It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

x box 360 vs. ps3 vs nintendo rev

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
hmmmmm i wonder what system do people like better? the x box 360 which is pretty nice...... ps3 hell ya on my list or nintendo revolution, the remote looks hard but anyway next so do you think?
ps3 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by pointlessness]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well...I would get a Xbox360 if they had Oblivion out. That's what I'm waiting for to be honest. PS3? I dunno what to think about that. But to me it looks like a breadbin. A futuristic breadbin, but still a breadbin. Haven't seen any in-game graphics on it yet. Until then, I'd wait to see what it's like. The Revolution interests me most I have to admit. How there gonna work it out, I dunno. But it's probebly gonna be good.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Im taking a "wait and see" stance on the new consoles. Im not impressed by the 360, the PS3 looks to be nothing special, and the Revolution...well we'll have to see.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If you had seen the detail involved with the Unreal Graphics engine, and a short playing of the Best Game Ever, IMO, which is the new Unreal Tournament 2007... it is clear that PS3 will blow both the others out of the water... or at least that one game will. I can't weait... just a few more months....

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
xbox360 looks fine, but ps3 is just being meeeeeeeaaaaan !

i mean the bloody thing can render HDR lightning in smooth framerate on gazzilion polys, and the meshes cast shadows onto themselves. I just watched the presentation on video.google.com (straight off the development kit) yesterday and i was stunned. Those japanese are nutz

This is not a game console anymore,its a friggin supercomputer and i want to run my 3d proggies on it !!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
None, I like computers

Best computer has 4teraflops of floating point performance!

[edit on 10/2/06 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the PS3 will have the advantage in not coming out alongside the 360, so they have time to fine tune the starting lineup which is very important for a successful launch. If they can bring at least three outstanding titles with launch its going to make the 360 look pale in comparison which seemed to have a somewhat paltry offering when it shipped.

Nintendo is going to be the one to watch this time around since they have the most to loose and the most to gain. Their controller is a real stretch for innovation but givent thier history with the Wavebirds I think they can make it happen. Honestly I think nintendo faces being pushed out of the console market in this round unless they really pull off some amazing things like shooting for a more mature audienece this time around. They improved somewhat with the cube but their needs to be some serious carnage games and an overally break away from the more docile nintendo format of old.

If I had to place it I would probably call it Sony in the lead, with a struggle for second between Nintendo and MS mainly due to a faltering launch by MS and a hopefully mind-blowing launch by Nintendo.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well PS3 is looking to be the most powerful of the 3 systems and the Revolution the weakest in terms of power. Nintendo seems to have went a different route not focusing on raw power like Sony and Microsoft but rather innovation and a cheaper price. Its a risk but it could pay off.

Personally im going to get a PS3 as my main system and if the Revolution is cheap enough get that as a secondary system mainly to play all my old favorites on NES,SNES and N64 which they claim you will be able to download and play on the revolution. I still have my NES. SNES and N64 but it would be so much easier that way plus I could pick up games I never got around too.

PS3 will be my main choice though.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
hey pointlessness,... have you seen the other controllers compared to the 360's??? ps3's controller looks like something out of batmans tool belt.. and who would wanna play video games with a remote? can you imagine playing a racing or fast action game with a remote? it would be screwed up.
and what one game would be exiting on ps3? another sequel to a multiplatform game.. thats all playstations got, sequels. metal gear solid 10 coming to stores near you. so exiting. mocrisoft is way better at controllers, consoles and games.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrowingConspiracy
and what one game would be exiting on ps3? another sequel to a multiplatform game.. thats all playstations got, sequels. metal gear solid 10 coming to stores near you. so exiting. mocrisoft is way better at controllers, consoles and games.

Dont try to single out Sony for being sequel happy Nintendo and Micosoft are just as bad. The most hyped and anticapted XBOX360 game is Halo 3 what a shocker a sequel.

Halo 3, 4 and 5 comming to a 360 near you.

And Nintendo will be riding the Mario and Link for many more years aswell.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
[edit on 12-2-2006 by GrowingConspiracy]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i would much rather play a GOOD game with SIMPLE controls like halo 3 then a game like metal gear solid 5 or rainbow 7 with the complicated triangle square and circle combinations and jargon. and halo is not a multiplatform game.... thats what i was complaining about on ps3. microsoft is better you know you waaaant it.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by GrowingConspiracy]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The ps3 controller is said to be designed a bit like a sterring wheel for comfort, personally I can't wait for the ps3 release.
My brother has an xbox 360 and I didn't think it was that special, and i hear the revolutions remote will have motion sensors which could be interesting but im not to keen on the idea.

do any of you know anything about the ps3 release date? i heard at the e3 expo they said spring 2006, but they way things look at the moment I don't see it being released in japan untill summer, then america around november, then finally europe around march 2007, which would suck. unless they do a worldwide launch

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
AMD 64 Quad SLI with 4 that FOUR NVidia 7800 GTO Graphics cards with DDR3 GRam.

