It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor: New Orleans will seek aid from other nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Mayor: New Orleans will seek aid from other nations

Shortcomings in aid from the U.S. government are making New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin look to other nations for help in rebuilding his hurricane-damaged city.

Nagin, who has hosted a steady stream of foreign dignitaries since Hurricane Katrina hit in late August, says he may seek international assistance because U.S. aid has not been sufficient to get the city back on its feet.

"I know we had a little disappointment earlier with some signals we're getting from Washington but the international community may be able to fill the gap," Nagin said when a delegation of French government and business officials passed through on Friday to explore potential business partnerships.

More...

I have passed on quite a few Katrina stories as of late, but this one sums them all up...

:shk:

I have no words...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yep...you hit it right on the head,,,that's why they got no help.

Check this link out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That is the worst example of Bush and Co not giving a s### about the people who's lives were devastated. I just cannot believe that the US Gov. will not help, leaving a mayor to look to over sea aid to build his city back up... man GB sure has got lots of goog old Godly compassion in his christian heart hasn't he?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Theres not much that I can say . I guess if they cant fill the pockets of hailburton the US government dosnt care. People in the worlds richiest nation are turning to countries whose combined budgets wouldnt match that of the USA.
I found this interesting link.

initially, the United States had been reluctant during several days to accept donations and aid from foreign countries other than Canada and the United Kingdom. However, this policy was reversed, and as the reports of damage grew more grim, the United States has slowly started to accept the foreign aid

New Zealand
Has pledged USD 2 million though the Red Cross. This contribution is in addition to the offers the government has already made to send an Urban Search and Rescue Team, a Disaster Victim Identification team or post disaster recovery personnel

link

[edit on 19-2-2006 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join