It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

x box 360 vs. ps3 vs nintendo rev

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ive the played King Kong on the 360. nice graphics.
oh, and by the way... go spam!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well form what ve seen of the ps3 graphics its gonna blow the 360 outta the water adn ff13 cmon what more do you need,
oh yeah i forgot the none repeats of halo 3-27 fable and doom, yippee(sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hmmm... I saw a demo disc of the PS3 in action today. The first thing I thought was "Oh my God, those graphics would make God's eyes bleed!" I stared in utter amazement for a few beautiful minutes, struck by the level of detail and realism. Then I noticed something which should have been obvious from the start. The demo was running in Windows Media Player, on a PC. I had no way of knowing whether or not the demo was genuine in-game footage or more of Sony's fabled "This is what we anticipate the games will look like" pre-rendered CG programming.

To be honest, I don't care which console wins this little war. In my time, I've owned Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Atari and everything in between. I still remember with fondness the vaunted struggle between the SNES and the SEGA Megadrive (or Genesis, for my American cousins) to see which of those beasts would be the greatest console of all time.

The fact is, all three consoles are going to be stunning. With these kind of launches, it's too easy to get caught up in the hype surrounding graphics and sheer processing power. Even now I marvel at the fact that we enjoyed gaming without the power of multiple terraflops of power. Good games are good games. The PS3 is going to have some outstanding games, but so will the 360 and the Wii. So doff your fanboy loyalty to one console over another. Pick the one with the lineup that appeals to you the most. For me, this is the 360 solely - I admit it - for Halo 3. I acknowledge that the PS3 will probably have better graphics, but they're wasted if the games aren't what I want to play. Every time you rave about how much more powerful the PS3 is or how much better the 360 games look, think about what you'll be playing in 10 years time and how silly you'll remember yourself being when you look back.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hey i still play ff7 adn im sure in 10 years time ill still be playing final fantasy 13. Another great game is assasins creed.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm planning on getting a 360 in November...Since (I believe) thats when the PS3 & Nintendo are released...which (I’m assuming) will make the 360's price tag get dropped...I'm hoping to around $300. Microsoft has said to expect a "surprise", I'm hoping for a good low price, or a good bundle package...I hope the "surprise" isn't a 360 & HD-DVD bundle...since I'm not interested in owning a hd-dvd player (or BD).

Besides, another good thing about waiting is its giving the hacking & modding world time to do there thing.

Heres a look at how the PS3 will look compared to current systems...I still think it looks good from some angles...and utter crap in other angles.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
PS2 to USB stuff has existed for a few years. Ask anyone who plays Stepmania (derivative of DDR). Those peoples is crazy.

Anyway, my two cents on this debate. I think the PS3 has the most potential of all the systems. The XBox360 seems a good reliable system that isn't going far out of the bounds of normal. The Revolution/Wii (what a dumb name, Wii) has some potential for new ways of looking at games. It could revolution how games are played whereas PS3 would revolutionize how they perform. I've heard the video game developer's are having problems being able to emulate the PS3's performance because the Cell is too different. It's processing ability can be friggin' enormous. Nintendo is going for the niche market and I think they've got it cornered pretty well. The Wii will only enforce that. I'm not saying Link and Mario are bad, but I believe they tend to be focused on a younger audience. You also have to look at who the companies are targeting. Nintendo is going for younger people while Microsoft and Sony are going for older people (18+). Here's to expendable income

Have a linky: Link to way to much information on the Cell processor

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Personally I think that this generation there will be less multiformat games due to the high cost to create games and he difference between the systems.
The Wii is pathetic powerwise but has potential for osme real innovative games wiht the new controller.
The 360 is more powerful but well nothing more to say really it has some good games probably(just kidding it does)
The PS3 is gobsmackingly powerful (until the nxt nxt gen anyway) and uses another kind of remote.
These differences emna it will be really hard to port games and becasue of the hig costs now associated wiht gaming (consoles hdtvs games etc) people will have to choose a single console, when parents go shopping for Xmas presents theyll be drawn to the Wii unless told by the kids what they want and since theyre not footing the bill the kid will choose the PS3. The war over older gamers is more intense (teenagers and onwards) Chavs will go straight for the PS3 (making up 90% of the population in Britain) thos dubbed sony fanboys will et the PS3 also but there will still be many buying all the consoles.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the Xbox360 (owning one myself) and the Nintedo Revolution (Wii) will do quite well...PS3...i'm not so sure...with a high price, yet well worth it, still...It does have some great exclusives such as Metal Gear Solid 4 (definately looking awesome), FF, and Assassins Creed...

