, Cuba starting on September 11 and ending on September 16th.

www.hindustantimes.com
Ahmadinejad accepted the invitation in Tehran from Cuban Ambassador Felipe Perez Roque. During his visit, the Iranian leader will attend the September 11-16 Non-Aligned Summit in Havana, the daily said.

On Saturday in Vienna, Cuba, Venezuela and Syria voted against a resolution of the International Atomic Energy Agency to refer Iran to the UN Security Council over a nuclear program the West suspects is weapons-oriented.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So the Communist regime of Cuba aligns itself with Iran, alongside Venezuela and Syria, while at the same time the regime asks the help of American corporations to stop the embargo on Cuba. Kind of ironic isn't it?

I wonder if the start of the meeting has any significance.....hummm 9/11?.....naaa

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Muaddib]

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Valhall]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a hunch with no hard data that this is very bad news. Iran will try to incite Cubas already renowned hatred of the US to make deals to place medium range missiles there. Some provided by Russia behind the scenes.

You loved Cuban Missile Crisis I? Then you just have to see Cuban Missile Crisis II, the sequel...coming to a city near you.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here is another link that corroborates that story.

news.lycos.co.uk...

I believe that the day of the start of the meeting, September 11th, is castro's way of rubbing on the U.S. what happened that tragic day. Remember that castro hates the U.S., he loved what happened on September 11.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Wonderful!

It just warms my heart to see all the psychos of the world uniting for one common goal. (yes Im being sarcastic). Seriously though, this is going to get ugly, very ugly soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Supposably later this year Ahmadinejad will go to Havanna. Looks more like he's blowing smoke. If he's prepping for a war, he won't be going anywhere.

Newty says Ahmadinejad isn't going anywhere either:

Gingrich Warns of War With Iran -Feb 10, 2006
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R.-Ga.), a prospective 2008 presidential candidate, argues that the United States may need to preemptively invade Iran within the next three years to thwart that country’s development of a nuclear weapon if efforts to inspire a democratic revolution there do not succeed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't think it is an accident that we are seeing so many riots right now. The cartoon story is not new, but the rage has all the earmarks of a controlled effort to whip the Islaamic world into anger and the timing concerns me since I heard prior to the latest Bin Laden pronouncements that a new round of attacks is in the works. And what happens if there is another major round of attacks under these conditions? The US and other Western nations will not have the sympathy they had in the wake of 9/11. This is getting worse, much worse. The conditions exist to catalyze so much outrage into all out war.

I also do not think it an accident that the summit starts on September 11, there is no way that can be an oversight.

Iran has always been a bigger threat than Iraq. There are plenty of African dictators who could have been brought to justice before Saddam, if we were really interested in spreading liberty.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We did not go to Iraq only to spread freedom, saddam was a threat to the U.S. according to the Russian authorities. The authorities in Spain and the Czech Republic, among others, also found evidence linking officials that worked for Saddam with terrorists. In the case of the evidence found by the authorities in Spain, one of the terrorist, who was invited to a party by the Iraqi embassy, was accused of being one of the planners of the terrorist attack on 9/11, which was planned in Spain.

Anyways, back to the topic. I think this is a big deal because we can see a trend of who is siding with the Islamic extremists. However there are some people who think this story should not be in ATSNN for some reason and they are voting no for the submission to upgrade. I wonder why these people never really explain why they vote no......

In response to the statement that the Iranian president is not going anywhere because he is preparing for war; maybe he thinks that it will take 10 years + for the world to react, like it took us to oust Saddam, and even then many didn't want to do anything at all and just wanted to keep waiting.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

top topics

join