That is gonna be my next video game system

[edit on 14-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
AMD 64 Quad SLI with 4 that FOUR NVidia 7800 GTO Graphics cards with DDR3 GRam.

That is gonna be my next video game system

AMEN BROTHA!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like the 360 the best.

If Nintendo can pull off having there next-gen system play new games and all of the old ones theres just no possible way that they wont rake in the money, they will get the Nintendo fanboys, and the people who want a new system...but dont want to sell there soul to get it, and the people who want a second gaming system on the cheap. And then theres the crowd who likes simple games...like the classic ones, they dont want it to be all complicated where you need to master the controls just to play the game. And the Revolution price tag is currently speculated at $200!!! If thats true...then Sony & Microsoft could get a big upset.

Now Sony (& 360), Theres no doubt that Playstation is the "top dog", and at the moment...I dont see them loosing that status. From what I've seen, the PS3 will be the most powerful of all 3 systems.....But my personal opinion is that they are doing to much. They have a Blu-ray drive in it...which has no use today, Blu-Ray Disc (BD) will still be awhile before it (if it does) catch on...So for the first 2 or so years...that feature will do nothing for everyone...except make the system cost more. It will have no HDD, while the 360 has a 20gb HDD, which for me would be plenty of room for all my songs and saved games. However…I don’t plan on buying a 360 until its being hacked…Because I want it to include one more feature…DVR (& I want it in Black…which is inevitably going to happen, but likely a few months away).
Many believe that the PS3 is behind schedule…since it was originally going to be released in Japan in spring…and spring is fast approaching, and Sony isn’t showing it off yet…and from everything I’ve read…Sony is behind. While Microsoft’s problem is that they cant keep up with demand…Which they should of expected since they released it to the world with nowhere near its proper supply on hand, Microsoft says that in 4-6 weeks the Xbox 360 shortage will be a thing of the past. The 360 is doing pretty good though, as off around mid Jan they have sold 1.5 million.
My biggest problem with the PS3 is that they have showed nothing new of it since E3…HEY SONY WAKE UP, Its 2006…You Know, They Year You Said The PS3 Would Be Released! I have seen nothing new on it…that even included pictures of the console…which every time it was on display (like at E3) it had a “Conceptual Design” sign next to it??? SO it might look different then what we all think…The PS3 looks great at some angles…then utter garbage at different angles. And the controller is odd…But who knows, I’m trying not to judge it until I can hold it, It would be cool though if (like the Revolution) it had a gyroscope in it, and could use it also as a steering wheel.

Anywho, I think I’m done rambling.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No console has even had world wide dominance for 3 consoles in a row. It looks like that trend will continue. Methinks this delay is being directly caused by the controller redesign. Why oh why do they think they gotta fix something that ain't broke
The PS2 controller was perfect and is pretty much standard for PC's now(well the nockoffs are)

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sony was actually forced in changing the controller via a law suit regarding the Dual Shock technology they were using, thus the funkdafied controllers. Although if were lucky the ports will be backwards compatible so we can jack in old school controllers (and more importantly the special controller for Guitar Hero!).

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Nope, no backwards compatiblity as they are wireless. I think you may be able to hack it in as it does come with USB ports so you would probably need an adapter.

Also are you serious? Since when are asymetrical flywheels patented? They should be public domain by now as *ahem* "Body Part Stimulators" have been around for almost as long as electricty has been around. I smell a bogus patent... unless it was a crappy software patent or some such.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Nope, no backwards compatiblity as they are wireless. I think you may be able to hack it in as it does come with USB ports so you would probably need an adapter.

Also are you serious? Since when are asymetrical flywheels patented? They should be public domain by now as *ahem* "Body Part Stimulators" have been around for almost as long as electricty has been around. I smell a bogus patent... unless it was a crappy software patent or some such.

It wont be long until a adapter comes out the the PS2 controller working in the USB slot.

and heres a link if you want to learn about the controller lawsuit.
FYI, its about the rumble feature...not the controller design. Nintendo has a different rumbling motork, so there ok, and Microsoft has allready paid the company a fee (36 mill)...while Sony is fighting it...So far they spent over 90 mill.

heres a quote from the link

However, the court does put a preliminary licensing fee in place, so Sony is currently paying Immersion for every PS2, Dual Shock controller, and appropriate software going out the door.

Immersion v. Sony - The Breakdown

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join