It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islamic Outrage a Hoax? Who is manipulating who?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Muaddib, dont be putting words in my mouth. I never said that they were white folks disguised as whatever...

Why dont we stick to the subject matter? The writting on ALL the signs is the same.

Do the people carrying the sign know what the sign says? Maybe, maybe not. I'm educated enough to know English people can speak and write English. plueeeze..

My only question here is why are all the signs written by the same person?

Is that the custom? Could be. Its only a question. Where i come from, you make your own signs.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

1. This was not a spontaneous demonstration. Whoever organized it, arranged for someone to produce the signs.

2. I doubt that any of the protests elsewhere were spontaneous also.

3. Yes, there are those with ulterior motives behind this. It is clear to me who they are.

4. What amazes me is that some people are so biased in their anti-U.S. self hatred that they can’t recognize that these issues are being pushed by radical Islamics.

5. The only people that these riots benefit is the radicals. The riots are designed to polarize the ignorant and to marginalize the moderate Islamics. Now ask yourself, who does that benefit?

6. If, there is validity to the claim that some clerics were passing around cartoons that were never published in the papers, then maybe it is time for al-jazeera to prove that they also understand the power and the duties of a free press.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Why not?.... Is not as if flags are very expensive and only the government or rich people can buy them.... They are readily available at any major stores that i am aware of. Or are flags that expensive and that rare to buy in Europe?

Not Europe, the countries I mentioned. Maybe Danish flags are abundant in Denmark, but in Afghanistan? What I'm trying to say is that the flag burnings must be organized for so many of them to be happening. No where did I suggest that only the government or rich people can buy them.

I have seen that this outrage has been around since that time, Muslim clerics went around countries propagating and showing these cartoons and showing others which were never published by the European newspapers.

I asked why the protests are happening now. I'm not aware of any riots or protests about these cartoons that happened before two weeks ago. Maybe you can link me to some information on Riots in September 2005.

i think there are a lot of people who are waking up to the Islamic extremist threat. IMO this is not "manipulation by the rich and powerful."

You don't conceder religious leaders to be powerful?

Originally posted by Umbrax
Perhaps it is the leaders in the east who wish to destroy western civilization. They may be trying to rally people against the west.

Why in the world would rich people want to destroy the same society that keeps them rich and made them rich?.... The Muslims extremists are the ones that want to "destroy the west,"

I was throwing around many different ideas on what may really be happening here. You quoted me where I said maybe the leaders in the East (Iran) are trying to rally support to fight westerners. You think it is impossible that Iran is setting up things so he can get aid in destroying Israel and then the U.S.?

or do you think that maybe even the conquering spree that the Muslims went through in the middle ages were all a product of the present governments of the west?.....

Seems like you are making assumptions on what I think. Like I said, I put a lot of different ideas out there. You seem to be making me out as thinking that the west is behind all of this. Why is that?

"When people forget history, history is bound to repeat itself."

I remember the Holocaust and the Japanese-American/Canadian detainment camps. Does that count?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

I think there is a big possibility of manipulation here.

If so who is behind it?

How did you hear about it?
The "media" provided it for you.
Who controls the Global Media ?
I'm sure all of you realize that there are millions of events that are reported and covered by news agencies around the world that you will never see. WE are being manipulated.

Have you ever considered that the same people who have found such a perfect way to exploit ''westeners" are working on the same program with our 'enemies' leaders too?
and we are just pawns watching, criticizing and fighting against each other from opposite sides of the globe?

A couple perspectives from outside our borders;(and some inside too)

"I can't believe this, it's like they are all just laying in the prone position while "the man" is pouring it to em'! "
"I know! can you believe they think they are the 'superpower' of the world.....poor things"
Well it's not like they didn't know they were under surveillance from their own government, AND they are also fighting 'the war of terror' while trying to.. spread their freedom.. to the rest of the world... ha ha ha,
they could at least spread their legs or ask for some vaseline, or SOMETHING? ugh, it's disgusting.

"Those who live in a glass cage shouldn't throw stones"

'They' ARE Us.

WE are being manipulated.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I ran into this post on another board...

Look at these pictures perportedly posted on Yahoo:

Notice how all the signs were obviously made by the same person?

Odd, don't you think?

This has got me wondering whether we truly understand this story.

