It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDS Cure Found - CSA-54

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Scientists at an AIDS conference in Denver announced that they might have a possible cure for the HIV/AIDS virus. A new compound invented by Paul D. Savage of Brigham Young University called CSA-54 has showed early signs of destroying HIV at the molecular membrane level. Although the scientists claim that the early results have to be verified they are still very excited. As well as fighting the HIV/AIDS virus they believe it would just as effective against other diseases.

www.sltrib.com
Researchers, including a BYU scientist, believe they have found a new compound that could finally kill the HIV/AIDS virus, not just slow it down as current treatments do.

Although so far limited to early test tube studies, CSA-54, one of a family of compounds called Ceragenins (or CSAs), mimics the disease-fighting characteristics of anti-microbial and anti-viral agents produced naturally by a healthy human immune system.

We are encouraged . . . that CSAs may provide a completely unique family of anti-infectives, potentially active against a wide range of viral, fungal and bacterial targets, including those resistant to current therapies," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well I found this story kind of buried I think because I havent seen it yet in any other news sites. I think this is very good news and if the scientists do have this compound and it is adabtable to other viruses then this is amazing. I just hope that it isnt just hype and is what they claim. This is excellent news

Related News Links:
www.medicalnewstoday.com

[edit on 8-2-2006 by North Rider]

[edit on 8-2-2006 by North Rider]

join