It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New home strange things happening- please help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My husband and I just moved into a new rental home on Febuary 2nd. We had a house fire about 9 months ago and have been displaced while the renovations are being done.

The rental we moved into is and older home in our downtown historic district. It is fully furnished, down to the pictures on the wall.

Since we have moved in our female cat has been acting crazy- clawing at the doors, windows, walls and crying all of the time. I originally thought this was just due to a new environment, and that she has been having a hard time adjusting.

Two days ago I awoke to my husband yelling that the front door was wide open at around 6am. We lock and bolt the front door- we never use it. Only the side door where we park our cars.

I smudged every room yesterday in an attempt to banish whatever might still be lingering here.

To make things even stranger, We just noticed a small framed photograph hanging in the living room a couple of days ago. It looks like a reverse negative photograph that depicts a shadow of a man standing in the front door with two bodies that appear dead and lying naked on the floor some distance in front of him. One person is a man with a goat (like my husband) and a woman with bangs (like me). I will try to upload the photograph-

Anyway: we just put two and two together and we are both scared! We have experienced paranormal things in the past and definately DO NOT want anything negative in our home!
What can we do to ensure that this "thing' will not happen?

Hopefully these pics are uploaded correctly

Thanks a bunch,
MMMarie

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am being serious here ,If things continue bring in a priesto bless the place.
I hope they do not and good luck in your new home.

p.s. I think you are reading too much into the picture because of your fear .

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey there.

I know very little about the paranormal so i probaly will not be of any help, but this has interested me. Has that picture been there since you moved in? It's very very strange. Certainly not the sort of picture i would buy/ put up if i was given it
. (I'm assuming neither you nor your husband put it up)

Does the picture look like you and your husband then?

Like i said i know i'm not any help (Sorry) But would love to hear how you get on.

CB

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah maybe I am reading into things too much, but we just cannot take anymore chaos at this point in time.

The picture IS wierd and it is so small that we just didnt notice it like I said until recently.

It doesnt match anything else in the house. this house is owned by an older couple, and its furnished and decorated with stuff from the 60's like paintings of owls, and lots of pen and ink drawings, and also prints from the London times dating back to the 1800's.

Maybe we have over active imaginations, and id it werent for the door being found wide open, this probably wouldnt bother us so much.
Oh: the home we just moved from had the same thing with the door (but back door) being found wide open occassionally.Maybe its a sick, cruel joke, I dont know. All I know is that I DONT like this at ALL.

What can we put in the doorway for precautionary measures, Salt? Rust? I cant remember. Need to do some quick research.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ask the old couple about the picture to see if they put your mind at rest , and as I said before if you are being attacked by something supernatural call in a priest to bless your house .even if you are not religious it 's worth a try to end your bad experiences isn't it?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If the picture is bothering you, burn it.
Toss it in a fire and destroy it.

I find that people make a connection between an object and something ominous because they want to believe it has some significants or simularity to memories that are tramatic or disturbing in their past.
So just get rid of the offending object.

The human mind is a very powerful thing and if you believe something is ominous or threatening even a creak of the house settling, or noises from the normal expansion or contraction of a structure due to tempurature changes can lead a person to think that the house is haunted.

I can't discount the idea that the dead remain in our plain of existence as observers, but who cares, their impact is insignificant.
Please don't let it control your life. (unless you want it to).........

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
EEEK! That really is a freaky picture isn't it? It DOES look like 2 dead bodies on the floor with a figure of a man at the door! Ask Your landlord about it. Like, is it His/Hers? Was it left there by the previous owners? Why they have such a creepy picture up? I'd be asking neighbors about any previous tenents and if there were strange happenings. Maybe you could locate the previous people thru the landlord and ? them. You could do a thorough cleansing of the house. Sweep out all of the - energy starting from the attic, through all of the rooms and out the front door. Don't forget to get the in corners. Say a blessing over a bottle of water and use on every threshold and window banishing any - energy that may want to enter Your home. Have friends over to help. I think that energy is residual. Good luck, and shove that picture in a dresser drawer, way in the back!

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Trust the cat. Animals can sense when things are not right. It could be just a ghost and not an inhuman spirit.

