It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 rounds Beta dual drum magazine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Looks cool doesn't it?

XM8 firing the Beta drum.
Transparent drum just to show how it looks inside of it and how it functions.

www.betaco.com... Videos and pics of this product. Expensive as hell.

Of course, it has problems though as we can read on page 5 and 6 by soldiers who have dealt with the Beta drum, that describes their experience with it.
www.bragg.army.mil...

It looks all cool, not to mention have a drum mag that fires a hundred rounds compare to having a pouch that carries 3 mags each with 30 rounds totaling 90 which is 10 short of the drum has. However I hope they be able to deal with the problems with it. Don't know if its dealt with yet.

O yeah heres a video of the XM8 firing the Beta Drum. Don't know if the video still works. Hope maybe somebody else can link to the same video.
www.armytimes.com...

Of course America is not the only nation to produce such drums with massive ammo. Russia and China has built such products as well.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Could not get some of the links to work ( my system no doubt ) so I am not sure what the complaints were about it.

But I think it is a great concept. My concerns though by just looking at it are repeated jams. Plus the added weight to the rifle of 100 rounds. Some weaker troops might have to hit the gym some more

But I really hope we ( CDN Army ) get some of those. Not only does it look badass but I dont have to worry about fumbling with a mag during a fire fight.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks like a handy thing. Provides a better resting place aswell.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ah I remember when you use to be able to sell these things for $800 a piece. Now with the death of the AWB they go for about $200. Its not like normal drum magazines you find for AK-47s and such works on a different principle. The best thing is there is no spring like in normal magazine you have to worry about wearing out. You can keep a beta mag fully loaded for a indefinite amount of time without worry of it crapping out on you.

Heres a place you can buy them I would recomend them to anyone that owns a AR-15 they are great fun at the range.
www.uws.com...

[edit on 10-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

top topics

join