It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need info on Ft Riley Kansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread but it seemed like a good place to post.

I am looking for information on Ft. riley KS simply because of something i saw on UFO's recently on the history channel I believe. In the program they talked about the roswell incedent and how a lot of the stuff was taken to Ft Riley afterwards.

I was born on Ft Riley in 1973 and left when I was 2 as my dad was discharged from the Army then. At the age of 3 I started having very vivid dreams up until I was around 9. These dreams seemed all to real and when i was a teenager I read in a local newspaper article that was talking about alien abductions. In the article the dream I had was described and was a possible sign of abduction.

I have posted threads about these dreams in a previous post and can be found here

Just looking for what anybody knows on this base.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by IncognitoGhostman]

Cug

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Anything in particular you want to know?

I was stationed there for 3 years (Got out 4 months before Iraq invaded Kuwait).

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was there for three years (1985,1986,1987) and as far as I know not one thing ever happened while I was there.....that does not mean that nothing EVER happened there....Ft. Riley is a pretty mellow place.

I was in HHC USAG.

Cug

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

I was in HHC USAG.

HCC USAG late 87- early 90 here. I might of been there at the same time as you.

And by mellow you mean boring.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by Cug]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
HCC USAG late 87- early 90 here. I might of been there at the same time as you.And by mellow you mean boring.

boring ?? nah !! mellow is better...I loved Ft. Riley and tried to find a job when ETS came around. Could not find one though.....

I used to party in Manhattan and Ogden.....great fishing in KS !!

My head NCO was 1sg Bieze...remember him ??

Cug

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

boring ?? nah !! mellow is better...I loved Ft. Riley and tried to find a job when ETS came around. Could not find one though.....

I used to party in Manhattan and Ogden.....great fishing in KS !!

My head NCO was 1sg Bieze...remember him ??

Not the name.. We got a female 1sg soon after I got there. Come to think of it I think she was there when I got there but I might be mistaken. But I didn't really have much to do with the company. we were a bit independent of it because of our weird work hours. (Div EOC) Most of my off duty time was spent with the strippers in JC.

Hey IncognitoGhostman, come on back we got 6 years of the 1st ID between us we should be able to help.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
AHHHH...good ole Junction City.....where the men were men and the G.I.'s had eyes in the back of their head !!

JC is a cool place ...as long as you know your place if you get my drift.

many a hooker on the main drag at night.

I spent many a hour getting hammered in JC....plus they had a good cruise night.....when not on duty I used to ride with some "angels" once in awhile.

I wonder if Taco John's is still in JC ??

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What I was looking for info on was about any covert ops or government testing done there. As I stated in the post I linked to I had some strange dreams and weird occurrances beginning from the day I was born.

When I was born I was put into isolation for either 48 or 72 hours without any family contact. From what my mom has told me there was nothing wrong with me. Also 3 months before my dad was due to ETS I came down with the croop and was in isolation again for 72 hours.

My dreams were almost lifelike, I was laying on a table unable to move. There were figures of people or whatever standing around me and I couldnt move. I could see no visible signs of or feel restraints.

This dream has always been in the back of my mind for some reason.

I too am in the Army Reserves and have been since 1991 and just got back from Iraq on Dec 15th 2005. Thank you for serving our country.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was at Ft. Riley in the early 80's. There has never been anything secret or special about the base. Started as a Calvary fort in the 1800's during the migration west and was the jump off point for the great indian wars. While stationed there the base was what was then called " A open post ". Meaning anyone and everyone could come on the base and wander around. The majority of the base was training area for the 1st infantry division and attached units. There was a ROTC camp on the south west portion of the base, Camp Funston i believe is what it was called. The southern stretch along I-70 was the airfield. The main post had the Quadrangle which consisted of inprocessing, the main post office the detention center (for transfers to Ft. Leavenworth military penal facility) and the psot commissary. Taking the road from the main post west towards Junction City took you past the Buffalo herd, which was a 10 acre area fenced in for the keeping of the actual buffalo herd. The post commanders building was at the base of Custer hill. Custer hill was the highest point of the post and housed all of the infantry, armor, and artillary units on post. The post clothing store was along the road tha encircled the barracks area. This road was a 7.6 mile loop around the top of the hill. The post PX complex, NCO club and a small enlisted club called the "Rusty helmet" were alos on the hill. Leaving the hill to the SW took you towards the parade grounds, camp funston, the officers club and assorted other buildings. North and northwest portions of the base consisted of training areas, tank trails, artillary impact areas and such. This ran to just 3 miles south of Lake Milford. As for anything secret and or special ever happening there!!! I heard the claims made by Col. Corso (USAR. Ret.), do not think so!! Just some input!!!

top topics

join