Interesting !!! excellent find loam...

I have a Logical explanation:

To be honest I felt something wrong with those pictures when I saw them in another ATS threads. I though: why protesters in UK write such violent signs, while they were struggling to clear their image after 7/7 London bombings?

After 7/7 bombings the British media started considering Muslims position in British society, and TV news channels started to link Muslims with terrorism. Muslims were struggling in defending themselves in the media day and night. When I saw those pictures in another ATS forums I felt it is strange for British Muslims to hold such signs because it will ruin their image. Also I never remember seeing such pictures on TV !! Then I had a passing though about If those pictures were faked, but I rejected the idea immediately because I thought it was insane.
Now you opened my eyes to this finding, the handwriting is the same in ALL pictures !! This can easy be done using any photo editing software such as Photoshop. I can do this easily on Paint shop pro. Actually I can easily put my face in any picture I want ( ex, putting my face instead of Bush's face
)

So I would say it is easy to fake these pictures, by replacing the original text in the signs into another text !!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can assure you that the signs in these images are not 'photoshopped'. The British
media showed the protesting crowd in London and they DID carry banners with such
fearful threats.
I agree that it's a little odd that the signs seem to be written by the same person
and I wouldn't be surprised that this is due to the organising of the protest.

The problem that really enraged these young Islamists was that some French newspapers have also printed the cartoons.
We tolerate freedom of speech when discussing religeon, radical Islamics don't.
This is going to take a great deal of appeasing the East and disciplining the West.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Look here. Riwka posted on this page a few scans from Egyptian Newspaper Al Fagr on October 17, 2005. They printed the cartoons in Egypt
! Isn´t that odd? Just a little bit? For what reasons are they burning Norwegian flags and embassies?

Originally posted by Riwka

• nobody in Egypt protested,
  • nobody wanted an apolgy for the re-publishing
  • no death threads against Al Fagr
  • nobody stormed the embassy of Egypt somewhere
  • nobody burned the egyptian flag...

• posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:54 PM
    link   
    I don't think it's a hoax, but it's purposefully being used in an inflamatory manner in the media.

It's about making associations in the public consciousness. We have Iran in our minds now because of the media's attention on them the past year or so - After Iraq, lots of comments were made about 'Iran being next' - The TV news stories about Iran over this time have gone from towards the end of the news, small stories, to headline news.

Now Iraq has served it's purpose, Saddam hardly gets any headline space, so it's onwards and upwards to Iran.

Showing Muslims as blood-thirsty, irrational religious zealots is simply stirring up more division and re-inforcing negative attitudes and helps to build up resentment and fear towards Muslims, and makes a case for invasion all the more easy to make.

It's all divide and conquer as far as I can see - the oldest trick, and it still works the best.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:49 PM
    link   
    The CIA or other letter groups don't need to create a hoax to make the muslims look bad. They are perfectly capable of making themselves look bad all by themselves!!

In this thread, here I have been pulling together all the disparate articles on the net. What I found is this....

There were 12 pics posted.
    These offended at least one Danish iman.
    He tried to get opposition raised demanding an apology
    No one was interested.
    He put the pics in a booklet and added more pictures that he recieved from right wing nazis, sent to him in order to insult Islam.
    He sent the booklet to Muslim groups, and visited other countries to promote it amongst the Muslim Brotherhood Organization
    The Muslim Brotherhood took it all onboard and CREATED the riots and protests we see.
    They based their justification on the extra pics (mohammed in pig head) which really ARE abusive.
    Those pics were NOT in the original 12, no one cared about those 12 initially.
    The Danish iman is now scared of what he started stating that it puts Muslims in a bad light.

Read the thread for names, dates, etc, etc

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:16 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
    These offended at least one Danish iman.

What's the story on this iman? Any details?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:31 PM
    link   
    Hellmutt, you gotta remember we in the US--where I assume the bulk of ATS members live--only learned about this a few days ago. It just got to the MSM like a day or two ago.
    The fake aspect, as far as I have seen, has not reached MSM yet.

Since your part of the world has known about this much longer, you have had longer to suspect the truth and unravel the situation.
    You're not on ignore, we are playing catch-up

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:41 PM
    link   

The fake aspect, as far as I have seen, has not reached MSM yet.

