It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence regarding Saddam's WMDs - Feb. 17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search and couldn't find anything on this article...

SADDAM'S PERSONAL TAPES TO BE UNVEILED

A former military intelligence analyst, who currently works as a civilian contractor, believes he has found a cache of extremely confidential--and very shocking--audio recordings of Saddam Hussein's office meetings. The audiotapes, which had apparently been overlooked, were found in a warehouse along with many other untranslated Iraqi intelligence files. These tapes are extremely significant, since they may be the best evidence yet of Saddam's secret intentions concerning weapons of mass destruction.

Before 9/11, many intelligence experts were convinced that a very strong and important Iraqi WMD connection existed, only to change their minds when no concrete evidence of that connection could be uncovered in the three years following the beginning of Iraqi war.

Because of the considerable historical importance of this stunning recent development, the contractor who obtained and reviewed these tapes plans to release them to the public on February 17, 2006 at the Intelligence Summitsm, a non-partisan, non-profit conference open to the public, scheduled to be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Virginia that weekend.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Finally, we may have some proof "from the horse's mouth" so to speak that WMDs did exist in Iraq. I've always had a hard time believing that so many countries had bad intelligence or were influenced by the Bush administration, this may finally put that argument to rest.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Also, due to the presence of this new evidence, the House has reopened the investigation.

House Reopens Issue of Iraq's WMD

Nearly a year and a half after a final report from American weapons inspectors concluded they could not uncover evidence of stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has reopened the question, launching an inquiry and asking the director of national intelligence to re-examine the issue.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I notice the site doesn't claim the tapes have actual evidence of WMDs on them. The exact wording is :

These tapes are extremely significant, since they may be the best evidence yet of Saddam's secret intentions concerning weapons of mass destruction.

The only other sites I could find that mention these tapes refer back to the original source. Since that is a summit that requires paid admission (albeit non-profit), I would have to consider it a possible "teaser".

It also seems that the House is re-opening the investigation is unrelated to these tapes. There is no mention of them in the source article. While I think it would be great if there is evidence of WMDs on these tapes, I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
That's possible, but the "may" may also be due to the unconfirmed status of the tapes. Reading through the promo, it sounded like experts in voice analysis will analyze the tape there to both show how it's done and prove or disprove it's legitimacy.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to wait it out; we only have 10 more days

Also, if you want to, you can get in for free to the expo, then ask questions. I'm guessing the tapes will be discussed and analyzed in one of the "classes" you have to pay for, but the folks who attended the class will be out and about on the expo floor afterwards!

Nice find, by the way.
Hope it's not a lot of hype to get our pocket books open...But then there's part of me that hopes it is a lot of hype in case the WMDs do exist and were sent to Syria instead burried in the ground like so many aircraft we have found (well, only about 30 or 40 stored burried in the sand).

[edit on 2/8/06/08 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The outcome of the analysis will be interesting.
What is on the tapes?
It is pointless to speculate. As for Iraqs WMDs Im not going to comment after all I have seen enough supports of the war grasping at straws.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe they'll find the missing 18 minutes from Nixon's Watergate tapes.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We all know Saddam had WMDs he used them on Iran and on the Kurds.

But did we go to war then? No.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Pentagon does have the tech to replicate voices to a tee.

A cached 1999 news article from the Washington Post.

So, we'll have physical evidence vs. a leap of faith that the Pentagon isn't up to another round of propoganda, especially so close to an addition invasion.

Or do U.S. citizens not believe in American propoganda anymore?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Someone told me that the Sean Hannity radio show had an interview with Saddam's former cheif of the Air Force. This guy (The Iraqi) claimed that the Iraqi's borrowed Tu-22 transports from Russia and a bunch of sixteen wheelers from French developement firms and carted the WMD's into Syria where the Syrian military took official control of the weapons and are hiding them somewhere.
I didn't hear this exact report but I remember working at Sears a couple of years ago with an Iraqi man named Mohammed Butt (Dead serious on his last name) who claimed that very thing happened as he lived in Iraq prior to the invasion.

new topics

top topics

join