It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of Clultures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It is my observation that most Muslim live by a code of "Honor and Face" while most Christians following the code of "Right and Wrong". Morality of the Muslims comes about from tribal upbringing. Living within a tribal cluture fosters a group mentality and disallows individualisim.
The Christian community left this concept of tribalism centuries ago. Christians an Muslims cannot coexists with oneanother until they breakaway from there individual tribes.

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 7-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by flycatch]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
By 'Christian' I assume you mean 'Western'?

I'd agree that Islam is stuck (for now) in that fundamentalist way of thinking that Christianity once used to terrify the world (Spanish Inquisition, Crusades etc).

Thankfully all but the nuttiest Christians now realise their belief is a framework rather than absolute truth/justification for evil acts

Hopefully Islam will mellow over time to become 'just religion' rather than a way of life / thinking. But I suspect this won't happen in time for a major clash of peoples to be avoided.

No-one can predict what the spark will be (maybe it is a few unfunny cartoons) but I think that war between the west and Islam is, sadly, inevitable.

new topics

join