Xbox360 already has Oblivion, Halo 3 looks promising, Gears of War looks great, and actually what i'm looking forward to comming out for it is called "XNA". I was recently told about this by a friends dad who is a programmer...What it does is, you make games on your computer, and then play them on your xbox360, also being able to share them with your friends and the xbox community...Its free, and I must say, that sounds pretty awesome!

Nintedo Revolution (Wii) has a great idea with the Motion Sensing type controller and the price of course is great ($150 US). The new Super Smash Bros. Brawl, looks really awesome. The new Zelda of course looks stunning to...I think it will do well

Only PS3 is skeptical in my mind...The expensive price, and I think it should have came out earlier...But if that means perfection, I guess it was great to wait...I guess we'll only be able to wait and see...

-AITM89

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
The PS3 is gobsmackingly powerful (until the nxt nxt gen anyway) and uses another kind of remote.

gobsmackingly powerful??? ah, no.

Its a little better then the 360...and not by much.

Microsoft is giving you (the consumer) a CHOICE of wether you want a next-gen disc drive...while Sony isn't, there forcing you to pay the price if you want the PS3...the PS3 isn't really expensive just because of the cell processor...a large part is the blu-ray drive. Which is a feature I have no need for. I'm fine with dvd's for a couple more years...at which point I plan on buying a dual-format player.
Oh...and in case you didn't notice...the remote hardly changed...They are using the same design that they came out with during the PS1 era...all they have changed is giving it a pretty un-useful gyroscope-like feature...and ditched the rumble.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

gobsmackingly powerful??? ah, no.

Its a little better then the 360...and not by much.

Microsoft is giving you (the consumer) a CHOICE of wether you want a next-gen disc drive...while Sony isn't, there forcing you to pay the price if you want the PS3...the PS3 isn't really expensive just because of the cell processor...a large part is the blu-ray drive. Which is a feature I have no need for. I'm fine with dvd's for a couple more years...at which point I plan on buying a dual-format player.
Oh...and in case you didn't notice...the remote hardly changed...They are using the same design that they came out with during the PS1 era...all they have changed is giving it a pretty un-useful gyroscope-like feature...and ditched the rumble.

It is almost twice as powerful as the 360.
And when you csot it up adding all the extras toa 360 the cost gets pretty clsoe to that of a PS3 without adding in a bluray drive. BY another kind of remote a meant from the 360 and Wii adnwas refering to the 'pretty un-useful gyroscope-like feature' whihc is different and may make it very hard to port a game from the PS3 to one of the others.
Although the bluray drive is sony wanting to help themselves in the dvd war it is also a great idea for gaming. Why have a game on a dual layer dvd when you could have 3 of them (or one 3 times the size) on a dual layer blu ray disk.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And when you csot it up adding all the extras toa 360 the cost gets pretty clsoe to that of a PS3 without adding in a bluray drive.

Please post a credible link the stats the PS3 has twice thes power of the X360.

Ans what extras are you talking about??? games? Controllers? Camera? Memory Cards? Etc? Cause if thats the case then the same could be done with the PS3.

Or are you refering to the HD-DVD drive add-on which will come out in a couple months, and will be around $200? Microsoft is giving you a choice...One that I will pass on.

Choice is good...hopefully someday Sony learns that.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

And when you csot it up adding all the extras toa 360 the cost gets pretty clsoe to that of a PS3 without adding in a bluray drive.

Please post a credible link the stats the PS3 has twice thes power of the X360.

Ans what extras are you talking about??? games? Controllers? Camera? Memory Cards? Etc? Cause if thats the case then the same could be done with the PS3.

Or are you refering to the HD-DVD drive add-on which will come out in a couple months, and will be around $200? Microsoft is giving you a choice...One that I will pass on.

Choice is good...hopefully someday Sony learns that.

Well the extras im refering to are the wifi bigger hdd etc, I an provide the pricing if people want.
Also if you want proof the PS3 is more powerful read any gaming magazine, failing that there are these sites
www.audioholics.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
and im sure there are many toher sites as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join