It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and Cuba, missle crisis II?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accepted an invitation to visit Cuba from President Fidel Castro, in gratitude for Cuba's support of Iran's nuclear program, the official Granma newspaper said on Tuesday.

www.hindustantimes.com...

Is it really such a stretch that Iran could try to set up missles in Cuba or Venzuela?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, first Iran would have to somehow ship those missles to Cuba.

The West has developed far better recon methods over the years since the Cuban missle crisis. The US did not have spy sats back in 1962, you'll remember our best asset was the old U2.

Any attempt to transport anything that even looked like a missle component from Iran to Cuba would be turned back by US naval forces.

Further, I seriously doubt that Castro, eager not to be cut off from the world economy, would risk the ill-will allowing Iranian misssles on Cuban soil would engender. Once burned, twice learned.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I doubt Bush has the patience or compassion to deal with a Cuban Missle Crisis Part II. It took a lot of both on JFKs part not to just melt the whole island. I doubt Bush will be the same. He wouldnt tolerate the threat.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
SOCOM and CENTCOM are in Tampa, Fl, just across the bay from me. Tampa is also one of the largest shipping ports in the nation. These would be targets but suicide if Cuba attempted any bravado or threats. Granted they still have nothing to lose because of current economic sanctions, but would Castro attempt one last stand? Let's jsut hope venezuela stays out of it too.

Personally, I hope something "happens" to him while he is in Cuba, like a Cuban 'revo(cia)lutionary' taking a "shot" at asking him some questions.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I only hope that the will of the Cuban people is being done, which I doubt. This is all we can hope for any nation.

Hopefully when Castro is gone we can cease this stupid embargo so I can have a good cigar and the Cubans can visit Disney World. Ahhh...Utopia.

top topics

join