It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't the more popular conspiracies given the same amount of research like the Serpo project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I haven't followed up on the Serpo situation, but it seems to be at least partially a hoax. My question is the following.

Why is it that other conspiracies which are more famous are not given the proper research and where speculation is the "truth"?

There are topics, in ATSNN moslty, such as the new theory by the Nuclear scientist who claims that the WTC was demolished by explosives, yet when anyone tries to show proof to the contrary to what this theory proclaims, people are immediately labeled as "government agents."

Don't get me wrong, showing the truth about Serpo is actually good for the site, but shouldn't all, or the most popular conspiracy theories be shown the same amount of effort as the Serpo project was shown to bring the truth to light?

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Mauddib I agree completely and offer that that the "you are a Government agent" label, accusation, needs to be utterly ignored and the person presenting their theory need to carry on.

This is a hard thing to do sometimes BUT it works. Simply ignoring any and all non topical blathering will cause the troll spewing them to go away. The issue is everyone has to ignore it/them or they will get fed and keep coming to the table for more food.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Muaddib, it is because you are a Government agent and I a Muslim.
[Well, at least I know one of these isn't true.[Joke]]

I boil it down to time, sensationalism and that desire for it to be true/false. The research placed into serpo takes a lot of time and many people are not able to spend several hours a day, researching a subject - work, children and many other factors can effect this. The fact, Serpo was placed at the top of EVERYONES page also causes this. Everyone got to see it, everyone knew something was going on and people began to talk about it - of course causing more members to get involved and lastly, people desire for it to be true/false. Thus they will set out to proove it.

As the site grows, many more members who desire to do indepth research and posts will come and the place will grow from strength to strength. However, more members who desire to do the "One Hit Wonder" style of posting will happen, those who desire to insult and discredit on personnal basis will happen and the Staff will do their best to stop it. I can't count the number of times I've been called a Muslim, on all the toes of an inbred but I don't care. Let people fling around things like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yes, yes, yes. Every claim should be THOROUGHLY researched as much as possible. Then, I think, there should be an archived section of the site that contains the conclusions based on that research in an organized form for all new members to find or be referred to when they come asking about that claim in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
LoganCale, not a good idea.

If ATS begins to promote, who "wins" they begin to say who is "right". The thing is with debates, many people still leave them not knowing for sure which side was "right" or "wrong" and it should only be in very few cases that such a thing happens. Otherwise, ATS risks loosing a lot of its credability as an "Open Forum For Discussion" because they are promoting one side of the arguement.

Just my views...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, perhaps if it didn't contain conclusions and was just a well-organized list of the data used for research so everyone can draw their own conclusions. Or if it did contain conclusions but showed a conclusion for each side, kind of like Wikipedia has its Neutral Point of View policy. I don't know, but I think a place where a large amount of research data for each subject is easily available would be a nice resource.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, speaking on behalf of all government agents everywhere, especially those controlled by Zionists, I have to say that we do cover these topics, and that, as Springer said, the best thing to do is to bull doze righton through those who claim you to be an agent. That happens when they have no response that can logically refute what you say. I know as I get such responses from the silly Muslim conspirators who are trying to take over the world, one board at a time (
@ Odium)
At the end of the day, though, we need to remember we are a little community of people, trying to unravel the secrets "they" (and, you know who they are) don't want us to understand.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Muaddib, it is because you are a Government agent and I a Muslim.
[Well, at least I know one of these isn't true.[Joke]]

lol, well i haven't called you Muslim, although a rebel/revolutionary you seem to be.
I don't see how being Muslim is bad, as long as you don't follow the same agenda as Islamic extremists, government agents on the other hand are immediately seen as "disinformation agents" and they are not telling the truth and for some reason quite a few people tend to want to agree with such assertions.

I boil it down to time, sensationalism and that desire for it to be true/false. The research placed into serpo takes a lot of time and many people are not able to spend several hours a day, researching a subject - work, children and many other factors can effect this.

The fact, Serpo was placed at the top of EVERYONES page also causes this. Everyone got to see it, everyone knew something was going on and people began to talk about it - of course causing more members to get involved and lastly, people desire for it to be true/false. Thus they will set out to proove it.

Well, we all, or most of us, have this problem. I am not trying to put the burden on anyone in specific, but rather it should be a team effort in trying to put to rest or find what theories are true and if more research should follow.

Perhaps what was done to the Serpo project should be done to other conspiracies once in a while and make it public so everyone can see what is happening and we can get to the bottom of such theories and put the truth on the table for everyone to see.

As the site grows, many more members who desire to do indepth research and posts will come and the place will grow from strength to strength.
However, more members who desire to do the "One Hit Wonder" style of posting will happen, those who desire to insult and discredit on personnal basis will happen and the Staff will do their best to stop it. I can't count the number of times I've been called a Muslim, on all the toes of an inbred but I don't care. Let people fling around things like that.

It is more than just the insults, even though i agree they should stop, and I have been known to respond back to insults, which is a bad habit i must admit.

What I mean is that there have been some people who post theories and try to claim that they are backed up by science when they are not, even nuclear scientists can be wrong in other subjects you know?

I am not sure if the staff and admin would want this to happen in all of ATS, but ATSNN used to be a place where theories could be corroborated and made sense.

ps: btw, I am not saying that all ATSNN threads do not make sense or can't be corroborated, but it seems to be a habit of late, for a while now, that as long as there is a link with a story nomatter how little sense the story made it is accepted as the "truth" by many members and dubbed as the only truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I personally think it is because no matter WHAT conspiracy you discuss, the IDEA of open disclosure in the realm of UFO's is one the entire world awaits with baited breath.................we ~ALL HUMANS~ wait for the shoe to drop so to say, and SERPO could very well have been that shoe....at least it looked like it was.......so people dropped everything and anything and read and posted on THAT thread.......

This is my take on it.....

..................either that or TC and his mind control minions just plain FORCED us to read/post on SERPO without our concious consent......

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

This is my take on it.....

..................either that or TC and his mind control minions just plain FORCED us to read/post on SERPO without our concious consent......

oh no, i dind't think about that...... i think you are right and Mr. Clean i mean Mr. T.C. is controlling our minds.........

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It goes with that the majority of the members are interested in, or what catches their eye.

There are an immense amount of gems in these forums that go hardly noticed.... But then sometimes someone posts on a dead thread and it picks up speed again.

Happens all the time.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to the Serpo thread, but one thing I noticed is that some people had telephone communications (and there was the podcast interview) with the involved people. I think that direct communication with relevant individuals would be a positive thing to do for future discussions on various topics. It's always better to get things straight from the source and to be able to ask them specific questions rather than taking someone else's interpretation of it.

Just an idea.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There are some topics where staff members and members themselves have done this, using the telephone to communicate with X person to talk about a topic and confirm his/her statements.

The problem is that it doesn't always work.

I tried to communicate, by email, with the owner of the company that cleaned up ground zero after 9/11 to see if it was true that "there were molten pools of steel in ground zero for weeks," I only received a response from his secretary (can't recall his name right now) saying the owner had already responded to this question. He seemed to be tired of people asking so many conspiracy questions, he just wanted to concentrate on his job. That's what i got from the emails i recieved from his secretary.

Anyways, some people are just busy and want to concentrate on more down-to-earth tasks, so we won't always get answers.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

join