I've only seen the fake ones on the local news today. They were talking about the one that is a picture of a dude that won a pig calling contest.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:46 PM
    link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
    You're not on ignore, we are playing catch-up

Exactly!

There are many great topics that have gone unnoticed around ATS lately. :shk:

I smell manipulation on both sides.
    The radicals are having a field day and the MSM are playing along nicely.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:30 AM
    link   
    Excellent points, VelvetSplash. The MSM keep on showing visuals of violent protesters here, violent protesters there. Where are the visuals of the peaceful demonstrations?

For example, the protests in Indonesia were non-violent (it was just a bunch of people condemning the cartoons in front of some building, I think it was an embassy) but they don't show that. Instead they keep on showing the burning embassies in the middle-east, followed by a note along the lines of "...there were also protests in the Phillipines, Thailand and Indonesia..."

Not very difficult for people to make the assumption that it was violent elsewhere too.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:05 AM
    link   
    **deleted "I told you so" type post ****

Originally posted by Gools
    There are many great topics that have gone unnoticed around ATS lately. :shk:

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:38 AM
    link   
    This smells like CIA & NSA no if and,s or butts?? they cant even mix up the signs.. that upon itself is the giveaway..seniority rules in the feds!!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:25 AM
    link   
    Thanks DTOM and Gools.

I´m in my bed with a flu and I started to believe this was all fever hallucinations and not really happening. I find it hard to understand why facts which should be easy to check should be ignored by countries/nations imposing sanctions against and boycotting another country because of cheap lies. Religious leaders can mislead their followers, that I can understand. Not countries going to "war" because of rumours and fake accusations (= incredibly bad intelligence
    ).

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:38 AM
    link   
    very interesting:

www.infowars.com... tm

gathering the support for another attack and what do you know, it works like a charm, just look at the radical elements on ATS screaming bomb islamofaschists !!
    And muslims have proven they are no smarter than their US and european sheeple counterparts

if it doesnt work the globalists will just produce another 7/7 style attack...i belive that more educated we get the lower they will sink to keep us apart. Well not me, im in the middle and i will never pick a side on this rotten coin.
    It all just makes me wanna

this is interesting also:

www.freemarketnews.com...

some family ties there....but i wonder what it means

[edit on 9-2-2006 by nukunuku]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:22 AM
    link   
    ~~

? Who is instigating...??

there seems to be several, self-interest, groups/individuals
    weaving their own threads.

Each of those threads have their own justifications-rationalizations-agendas, which in turn convinces a 'following' that 'the other-guy is in the wrong'...

the scarey thing is that the more thread-spinners there are,
    it is inevitable that a rope will be one result...
    (which leads to the ultimate question of ?
    Who is fashioning the rope into a hangman's noose? )

? the Copenhagen, Denmark newspaper who 1st published the caricatures
    --rumor that 1 insider has affiliation with the annual Bilderberg conf's-

? or the Muslim caricatures assembled in the Egyptian Ramadan issue
    --sowing seeds? of negativity within the cleric leaders towards west & EU-

? the Bush regime, neocons, diplomatic corps, geo-political strategy
    --fortifing 'I told You so' meme, toward the heretofor reluctant EU on the W-O-T-

? cabal of major EU newspapers, in re-publishing cartoons 4 months later
    --increase circulation, or interwoven 'personal' agendas, or pressured by the steady stream of US officials, hawking the need for greater EU participation in the War-On-Terror strategy

? Excite the Masses
    --the Muslim-Islamic community seeking to demonize a group--
    --the American Geo-strategic ploy seeking to demonize a group--

This list is hardly complete, nor detailed in all the machinations of the 'thread spinners'...but give the issue (which led to the violent demonstrations enough time to develop in more dangerous territory) enough time and an Epic, similar to the 9-11 Myth, will be spun
    then woven, wrapped into cords, then twisted into that hangman's noose

ps; since i don't have enough 'Way Above' s to go around, i can't send one to the 5 posters i think sould get one in this thread alone.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:45 PM
    link   
    I suspected some sort of amnipulation somewhere.
    Perhaps there will be worse riots coming and then martial law will be imposed.
    Then the NWO will be in power.

I think the riots and "Death to Europe" just goes to prove the cartoonists point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join