It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any prophecy that predicts a war between Christianity and Islam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Prophecy. There is always a prophecy, it would seem, that foretells every event of not. Usually, however, these prophecies are announced after the fact, it would seem. Nevertheless, is there prophecy from the Christian perspective and the Islamic perspective that would indicate a war between religions and a clash between the Western cultures and the Arab culture?

Christianity has a great tradition of prophecy. What about Islam? Does Islam have prophecy that foretells of a great battle between these faiths?, between these cultures?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I believe Nostradamus predicts that Islam will try to take over Europe, If you run a search on this site I'm sure you'll find it!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Albert Pike predicted the 3 World Wars.

Pike was said to be a Satanist, who indulged in the occult, and he apparently possessed a bracelet which he used to summon Lucifer, with whom he had constant communication. He was the Grand Master of a Luciferian group known as the Order of the Palladium (or Sovereign Council of Wisdom), which had been founded in Paris in 1737. Palladism had been brought to Greece from Egypt by Pythagoras in the fifth century, and it was this cult of Satan that was introduced to the inner circle of the Masonic lodges. It was aligned with the Palladium of the Templars.

Albert Pike received a vision, which he described in a letter that he wrote to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871. This letter graphically outlined plans for three world wars that were seen as necessary to bring about the One World Order, and we can marvel at how accurately it has predicted events that have already taken place.
"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Trim Quotes – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
For anyone interested in the contemporary "mind" of apocalyptic in Islam I would recommend "Contemporary Muslim Apocalyptic Literature" by David Cook, a Professor of Religious Studies at Rice University. (2005, Syracuse University Press) and available through Amazon.

Islamic apocalyptic seems to be based primarily on the Hadith, and, as with Christian interpretations of prophetic material, will vary according to the sect doing the interpreting, or the author doing the writing. Cook's work focuses on Sunni Islam's interpretations.

As far as I can tell, there are varying apocalyptic roles for America in Sunni thought, but the overriding theme seems to be one of the "Hidden Zionist Conspiracy" which posits the Jews as the hidden manipulators of world events, ala the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"
Some writers even go so far as to acknowledge the spuriousness of the Protocols while insisting that the underlying thesis is true.

America is considered as under the control of "Zionists" and, therefore, its eschatological fate is wrapped up with that of Israel which, from the Muslim perspective, is going to end badly for the Israeli's and other "Zionists".
Opinions vary as to whether this involves a war, a series of natural and supernatural calamities, or a combination of both.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Genesis 16: 12 is about God's Angel telling Hagar her son to Abram (Ishmael) would be a wild ass of a man. His hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand will be against him; and before the face of all his brothers he will tabernacle.

Abraham had 6 more sons to Keturah but he gave everything to Isaac.

It is very interesting that Isaac led to the Judeo-Christian nations and Ishmael to 'Arab' (Islamic) nations who can't seem get along among themselves unless they're fighting non-Islamics, who they've also chosen to live "before the face of", as well as having their 'homelands' in the middle of everyone else.

I do find it odd that folk curious about the state of play between Islam and Christianity/Israel so often look to every predictor but the Bible, which explains the beginning and end of "the children of Abraham".

There is alot more detail to this situation explained in the Bible but I won't get into them lest some of the too many and active anti-Christians use any detail I leave out to turn this into another Christian bashing thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Genesis 16: 12 is about God's Angel telling Hagar her son to Abram (Ishmael) would be a wild ass of a man. His hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand will be against him; and before the face of all his brothers he will tabernacle.

It is very interesting that Isaac led to the Judeo-Christian nations and Ishmael to 'Arab' (Islamic) nations who can't seem get along among themselves unless they're fighting non-Islamics, who they've also chosen to live "before the face of", as well as having their 'homelands' in the middle of everyone else.

Interesting, Ill have to read that passage.

And about the second point you made.. I think 23 out of the 27 or so major conflicts around the world right now - those 23 are muslims not getting along with the natives of the country they're living in. Theres the phillipines where they're beheading christians and france where they're rioting, africa where they rape then murder and non-muslim woman; and they even fight just between themselves. For a "religion of peace" they're not very peaceful.