Yeah, whoever picked out that picture must have been from Psychoville.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, walk through the house with a crucifix while praying. If something happens then you know you need to get the clergy involved. The positive side of the story is that if there is something wrong, at least it's a rental and you're not tied to the house.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What kind of picture is it? A drawing? a polaroid, regular 35mm on kodak paper? a painting?

the picture disturbs me a lot. Since you've done the smudging and seem to be open to not so everyday stuff...I'd like to suggest a ritual cleaning, rosewater, incense, candles and your regular cleaning supplies is all you need. Clean each room as you normally would but follow up with a sprinkle of rose water, light candles and incense and project in the room clear white light, some people like to have all the windows open during the process, but do this to every room in the place. When you get to the picture, do the same cleaning process around it and then put it away in a drawer nearby or turn it face down, just get it out of your sight. Hope that helps and good luck with whatever may be going on.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That picture looks like something from "Antiques Roadshow."

bet it's worth a bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry to get here late.I do not have time to read through all of it or much at all yet.All I can say is stead fast for now.

If things are too much try to get away from the house for a couple of days.Hopefully there is enough information here for me to do a good analysis of the situation and give my opinion accordingly.

I have alot of catching up to do here so I will be plugging away at threads as soon as possible unfortunately work calls me now.

Sorry
Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The freak out is over. NO more panicking, I will act in a rational manner. The picture is just a picture and nothing more. Someone's art. And a bit of coincidence-Thats it!
The current plan of action is to do a floor wash, sea salt borders, rose quartz in each room of the house. and more smudging, and incensing. We are not going to be here that long anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
What kind of picture is it? A drawing? a polaroid, regular 35mm on kodak paper? a painting?

it looks like a reverse negative, and the size is about 4 cubic square inches. I cant take it out of the frame to find out more about it because it is professionally matted and sealed on the backside. I put in a call to the land lord but havent heard back from her yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reverse negative???

does that mean someone posed for that piece of "artwork" or it's a real pic of a real scene??

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've tried finding the photographer- he owned a local buiness many moons ago- but not around any longer. So, I would imagine that the photo was posed..???

Its still a freaky picture, but I just dont want to give more power to it by freaking out over it anymore. Its hanging on the wall again, in the place we found it. Luckily it is small enough that you cant really see it from a distance.

~MMMarie

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Now you are less freaked out, I hope things are getting better for you and your family .Good Luck

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Can somebody tell me what "smudging" is?

I've never come across this term before, or at least I don't recall it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I believe that smudging is usually done with a bundles of sage or cedar.
Here is an excellent link that will explain it better than I can:

www.yoni.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree with the other posters here; sweep the house from top to bottom, ending with sweeping everything out the front door. Blessing the house with holy water is a very good idea. You can get it for free at any Catholic church. Just walk in with a bottle and fill it from the holy water dispenser. It's usually near the baptismal fount. If using holy water makes you uncomfortable, you can get the same effect from blessing your own water. Use cold tap water and a pinch of salt. Salt is an excellent purifier.

I would use clear quartz rather than rose quartz, but that might be a personal preference. I've found that rose quartz brings in happy energy, whereas clear quartz absorbs negative energy.

Some other things you can add to the mix:
After a thorough sweeping of the house, Put some basil, salt and pepper in a coffee filter. Then tie the coffee filter shut with a bit of string. Soak it in hot water, like you're making tea; then use the baggie you made to wash the door frames. Also wash the outside of both the front and back doors. It makes a purification barrier.

You want to do it after you've cleansed the house, not before.

You can also try tossing a bit of salt in every corner of the house. Icky things like corners for some reason.

Feel free to rearrange or take down any artwork for as long as you're living there. You can wrap the picture in black or white (or whatever color feels right to you) cloth, and store it away. That picture is creepy.

And for Dr Love: Smudging is the act of burning incense (usually sage) and fanning it around so that the smoke "touches" everything. You fan it up towards the ceiling and down towards the floor and around to all the walls and up and down in the corners, etc. A lot of people chant or sing or pray while they're smudging. (I do, too.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join