It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly does a podcast have to do with an ipod?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Pretty simply question here. I'm looking at the podcasts, and seeing that they're simply recordings that people have put onto their computer and made a post out of... So what does it have to do with ipods? I know that ipods HAVE software for recording, but you don't need an ipod to make a podcast. What's the deal?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What Pod? What Cast?!?

Originally posted by Herman
I know that ipods HAVE software for recording, but you don't need an ipod to make a podcast. What's the deal?

"What's the deal?!?"

Sorry, I had a Seinfeld moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

D

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Pretty simply question here. I'm looking at the podcasts, and seeing that they're simply recordings that people have put onto their computer and made a post out of... So what does it have to do with ipods? I know that ipods HAVE software for recording, but you don't need an ipod to make a podcast. What's the deal?

Nothing more than a gimmicky name to push an idea to the everyday consumer who may have few or no idea about digital media and owns and iPod.

Podcast: Someone had the revolutionary idea of taking a compressed audio file and putting it online. Yeah, doesn't sound so sexy when I describe it for what it is, does it you morons? It would have been a great idea if streaming audio wasn't already around for over a decade before the word "podcast" entered the lexicon. Man, I can't stand the word "lexicon." Talking about all these #ty words has made me start using #ty words. I'm so pissed, I just slammed the door shut on some kid's nuts.

Courtesy of Maddox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
What Pod? What Cast?!?

I know that ipods HAVE software for recording, but you don't need an ipod to make a podcast. What's the deal?

"What's the deal?!?"

Sorry, I had a Seinfeld moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Haha, Seinfeld's Great. So it really doesn't have anything to do with Ipods...suprising!

Maddox is pretty funny, too. Too bad he hasn't updated yet like he's supposed to today!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I felt the same way Herman. However, if you think about it, ipods make things different insofar as they, especially in combination with iTunes, are a way to manage and update all your podcast feeds.

With a regular mp3 player, you'd download and then move files to the mp3 player as a drive. But with iPods, you are doing something that is more like 'synchronizing' the feeds automatically.

But they are definitly not needed to listen to podcasts, which, as you note, are just audio files, usually mp3s.

top topics

join