In a book on angles that I have it states that every country has its own angel in charge of it, like a guardian angel for the country. Michael is Israel's angel. Anyways God was traveling the world and wanted to pass through Persia, but the angel in charge of Persia was a fallen angel and wouldnt let him through. God let michael fight the fallen angel and I guess God went through. Its interesting that God didnt just smite the evil angel right there, but more interesting is that an ancient story about of angels has the guardian angel of Persia being a fallen angel or devil. Its probably not far from the truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan

First of all, there is nothing that says Islam=Arab. So everybody using Ishmael doesnt have credibility from the jump. What about the Chinese Muslims, the Afghan Muslims, the Russian Muslims, the white Muslims, the Berber Muslims, the Persian Muslims, the African Muslims, the Indonesian Muslims etc etc. Please, all yall need to stop watching tv because Arab Muslims arent even the majority in America and probably not even on this planet.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Stunkums]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
And about the second point you made.. I think 23 out of the 27 or so major conflicts around the world right now - those 23 are muslims not getting along with the natives of the country they're living in.

I assume your race is caucausion/white. But how exactly have you treated natives in the past to even have the gaul to accuse anyone else? How many Native American women got raped and murdered? Its so bad you dont even see Natives anymore. Then you went war with other European nations for land that wasnt never your's until you came over. (hence all the Spanish, English etc conflicts over New World territory) is it okay because youve done it but when somebody else does the same thing its a big outrage? Youre the most unpeaceful people on the face of the earth, only reason you arent making up the majority of the conflict is because youve ran out of places to colonize and take over.

Mod Note: Please Trim Quotes – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is there suppose to be a christian(western)/muslim battle? Sure why not when there are plenty of battles which are predicted. The other major battle is the east/west war.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Skunkums, what's your beef?
Should I go and tell all Mid.Eastern natives they can no longer claim their decendancy from Abraham?
Is your problem that I only mentioned one group by name?
Should I have listed every nationality a Moslem has ever belonged to, with timeline and maps of all their movements?
Should I have stated that Islam comes from the Mid.East but not all Islamics are Mid.Eastern?....OOh, but that's not right, scientists still want us to believe we all come from there abouts.

No, I think you just didn't like the, "wild ass of a man" bit, and may be a little inclined to have a negative opinion of 'white folk's' opinions. Your railling on ViolatoR really did make you sound quite the committed racist. The poor chap wasn't accusing anyone, just stating the conflicts 'currently' in the world, but you'ld send him 'back in time' to 'fix' history.

Now ViolatoR didn't have a problem picking up on the racial/religious violence in our, Pacific region, he understood that, starting way back in Abraham's time, 'till now, alot of people moved and mixed with alot of other people. I did mention that there was alot more detail and as this subject would fill more books than could be digested, I figured just pointing out a passage that tied to the question of the thread was enough.

You know the sad thing, is all those anti-Christians going around telling folk Christianity is some, 'white, elitist, racist' religion. All the tribes of Israel were scattered around the whole world, among all people and will be regathered. God knows His own, even if they're a white, black man or a black, white man and don't know it themselves.

Sorry, can't drop this just yet; when you told ViolatoR, "You're the most unpeacefull people on the face of the earth..." what 'people' did you mean, the 'War Mongers' (on 'both' sides) who sent their 'people' to war against their will, those Iraqs now fighting each other (before they get their invaders out) or all those 'whites', like the British, Australian and American 'people' peacefully protesting for an end to this insanity?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The prophecies are still too clouded in the details. I think we will know soon though (at the moment things look bad).

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
According to one site I read, from what it said was that (In the islamic end times), the person the Muslims believe is Jesus would lead them in a fight against all non-muslims. I could be wrong about that, but the site then made the point, (as they were drawing parallels with the book of revelation) that this person would actually be the anti christ. Of course the anti christ would need followers, and to join militant islam wouldn't be that great to many people, but thats what the site said.

