It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird photo near viaduct

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Its funny isnt, we see a figure wearing blue, and then theres miners wearing blue on the sign. We need to find out what the miners would have actually worn at the time. Would there be a uniform? There may be a local historian or website for the area that could help.
Though the designer of the sign may have taken artistic liscence.

Then if they would have worn blue, a type of denim perhaps? then we can move forward on it.

Nice spot though!

Dan

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It says on the bottom right " this is an artists impression of what the engine house may have looked like" so I'm not sure. It would make sense if they wore overalls though. Another thing I cant express clearly enough is that I took 2 photos of the exact same place but with about a 10 second gap. So if it was a human walking, wouldn't he be further down the path in the 2nd photo? Instead it's in the same place, it's unlikely that it was a camera error twice in a row. I think this thing wanted to be seen & is no trick, camera error or human.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Can you post the second photo you took? the one without the ghost... do they have timestamps?

I am a legend...

Dan

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They both have the thing in them in exactly the same place. I'll see what I can do.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry mate, I've deleted that one as it was the one with the red circle around it & looked untidy. Thats probably why I deleted it, though I dont actually recall doing it. I was tidying up all my files so it looks like I'm just left with that pic without the ring on it but if u still have it then that is the other one.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just to all viewers, I found the other pic, me & bigdan r analysing it now. Get back to ya soon, keep posting thoughts though.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
For the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what you want to see. There is no image of a boy in that picture. There isn't two boys, nor is there three.

When you want to see something so bad, then you will find a way to prove to yourself it is there, even when its apparent to anyone who keeps a level head that it is not.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ur obviously blind then, I'm not gonna swear but I wanna. I know if I do that, I'll get a warning & this thread will be moved & wasted. Ur not worth it really but I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Why bother coming on here if all u people do is put people down, more people can see it than not. Only two of you say u cant see anything or it's a squirrel. a squirrel in clothes? emmm....

I hate debunkers, just stay away from my threads ****

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
For the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what you want to see. There is no image of a boy in that picture. There isn't two boys, nor is there three.

When you want to see something so bad, then you will find a way to prove to yourself it is there, even when its apparent to anyone who keeps a level head that it is not.

Thanks for the input but your not being very constructive, if you had taken the time and care before posting to read this thread, you would see that we were all being objective and level headed, and trying to decide exactly what it was in the picture. If you take a look at the close up

there is clearly someone there, as for the other people or shapes seen in the pic, they have been explained. We are not jumping to conclusions; all we are saying is:
That when the photo was taken it appeared no one was there. So we are left with somewhat of a mystery.

The rest is follow up, contributing to the discussion, if you wish to make valid input then it will be welcomed, if not then please dont try and ruin this thread.

Dan

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The boy i can see clearly but the black figure looks like a tree or piece of burnt rubbish

may i suggest you attempt to take another picture from the same (or as close as you can get to the same) place and see if the figures are still visable.

im not usually a great believer in ghosts etc but this has really caught my eye the boy is slightly transparent and very pale plus the jacket looks of a early 90's style

im going to have a rumage around for info relating to deaths etc in that area
ill let you know if i find anything

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
if that was a person they would be like a foot tall, also they would be floating in mid air because you cant see the ground from the position of the camera. its probably a grey squirrel running up the tree. its not blue whatever it is because if you compare the colour of the grey bricks of the wall its the same... unless you wanna tell me the bricks are blue as well.
there is no way you can tell what it is for sure coz the resolution of the image is too small so lets just drop this eh?

[edit on 24-2-2006 by superduperman]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
if that was a person they would be like a foot tall, also they would be floating in mid air because you cant see the ground from the position of the camera. its probably a grey squirrel running up the tree. its not blue whatever it is because if you compare the colour of the grey bricks of the wall its the same... unless you wanna tell me the bricks are blue as well.
there is no way you can tell what it is for sure coz the resolution of the image is too small so lets just drop this eh?

[edit on 24-2-2006 by superduperman]

Well take a closer look...
here is the image with no... markings.

Here it is with what i can see...

You can plain see someone standing in blue is there. You can level accusations of looking to hard or seeing what you want to see... but I feel this is hard to dispute. Its clearly someone standing on the brick work of the wall... wearing a blue jacket. They werent there when the photo was taken...

