It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded Iraq vetran to pay $700 for Armour.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is how much your government cares about you America.

Soldier pays for armor: US Army demanded $700 from man who was wounded
By: Eric Eyre on: 08.02.2006 [05:07] (251 reads)

The last time 1st Lt. William “Eddie” Rebrook IV saw his body armor, he was lying on a stretcher in Iraq, his arm shattered and covered in blood.

A field medic tied a tourniquet around Rebrook’s right arm to stanch the bleeding from shrapnel wounds. Soldiers yanked off his blood-soaked body armor. He never saw it again.

But last week, Rebrook was forced to pay $700 for that body armor, blown up by a roadside bomb more than a year ago.

For more www.iraq-war.ru...

All you are is cannon fodder to them. It's time you wake up and realise the real enemy is your own regime.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already done here. Let me ask you. If the soldiers are cannon fodder, we don't need armor for them do we? Not to mention we don't tell them to blow themselves up.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well he didn't have any armour for many months.

Still i find it ammusing that you answer me with " Hey atleast we GIVE them armour at all".

Please, the only reason you throw down that armour to them is so that your cannon fodder will last longer than just a minute.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
An isolated incident, and as is typical, blown up all out of proportion. Missed your unique perspective on world events, SS. I see you've learned nothing during your absence

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Well he didn't have any armour for many months.

Doesn't say in the article that he had no body armor.

Still i find it ammusing that you answer me with " Hey atleast we GIVE them armour at all".

I guess you find it amusing that we even care about giving them body armor, since you think we care about saving money more don't you?

Please, the only reason you throw down that armour to them is so that your cannon fodder will last longer than just a minute.

Body armor was not built so they can last a minute more. Its to save lives.
But I guess thats your best response as to the reason for the body armor, after all you can't explain very well why the soldiers be having body armor, because if America didn't care, no soldier be equipped with body armor. Not to mention many soldiers are complaining about having too much body armor. Ironic. Its like we are feeding the troops more than their stomachs can handle.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey Sister: Maybe if Rafik Hariri was wearing some of that armor the Syrians wouldnt have been able to murder him.

Maybe if fewer Syrian terrorists were in Iraq the US soldiers wouldnt need that armor.

Chew on that

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Standard pratice in any army - all kit must be accounted for - he should have followed SOP's for missing kit; steal someone else's

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

All you are is cannon fodder to them. It's time you wake up and realise the real enemy is your own regime.

Hog Wash. This is nothing new. Military personnel have been responsible for all equipment they sign out for ages, it has absolutely nothing to do with our regime. Back in the late 50's I signed out a station wagon that was damaged while I had it (not my fault) it was hit by a hit and run driver. When I returned to the base they immediately charged me for the estimated damages which were later dropped after civilian and military witnesses explained what happened.

Once he gets it reviewed they will give him the money back if he has already given it to them. This is nothing more then a mix up by a supply officer it happens all the time.

Leave it to a supporter of the fanatics to try and make it into an issue when it is nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I missed you guys too.

will be seeing you around more often seagull.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just to let you know.

The guys over at AmericaBlog.com (liberal blog) raised over $5000 in 20 minutes from pepple who were disgusted by this.

He's getting the $700 to pay for the armour and they're also giving him the additional sum raised to put him back on his feet.

It's sad that people have to hold virtual bake sales in order to fund proper armour for troops.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
was opened some hours before this one.
Please post your comments there.

So, this thread is now closed.

top topics

join