Edit: I found the site
Koran and Bible prophecy

[edit on 4-4-2006 by apex]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No, they claim their Caliph is returning to kill the Jews and enslave Christianity. Shiites do. Sunnis I'm not too sure. Jesus is a pathetic puppet of Allah in the Quran, a mere shadow of a shadow of what he truly is.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

As predicted, two ancient peoples are at the center of the controversy, the Arabs and the Israelites. The Arabs call the land Palestine. The Israelites call it by its ancient name, Israel. There are unique and extraordinary circumstances in the history of these people, which cause much misunderstanding by most people today.

First, they both originated from the same forefather – Abraham – 4,000 years ago. The Israelites, commonly called "Jews" today, descended from Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. The Arabs descended from Abraham through Ishmael and Esau.

Second, God chose Abraham's line through Isaac and Jacob to be the recipients of several covenants that established them as his special representatives on earth. Basically they were chosen for the following purposes:

www.hallindseyoracle.com...

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is an excellent topic. It is a fascinating fact that the Islamic prophecies for their coming Messiah, paints him to be another conquering warlord called Imam Mahdi. It turns out that these 'prophecies' are remarkably similar to Biblical prophecies concerning the coming antichrist. Here is a site that goes into some more detail
answering-islam.org.uk...

I believe that Islam is a very important thread, carefully nurtured by the devil, to play a potential future role as the world antichrist kingdom. Thus, under this scenario, for a brief horrific time, Islam will truly rule the world. I came to a similar conclusion independently from the author of the site, but for different reasons. My arguments from Biblical prophecy are these,

1) The kingdom of the antichrist must come from the old Roman empire, which includes europe and largely Muslim controled N. Africa and the middle east. (See Daniel 9:26)

2) If europe is the center of the antichrist kingdom, as suggested by the Bible, then the future of europe is the future of the antichrist. Within 30-40 years europe will be predominantly Muslim by sheer demographics. The europeans committed cultural and demographic suicide when they invited hordes of christian and jew hating Muslims to live in their lands and made no attempt to evangelize them or assimilate them into their dying decadent culture. Too bad for us I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think Europe would fit the bill of the anti-christ based upon what europeans believe and not some immigrants. Besides the Roman Empire wasn't Islamic.
cbn.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
I think Europe would fit the bill of the anti-christ based upon what europeans believe and not some immigrants. Besides the Roman Empire wasn't Islamic.
cbn.com...

Yes and in this article they note that europe's sad moral vacuum is rapidly being filled by Islamic fundamentalism. So the antichrist will find a ready home in a post christian europe.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Actually the article doesn't state that at all. It talks about Islam's advance but the main point refers to Europe's New Age faith with its moral relativism which IMO would be perfect for an anti-christ. Also new age is closer to pagan, if not actually pagan which is what the Roman Empire was. The talk about Islam was just speculation, which is why the article said Islam or Christianity as the next faith.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
Actually the article doesn't state that at all. It talks about Islam's advance but the main point refers to Europe's New Age faith with its moral relativism which IMO would be perfect for an anti-christ. Also new age is closer to pagan, if not actually pagan which is what the Roman Empire was. The talk about Islam was just speculation, which is why the article said Islam or Christianity as the next faith.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

Well here's a quote from the article.

One writer described Europe, today, as a “majority of Christian atheists and a minority of Muslim fanatics.” That’s an exaggeration. But there is a spiritual void on the continent that Islam waits to fill.

It was this void in the life of a Belgian woman, a former drug addict named Muriel DeGauque, that caused her to convert to Islam, go to Iraq and blow herself up trying to kill U.S. troops.

Pastor Esterman said, “I have been an eyewitness to France becoming increasingly Islamicized. There is no longer an ability to morally resist a strong culture like Islam coming into the country.”

The tendency for those who study Biblical prophecy is to fit the current situation to what we understand Biblical prophecy is telling us. The current situation is that europe is a largely atheist, anti christian society. However a countertrend is inevitable. Europe will be Muslim within a generation, even if they do not allow any more Muslim immigrants. It's a matter of demographics. These hedonists do not reproduce and the Muslims do. Moreover they are converting the poor empty souls of the europeans to their cause, since they have been innoculated against christianity by their dead churches, and the Muslims are there to fill the void.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join