Dan

EDIT: corrected duplicate picture upload

[edit on 24-2-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i see what you are looking at, i can see how it might look like a person, but if they were standing on the wall they would be so much taller! compare the height of the "person" to the height of the arch in the bottom right. Can you please explain why they are so small, and explain how they are wearing blue when its the same colour as the grey brickwork. Also can you see how it looks like a squirrel?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Look at the angle on the legs. Normal people cannot stand like that. If those are even legs, it may just be a part of a tree that is in front of the human-like image-causing construction. Either that, or the boy has no legs. The 'legs' are also far too long, and on top of that, the 'arm' extends past the 'knees'. Simply not the right proportion or posture for a human. Plus if this is a real guy, he's got to be at least seven feet tall.

And in the event that it is a real person, why can't it just be a jogger that stopped to look over the cliff? That area isn't entirely inaccessible, is it?

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you believe its not a person, then what is it? I just cant see a squirrel, can someone please point this out to me?

Firmbeliever, has said catergorically that no one was there when taking the picture. If you dont believe him then lets look at it hypothetically:

If there was no one there what is it?

The photo has not been doctored in anyway, I work with photoshop every day and can see it has not been tampered with, I will be happy to email the original picture to anyone that requests it.
I see a person standing in a blue coat, leaning back slightly behind a tree, I cant see arms hanging down, below legs or evidence that this person is seven feet tall, can you please point out to me where you see this?

I am not jumping to any conclusions about what it is, but there is something in that photo that wasnt there when firmbeliever took the photo. He took two photos 10secs apart of the exact same place one had this figure on, the other doesnt. So please can people post copys of the pics with what they see, there are plenty of unmarked images in the post, but again if you would like the full photo as it was taken u2u me or email me and I will provide it. Firmbeliever would be offering this himself but he is new to ATS, and is not certain on how to use it properly so I am helping him out.

Dan

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The person in the background is standing futher back than the wall, the viaduct is across a cutting, so is natrually higher on either sides. The figure is standing on the opposite bank to the photographer but standing away from the edge.

Here is a picture showing the dimensions 'emphasised'

Dan

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well that's a smoking gun.

What is that blue-coloured moss in the foreground? Or is it flowers? Could it be something that could climb up a tree? Or is it simply paint?

Also note that this colour on the ground matches the colour of the 'coat', less than 50 feet away. Therefore, it is a logical hypothesis that the blue material on the ground is the same that creates the appearance of a person.

If you believe its not a person, then what is it?

A collection of materials placed in just the right manner and perspective to trick your brain into grouping it together into the shape of a person.

If you look closely, this blue moss is also lightly covering the viaduct itself, leading me to believe this is the culprit.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The object is so mysterious to me as it has many colours & clear features. The face is quite clear on zoom considering that it was that far away but it's just not normal, the eyes are alien like & seem to be looking in the direction of the shadow object further down. I know this as I've been back many times since & reconstructed exactly where it & myself where standing. It's hard to explain how the ground is set out there & what features are there, & u'd have to check it out urself, I only knew this place existed on a cycle ride three years ago as I was going over the viaduct, which leads me to believe not many people come here. There are birdwatchers that come in the spring & observe from the viaduct through scopes at the perigrims & that's about all apart from cyclists. Do I only have one supporter on this or are u all gonna try & debunk whatever u see. It's just a coincidence that two men died there & in the cartoon on the board that the clothes are not too different.
I'd like to see you stay a night there

[edit on 26-2-2006 by firmbeliever]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm gonna go down the library today but if it's not open then tommorow & see what I can find out about this place. I've searched the web & found nothing, all u can find is Plym brdge bird watching, although there is a web cam of the nest if ur interested in that but I'm paranoid about this & want to gather as much evidence as possibal to make it an investigation. Aparantly according to locals & people I've asked in the woods, many people have died in these woods, girls have been raped, suicides, drownings, accidents & murders. You wouldn't think so though as it's such a peacefull, nice area although when you look around you can see that it may have had a dark past & often feels erie, especially now after this. I would recomend to any people who live in the south west who are curious about ghosts to go check it out. It's in Plymouth in Devon & if you want directions or even a tour guide maybe
then I'll be happy to help

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
there is clearly something in the picture, it is no squirrel and clearly does using zoom or not look like a person. i bleleive that nobody was there when the pic was taken and if u cant see it then you need to look again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join